Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:00 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:24 pm  Post subject: ''Bring Me To Life' - SSX Tricky music clip  
First of all I wanted to express some more of my appreciation for this SSX Tricky masterpiece. Apart from commercial clips trying to sell, I never saw a game so well presented. Entirely made of clips of SSX Tricky, it extended far beyond my own (then) 2 months of effort playing. The emotional score is very well matched with both quality and timing and I'm still deep in awe of the obvious effort needed to create it. It even made me appreciate the game more, which I would have considered impossible, holding it in such high regards already.

But I have a question, that's been bugging me since the first time I saw it, which is:

How do you rotate -in game- (not Replay!) in your Garabaldi still-shots? My own guess at the time, is that you had 'secret' help from EA-developers. Seeing the high quality of MercuryCity, it was an obvious assumption. But knowing a lot more (I think?), and watching the clip again just now, the question returned. This question is (obviously) aimed at the creator and MercuryCity.com/ssx_forum administator, gondee, though others may answer it if they know, of course.

ps: I truly believe that MrChaos, GamingNerd & YoshiXL have a hell of a task at their hands topping this clip, no offends. :wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:41 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Wow, thanks for the compliments! :china I really appreciate them...it's nice to know not everyone giggles at the clip and thinks it's a "love letter" the way they did at the "Game Engine" show in New York.

Quote:
How do you rotate -in game- (not Replay!) in your Garabaldi still-shots? My own guess at the time, is that you had 'secret' help from EA-developers. Seeing the high quality of MercuryCity, it was an obvious assumption. But knowing a lot more (I think?), and watching the clip again just now, the question returned. This question is (obviously) aimed at the creator and MercuryCity.com/ssx_forum administator, gondee, though others may answer it if they know, of course.

You're the first one I've seen that's picked up on this - it's nothing as exclusive as "getting help from EA." It's more like "I collected as much footage as was physically possible", heheh.

That particular clip is from a pre-release Gamespot video that I collected before the game was even released. It's the "Matrix" feature that was going to be in the game, but which was take out prior to release because it broke up the flow of the gameplay. I wanted to use it but couldn't find a good place time to do so. Then I made the Elise video and managed to fit it in the place where it did, by far, the most impact.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. I'm getting ready to finish the Kaori one (I want to work on a project that I can finish and I'm back in the mood to work on this.) Hopefully you'll like that one as much. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:15 pm  Post subject: Re: ''Bring Me To Life' - SSX Tricky music clip  
Gravitude MVP
Ettepet wrote:
I truly believe that MrChaos, GamingNerd & YoshiXL have a hell of a task at their hands topping this clip, no offends. :wink

We are not making this video looking to upstage anyone... We are doing so for the main purpose of our obession with this game!!!

We wanted to make a video that could bring everyone together as a whole unit....

I hope our video does not bring up any wars, but lets everyone see what an excellent game Tricky was AND STILL IS! :D :pimp

Last edited by MrChaos on Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:17 pm  Post subject:   
I think our videos are doing different things...you're is more of a collage/tribute, and mine is just a regular music video. If you'd like to see a collage download my "Return of the Mac" video from the Gametrailers Fan Movies section. That's more of a collage than a music video.

On my part though, it's SO NICE to have someone ELSE making a music video! :lol Don't think it's some sort of contest. :)

Last edited by gondee on Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:19 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
Wow, thanks for the compliments! :china I really appreciate them...it's nice to know not everyone giggles at the clip and thinks it's a "love letter" the way they did at the "Game Engine" show in New York.

You deserve it, and I would speak for more people if that was physically possible! :china :??? :heh

I think it should be permanently available on MercuryCity, for all SSX (Tricky) fans. I might even put up a poll, since you seem to have lacked enough positive feedback! (unless people show enough appreciation here, in this topic: :poke)

Quote:
It's the "Matrix" feature that was going to be in the game, but which was take out prior to release because it broke up the flow of the gameplay.

That helps explain why a similar "still" in MCM was 'just' a replay.

Quote:
I'm getting ready to finish the Kaori one (I want to work on a project that I can finish and I'm back in the mood to work on this.) Hopefully you'll like that one as much. :)

I doubt it. :wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:28 pm  Post subject: Re: ''Bring Me To Life' - SSX Tricky music clip  
MrChaos wrote:
We are not making this video looking to upstage anyone... We are doing so for the main purpose of our obession with this game!!!

We wanted to make a video that could bring everyone together as a whole unit....

I hope our video does not bring up any wars, but lets everyone see what an excellent game Tricky was AND STILL IS! :D :pimp

I know, I was just puting the quality of the BMBTL-clip in perspective, and didn't mean in any way to demean your efforts. I appreciate your effort and the positive attitude present on this board vèry much. :)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:29 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:
I think it should be permanently available on MercuryCity, for all SSX (Tricky) fans. I might even put up a poll, since you seem to have lacked enough positive feedback! (unless people show enough appreciation here, in this topic)

:heh Don't worry, my ego isn't in need of an uplifting or anything. :lol I got plenty of good feedback after I released it, but seeing people laugh at it in New York kinda shook me a little (granted, the host actually CALLED IT a "Love Letter", and then the people saw voluptuous Elise and laughed their butts off).

We should be putting all the music videos on the site here soon, not sure when. Probably shortly after all the Master Runs get put online as well. :china

I like the Kaori video, it's got some good parts (some GREAT stuff captured by Vegeta) and a good song, but I was inspired with the Elise video and I think it shows. :D

But I'm defniitely looking forward to the Masters video that Chaos and the group are putting together. I think it will be very cool to see other people's method of putting together a music video. :china

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:34 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
The Return of the Mac video is awesome gondee...

