Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:34 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:26 pm  Post subject: The Rival  
PSN: Emskinen
OK, So I get bored easily, and like writing a tad too much. this has actually been sitting for a while in a Word document...
It's continous though.

It's my take on Tricky, with my Alter Ego (not written from their POV)

Enjoy :)

NOTE: Before you go any further, this chapter is set in Glasgow, UK, and has a Glasgow character in it. So I've used Scots slang in keeping. So if you don't know what something means just ask=]

One

It was mid-november, and I was in Glasgow City Centre the day before we flew out for the tournament to meet the last newcomer. I had her stats with me. This is how they read:

RIDER DNA

Name: Anna McKinley
Age - 17
Vertical - 5'6"
Mass - 140 lbs
Nationality - British
AKA - Nana One
Stance - Goofy
Blood Type - A Pos

RIDER FAVES

Thing in the World - Music
Thing to Hate - Soft Rave
Place to Ride - Campsie Glens (When it's snowing of course)
Riding Partner - Dunno yet.
Riding Victim - Dunno yet
Other Sport - Rollerblading
Trick - Double flips
SSX Event - Slopestyle
Secret Spot - The Skate Park
Food - Cheese...or Chicken Sweetcorn Soup
Accessory - Dragon Necklace
Career Highlight - Completing my first Uber Trick

RIDER QnA

Boxers or Briefs - G-String. But breifs outta those two
Things You Have Broken - Both my arms countless times
If You Weren't A Pro - Art Student
The Word - "Toppa The League"

Rahz - Who had discovered her - told me her dream was to get into the SSX and prove she was the best. Better than me. Never going to happen, I was quietly conifdent about that.

I was meant to meet her in the skate park just outside the City Centre. But I had no idea where it was.

I got lucky when I saw a group of kids with skateboards, BMX bikes and rollerblades walking on the other side of the road. I would catch them quickly enough if I unchained the bike fast enough. Which I did and poceeded to cycle up the street after them

When I eventaully caught them at the train station I asked them where Skate Park was.
"Aye, man. We're on our way up there the now, if you wanna come with us?" One of the boys replied.
"Cheers, mate, that'd be good."

I explained to them I as looking for someone in particular at the park, but the name Anna didn't ring a bell. That wasn't worrying, I was told it was a big place. But I gave them the nickname
"NanaOne?" I asked
"Nah man. I know someone who's nickname is Nana, but not Nana One." The oldest replied.

It wasn't worrying me though. The park itself was huge, but the skatepark was tiny in comparison. It had a few good ramps, a bowl and several rails, but nothing amazing. the halfpipee looked like something that a bunch of little kids had put together with Play Dough, only with better chance of not falling apart than Play Dough.
"OK, dude, lets see whatcha got." One of the boys commanded. Eager as per to show off my skill, I hopped onto the bike.
"GUYS! WE'VE GOT A NEW KID, CLEAR THE RAMPS!" The youngest screamed, then placed a han on my handlebars and told me that I couldn't move until they'd all cleared off the place. "Actually, NANA! Where's that skateboard of yours?"
A girl looked up. "You're kidding? I've to give the NEW KID my skateboard?" She remarked
"Yes. He looks like a boarder."

Was he on the money there. Nana walked over to me, and handed over the board.
"Lets see your skating tricks then. I know what you're like on the snow, Moby Jones." She whispered. I looked at her. she was an SSX fan.

I didn't reply, I just got going. it was just a harder version of snowboarding. I knew what I was doing at least. I did what I would do on a Slopestyle course. I picked up enough speed to show off my signature Uber, which we'd all had to come up with over the summer. I was paranoid about it admittedly, as I'd never pulled it off publicly. But I did an landed perfectly.

Evenutally I had to stop though. I went up the half pip and over it, handing the board back to Nana with a grin on my face.
"It's not any wonder you're an SSX champ if I'm completely honest. Why are you here?" She enquired.
"I'm looking for the Glasgow newcomer for the new season." I replied.
"You've found her. I'm Anna McKinely."
"Well, I need you to come with me to Central Station."
"Alright. Bring your bike with you, and I'll blade it with you down there."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:29 pm  Post subject:   
Nice one scotskid. Can't wait to read more. :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:14 pm  Post subject:   
OKi, more. and I hope you know I'm sacrificing precious sleep in writing this.

Two

Two hours later, there was fourteen of us crowded at the bottom of a slope. As well as Rahzell and the SSX Founders.
"OK, what we're going to do is do paired racing. But it won't be a vet against vet, new against new. We are deliberately going to muddle you up as vet against new." Razhell explained. I dunked his hand into a plastic box marked "Newbie"
"Ok, Anna. to the top of the hill please." One of the founders said in a soft voice. The redheaded girl stood up and trudged up the hill, preferring to walk up than make the attempted walk to the Rope lift. We watched her walk, and it would not be until she had got to the top and set herself up that the vet would be picked.

