Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:09 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:30 pm  Post subject: The Guitar Thread  
I thought it might be cool if everyone who plays guitar had a place to discuss such things like what songs their playin, their favourite guitars, tips for maintenance etc.

To start off I have a Maverick F-1 Ultraviolet Limited Edition and I am currently learnin Cemetery Gates by Pantera and Skin 'O My Teeth by Megadeth :rock

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:54 pm  Post subject:   
I recently took up the bass guitar (for concert band, yeah kind of weird), I'm getting jaw surgery and I can't play a wind instrument for about 10+ weeks, which is half of my band term. So far it's was really easy to learn the fret board, but a bitch to play in the bass clef.

When I'm not playing band music. I tend to jam with a drummer, with some minor-pentatonic basslines with some funk rhythms. The bass I use is a piece of crap (a squire?) the school owns, but it does get the job done. Generally I know nothing about Guitars, but alot about music, so I figure I'm going to reinvent.

As far as songs when I'm jamming, sometimes I segue into some basslines, I try to learn some Jamiroquai, Death From Above 1979 songs are easy and fun, sometimes it's fun to throw out a Beck bassline, "Cellphone's Dead" (from his new album) is so simple, but so damn effective.

Anyway, that's that. My love affair with the bass may continue well after my mouth heals.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:10 pm  Post subject:   
what a coincidence...im havin jaw surgery too...sucks doesnt it

but yeah...im learnin cemetery gates because dimebag is GOD!! its got a beautiful use of pinched harmonics and some solid rhythm...im not botherin with the solo yet though since im still tryin to get through marty friedman's solo in skin 'o my teeth...it's totally f***in crazy!!

im currently pullin a band together but due to our drummer breaking his collar bone snowboarding we cant jam for a while...we have so many different influences its unreal, so hopefully we'll create somethin cool.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:57 pm  Post subject:   
I play

*coughs and shys away*

Acoustic and Classical :heh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:34 pm  Post subject:   
Sajjetta wrote:
I play

*coughs and shys away*

Acoustic and Classical :heh

some of the best songs are acoustic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:46 am  Post subject:   
Almost all of the songs i can play well, are acoustic, but iv started learning Electric ones now i have an electric to play them on.
I'm past that stage where chord changes prove difficult, and now can more or less learn all the songs i want. Im Currently trying out the proper version of Dani California, Some of Fruciante's mini riff's here and there are a bugger to play!

Edit, i just learnt the solo from Smells like teen spirit =] Any one know how i can get that wah/reverb/distortion sound like Curt Does? Im using a behringer vtone gmx 110 if that helps. :cheers

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]