Excellent work! :china

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:01 pm  Post subject:   
Yes, "Return of the Mac" is indeed very well done. Funny, now that I have seen quite a few record runs, I know where a lot off material was taken from.

I'm anxiously awaiting both clips, especially the commemorative one since it has some never before released clips in it. A pity that people live so far apart, cause I would gladly have spent a decent number of hours precisely joining clips, or searching for interesting stuff among the hours of material. :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:16 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
Gondee's work is very good. You should consider making some more movies and such if you have the time. Hey, what happened to the Kaori one? About how much % is it done and should we expect if before or after SSX 3 comes out.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:24 pm  Post subject:   
Kaori one just got delayed in typical gondee fashion :heh :D It's about 40% done, but I need to do a lot of work to refine. I'm getting the bug to work on it again so it will most likely be out before SSX 3. :china

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:00 pm  Post subject:   
Yeah!!! :)

Let's drink to that! :cheers

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:57 am  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
:cheers :cheers :cheers <---- from left to right, YoshiXL, Chaos, Gondee, Gamingnerd,Ettepet,viviFF

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:52 pm  Post subject:   
Sorry to say this, but i dunt really care for kaori...The first SSX3 music video that i wld really like to see is characters with funky bolt-ons!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2003 11:36 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
...but seeing people laugh at it in New York kinda shook me a little (granted, the host actually CALLED IT a "Love Letter", and then the people saw voluptuous Elise and laughed their butts off).

Grrrrr... :mad I hate it when the general majority contemptuously pigeonholes fans of certain genres into neat and tidy little stereotypes, particularly genres that are considered "cult status" or "immature." When people make music videos using clips from sports films, do they call those "love letters?" Nearly EVERY genre has fans that others might consider hopelessly obsessive (and I'm not saying you're like that, Gondee, but your host and the crowd made that assumption).

I mean, why should everyone have to follow the crowd and just be fans of more socially acceptable genres? As long as what you like doesn't hurt you or others, why should anyone scoff at it? Especially when it is a growing multi-billion dollar endeavor, like the video game industry?

*sigh* Maybe I'm misjudging your host, Gondee, but I still don't like how you were made fun of for working hard on an enjoyable project. You're a more gracious individual than I. :china

Anyway I, for one, have loved your videos so far and hope you'll have time to make more in the future. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 3:24 am  Post subject:   
It wasn't a thing he did on purpose, DG. He just called it a love letter on a whim, but it still unwittingly conveyed the message that I was some sort of obsessed-gamer who pines for some make-believe video game character, when that wasn't even the motivation behind the Elise video. (The motivation was the song - I really loved that song and Elise was the next character people voted for, and who would fit the song best I thought). The good news is that the laughter died down into the movie about a minute in as soon as they saw what a cool movie it was, but it still made the video seem like more farcical than it was intended.

I'll be the first to admit I have parts in there that are played for irony or laughs (like the part where Elise sits frozen in mid-air and the song goes "Frozen in time", or that short cip where Eddie is staring at Elise's boobs.) But everyone who I've seen watch it has never mockingly laughed AT it, so if it hadn't been said I don't think there would have been any giggles whatsoever. Nobody I've shown the vid to IRL even knew I did music videos or that I even liked video games until I told them about it. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:31 am  Post subject:   
I should really come to this board more often.

Yep, I couldn't agree more with what Ettepet said. It's seriously one hell of a good music clip which I often play and just look at in awe. The music, the footage, the way it was put together is just perfect. I said it at the time of release and still believe it's easily your best work to date gondee.

I've also wondered about that live rotation, but never thought to ask.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:17 am  Post subject:   
ssx4ever wrote:
I should really come to this board more often.

You sure should! :china

gondee, not to seem to be battering on about it, but I am truely interested in how you got into the Olympic flame, f.i., or got at the high ledge before the jump in Alaska (through the glass). These might be in the FAQ, but are in all likelyhood difficult to explain in words. Both would be great movie-clips to learn how to get more out of this game. Unless you want some magic remaining, of course.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:14 pm  Post subject:   
R u guys gonna make music videos of ssx3 as well??? and watever happened to the pictures of the week, they arent being updated anymore...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:46 pm  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
if i get the equipment on my computer i wanna start doing vids for ssx 3. but more importantly i care about making records for it. thats my main goal.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:55 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
There will be TONS of videos from both gamingnerd and me out of SSX3...

Trust me :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:32 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:
R u guys gonna make music videos of ssx3 as well??? and watever happened to the pictures of the week, they arent being updated anymore...

Pictures of the week was more like Pictures of the YEAR, :lol. Grandmort and I just didn't have much interest in taking pictures every week, heheh, so we removed it.

I will definitely be making music videos of SSX 3. We requested certain changes to the replay mode just for that very reason. :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:27 am  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
We requested certain changes to the replay mode just for that very reason. :D

Whow! That sounds like dream-type feedback!! From this one remark alone I can gather some of how great this weekend must have felt.. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:35 am  Post subject:   
Um, guys, I just wanna ask: Is there any way to get you some video, you know, Mail,memory card,ect? Coz if I can, even though they aren't record replays, i've got some sweet stuff. The best one is when I pull of a Scooter-to-Sad Sack-to Walking the dog with Mac on Tokyo Megaplex-And it's not from an air vent! I've also got some other Mac replays that could be good enough to put in a music video too. Could you send replays somehow?

(P.S. if you post be back asking, i'll tell you how to do the Tokyo combo. (P.S. inside P.S., remember, it's not from an air vent, so it's not from the air vent glitch).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:37 pm  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
:(

Well, its too late for your replays to be sent in for the Masters of SSX music video. Also, I dont think ppl know who you are or what your best scores/times are. If you are good you should try to compare ur scores/times with those on the scoreboard. then if u do that we can consider u a master if you prove urself!

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 43 posts ]  1, 2