Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:25 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm  Post subject: Introductions and goodbyes  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Im posting this here more for me to accept it rather than for comment but I have no problem if people wish to add to this post. My sister uses facebook, my brother chooses his friends, Merq is my online home so this is where I choose to be open.

Some people might have had a great time, others worse but this is mine -
So far it been a bad 12 months, its had it highs which have pulled me through like the board competition and having fun watching SSX develop and release, even winning the board amongst other things but there comes a point where there’s no more you can take however chearful you try to be.

I had a minor car crash last June 2011 while driving, I took a right hand turn but the bloke behind decided to over take to get past and he took out the driver side of my car, that rolled on for months trying to sort it all out. Then in November I fought to keep my job due to cut backs, at the time I was part way through covering 10 months leave by a fellow staff member doubling my workload because work could not afford cover staff. In the same month I had just called my Uncle to see him on his birthday, he was out celebrating so I posted the card and decided to visit him the following weekend with his present. Three days later I got a call that my Uncle had dropped dead from a sudden massive heart attack while he worked, his funeral followed shortly. His daughter had only just got married 6 weeks earlier.

Then came Christmas and my daughter had fallen ill passing it onto my wife and me but we made the most of the time.

New year 2012 which is the beginning of my busiest and most stressful time of year for work which ends in a massive workload again in March. By this time my daughter was turning 3 and plans were in place to go and have some fun for a few days. Unfortunately she caught chicken-pox and so things were scaled down so we could look after her.

At the start of April the team I worked with was split and moved to different management leading to the loss of 2 work mates jobs and everyone else left with the same amount of work and less people to do it but maybe next month things will look better eh!

Come May things were beginning to settle down at work and my daughter was well enough having cleared of colds, sickness, chickenpox and infections, even the board competition was in full flow and things were picking up, even the weather. That Friday May 25th was great as I placed for a prize and the following morning the sun shone so we packed up for a great day out to the seaside as planned back in March for my Daughter. As some already know we had quite a hard hitting crash resulting in the police and ambulance coming to the scene. The car was smashed up, we were hurt but everyone was ok but on a low, as something else had now come along to kick us in the teeth with another drawn out car claim and we all became ill again resulting in time off work, pain killers and antibiotics. A few days later I stumbled back to work as it was made clear that I was the only member of staff to cover the section as everyone else was sick or away on holiday. Imagine being your place of works best and only option trying to recover from a crash while on medication for a heavy chest infection.
Either way I went back and did what I could in the condition I was in until staff returned to help out again as I was doddering around like an old man dosed up on tablets. How, I thought to myself, can this get any worse!!

Id like to introduce my Dad, a tall slim 6ft man who worked shifts, played bowls and loved his football. My earliest memory is when I was 3yrs old and I was holding his hand walking up and down the street during a Jubilee party where the neighbours had the road closed off. Through the years he’d play catch in the garden, take me the cinema, go the park and fly kites, pick me up from school and give me shoulder rides. As I grew up we didn’t have the same interests or like the same things but if I needed anything he was there, if I had done something I thought was great id show him and he’d take an interest, if something was broken he’d show me how to fix it.

He was recently admitted to hospital on the 15th June for extra care due to poor health and to receive medication to help him. I went to visit on the 16th for a short visit as Sunday 17th was fathers day so Id see him then. Come Sunday I had fallen ill again. My Dad, due to suspected TB scaring on an Xray was not admitted visitors with any breathing or chest problems. So I had to wait, my brother has asthma so he could not visit, my sisters daughter has CF so she could not visit, only our mother could go each day until the all clear was given.

On the early morning of 25th June as my parents were talking to each other my Dad fell asleep in front of her and died. I never got to see him since that last visit. I will never have anymore time with him, my daughter will never get to know him and I don’t even know how to explain it to her that’s he’s gone.

Last month I though I was going to lose my own family, this month I have lost a dearest and much loved family member.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I’m offering what’s happened to me as yours.

If your reading this just remember not to take family and friends for granted. If you can, go and see them and spend a little time with them, see a movie, go out for dinner, just do something that’s happy and all together that you’ll all remember. Take a picture, film it with you phone camera, because once those moments are gone you’ll want something to look back on and share with others. If what I’m writing only sticks with you for a day or a week then at least its done some good in the hope that you’ll have that one extra happy time you wouldn’t have thought about having while letting life pass you by.

Goodbye Dad and I love you x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
After reading all of that i have so much respect for you. It must have taken alot to write about things so personal to you.
For you to keep up such a positive vibe about you on these boards with all of that going on is just incredible and is truely inspirational.

Its easy for others to say when they arent going through it but, try to think of the time you had with those you have lost and not the time you didnt have.

Best of luck for the future, things can only get better. Stay strong mate :china

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
PSN: Evojet
I'm very sorry for your loss, Yeti.
You've made me realize that I need to travel back home and see my family, especially my grandparents.
Take care of yourself and stay positive!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 am  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
PSN: ginntonicnyc
So sorry for your loss...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
PSN: Donoftea
Yeti, my heart goes out to you mate, really sorry for your loss.

From reading your post & your other posts on this board, you're obviously a very kind & generous guy, and I am sure that will make a big difference to all your friends and family even during such a rough time.

I really hope the rest of this year picks up for you & wish you and your family the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Yeti, your post really struck to my heart. I really feel proud that you felt safe enough to say that here.

I'm in the same way, my parents are getting old too, and neither of them have really led healthy lives. I don't know what I'll be like once they're gone. I think it's only something you can deal with once it happens.

Just remember the best times your father spent with you - it's what will help quell the pain, but don't expect it to go away. Grieving is part of honoring their memory, and it's a natural part of the process of living. Stay strong dude, and let me know if you need anything.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
Yeti, I've had a bit of a rough year too. Nothing remotely in comparison to what you've gone through so I won't even waste anyone's time in mentioning it. Just know that you are in my thoughts. As I already told you, you were one of the few back in the early days that was always so very kind to me and I'll forever appreciate the friendship we have. I hope things start to look up for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Thanks everyone

Ive just had enough at the moment, I dont usually post anything like this but I just needed to do something to get it out and straight in my head and Im most comfortable here writing it (cheers G).

Ive had some lessons in life this year regarding family. You cant always protect them no matter how close you are, and you cant stop them leaving you if you think its time or not. You simply just have to enjoy the moment your in and create more sooner rather than later.

:china

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:26 pm  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
Yeah, like vix, I've been having a rough year but wow, nothing even remotely as bad as you. Bad? Yes. But not so much.

I lost my grandfather when I was 14. I still cry to this very day, specially when I feel low, I remember him and wish he was here. I hope you don't have to go through that. I hope you can always look back on the good moments and hope that you never feel regret about anything at all concerning him. I hope form now on, when you heal, you always look back with a smile and not a tear.

I hope everything else sorts out for you. I hope when I next come to this thread, in a few weeks, I can read some positive news from you.

If you need anything drop me a PM whenever you want. I know I don't have half the life experience you do, but it can never hurt to trade PMs for a bit.

PS: I kinda wish this was on Playground, many people just skip the lodge unfortunately.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:30 am  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
XBL: Kaavyn
You're in my prayers Yeti. It's been a tough year for you but there's always highs and lows. Just ride it out and you'll be back in shape soon enough.

Rest in peace papa Yeti.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:29 am  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
:china Thanks for sharing Yeti. My ex-gf who I'm still very close to just found out her mother has breast cancer, so I can relate. Thanks for reminding me to value those who are close to me. :china

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Cheers guys and thanks.

So sorry to hear your news flexxx, I hope everything goes well for her.

bakalhau, cheers for the offer mate and the better memories are starting to come through more than the loss but theres a way to go.

In the ever deepening hole that is my current life, due to the high stress levels recently the Dr's have treated my mother for a minor stroke. Its not affected her physically but she is struggling with her speech. Its hoped that this will come back over a short time and she'll be ok. Maybe the funeral tomorrow will help her in some way to release some of her pressure but my family is great and we're there for each other.

I wish it were easier but life seems to be teaching me things the hard way at the moment. Come monday I need to dig my heels in and get back on track. I glad people can learn from whats happening without having to go through it to find it out.

Kav wrote:
Rest in peace papa Yeti.

thanks Kav, I really like that

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
Good luck with today/tommorow Yeti, im sure it will be a wonderful service. I hope it marks new beginnings for you, and hopefully a turn in luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:46 am  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
Hmm, yeah i never visit the lodge much, so i almost missed this one. Im usually not very good when it comes to these sort of things, never know what to say really and im always afraid of saying the wrong things. All i can say is that it takes a very strong person to be dealing with everything you're going through, and im glad that you feel that you trust us enough to tell us about your personal matters. We really are a different type of community here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:25 am  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Cheers Yoshi & CK

And Merq is the best community ever :china

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
PSN: xsouth
Hey yeti,

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles and i'm sorry for your loss.

Despite all your troubles, your post still carries the warmth of a good guy. I see that whenever i read any of your posts.

Many best wishes to you mate.

Amy Archer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:38 am  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
PSN: jonipooon
You're a great man, Yeti. A great man. I'm sorry for your loss, just like Yoshi I seldom check this subforum so it was gripping to find this thread of yours. You had a tough year and you are doing your very best to make it through. You are full of positive energy and you have lots of love to give, I know that (I still remember the SSX card game you sended to me, many thanks again for that). Use this to your advantage and show love to your closest, just like you said. Everyday is a gift. You will make it. I wish all the best to you and your wife and daughter.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:23 pm  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
XBL: MdX MaxX
Oh hey, the Lodge exists.

I'm terrible with words of consolation (well, words in general) but yeah, I'm really sorry about everything that's been going on.

I love your attitude, though. It takes immense mental strength to look back on all of this and see it as a learning experience and something that can teach others.

I'll keep you in my thoughts, especially since you're someone who seems to evoke the essence of this community and what makes it so great. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Thanks everyone :china

It was the ashes scattering the other day, always a last chance to say the goodbye you didnt get to do earlier. Doesnt mean the same as saying it to him but you take what you can get.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:31 am  Post subject: Re: Introductions and goodbyes  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
That made me cry. :( I feel very sorry for you Yeti. I feel what you have been through, losing your beloved family member's.
I don't to say this out loud cause it's sad so i want you to scroll inside the comma's.
,A boy I know from my street come's to the park everyday. He crys and gets aggressive sometimes. He said that his father had lung cancer from a Heavy dose of cigarette's. His family had a massive breakdown from this. Everyday he got more aggressive and started going mental. He was in fights. One day, he came to the park crying so much. He said that his father died from lung cancer at 32. The day after his dad died, he said to everyone that he was thinking of suicide and going away. I didn't see him after that. I dunno where or how he is? ,

Sorry about my English, I'm am diagnosed with Autism and that is a major concern to my family too.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 20 posts ]