I guess it was fair. To see how the new kids would fare if directly opposed by a vet.

Five minutes later, she gave the founder at the bottom of the hill the thumbs up, to signal that the second name should be picked.

OK, we're gonna ask....Psymon to pick out the vet's name." Rahzell said, looking right at the new boy. He stood up. He wasn't the kind of guy you would forget by looks instantly. He shoved his hand into the other box and pulled out three pieces of paper. the founder laughed and prised two bits from his hand.

"Who is she racing?" the founder asked.

"She's racing Elise." He said, manic laughter escaping his pierced lips. That laugh was scary.

"Oh, great. I get to race Fashion rejects are us." Elise whispered, just loud enough for Zoe to hear.

"Elise, shut the hell up! Just coz you're a failed model does not mean you get to take the piss out of everyone else. Kapishe?" She snapped.

"NO fighting you two. Elise, get to the top of the hill." the founder ordered.

Elise grunted something incomprehensible and got up, making her way slowly to the rope lift.

When she got to the top, she took her place next to Anna, and said something. Anna smiled politely and said nothing that we knew of.

The hill itself was tiny, about 100 metres high with no banks or jumps. Well, that's a lie. There was a jump, but it was incredibly small. It was clearly made of fake grass painted white. I was not amused, but I looked forward to running down it myself. But more importantly the race that was about to happen.

"GO!" The founder at the top yelled, and the two girls pushed off. Anna had undone her hair band, and all you could see that could make her out was a fiery red streak, which became a weird version of an incomplete cylinder as she crossed her hands over her chest and pulled off a perfect 1080. How she could do that in such a small jump was beyond me. But then again, the spin carried her right over the bottom, giving Elise a complete wipe-out of a loss. (Author's Note: edited yhe last word. Thanks to Sajj for pointing it out for me)

When Eilse eventually reached the bottom, she was not happy. "That's unfair! She knows this place!" She screamed, fixing her blonde locks, which had come out of place far beyond what she would call "acceptable". But then again, Elise's standards of acceptable were so high she herself struggled to keep them.

"Actually, that's a lie, dear. My normal boarding club of choice is on the other side of Glasgow. So no, I don't know this slope."

"OWNED!" Mac shouted, laughing at Elsie's expense, as we all did. Even the founder and Rahzell were laughing. Elise herself was not amused, and she made that quite clear. However she did make a positive comment about her.

"I will give Anna her credit though. She will give us all a run for her money. You included, Moby."

Everyone seemed to think a 17-year-old kid from Scotland was going to beat me.

Later that night, in the hotel, Rahz came through to talk to me.
"Hey man. Listen, she will give you the run." He whispered. then I snapped.

"WHY THE FUCK does everyone think this seventeen year old from GLASGOW is going to beat me this year?" I screamed.

"You were fifteen when you first won SSX. Before you, Jurgen was the best. He said the same thing when I told him that you were going to give him a run for his money. He called us liars and would not give in to the fact that a kid could beat him."
"Jurgen should have retired long before I showed up though." I snapped.

"No. He shouldn't have. Jurgen retired at 35. The average of retirement in extreme sports is 40 if they are not injured badly enough. Jurgen retired because his family comes first."
"I still don't see why you're all saying this."
"You never read the whole Profile Card, did you?"
I admitted I hadn't. I delved into my bag and pulled it out. the bottom read:

She doesn't have a "talent" so to speak of, just a love of extreme sports. Or so she claims. Snowboarding since she could walk and other various extreme sports from the age of six, Anna is the queen of her local Skate Park, with a determination unlike no other.

In her own words: "I am not talented, I train non stop to be the best that I can be ad to get where I want. I will be s success at what I love. I win everything tin which I train for. and I will beat Moby Jones. No matter what it takes. even if it is just in once race."

Philosophy on life: "When the student surpasses the master,the student is, without a doubt, the best."

I sighed, looked up at the DJ and grinned.
"Looks like I've got a competition this year." I said gleefully.
"Indeed you do, man. Good luck with it. We fly out early by the way. get some sleep. I'll be at your door at 5am sharp."
"Right-o. I'll see you in the morning."

Rahzell closed the door. The rivalry was definitely on.

Last edited by scotskid on Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:25 am  Post subject:   
Good stuff scotskid, posting this at 2:14 is way too early in the morning to be writing though. ;P

Quote:
GO!" The founder at the top yelled, and the two girls pushed off. Anna had undone her hair band, and all you could see that could make her out was a fiery red streak, which became a weird version of an incomplete cylinder as she crossed her hands over her chest and pulled off a perfect 1080. How she could do that in such a small jump was beyond me. But then again, the spin carried her right over the bottom, giving Elise a complete wipe-out of a win.

Just one thing I want to ask about though, the end of this parragraph seems to make sound like elise won the race. Did you mean to say Anna instead of Elise?

(Sorry to poke holes)

Appart from that its all good.
:)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:54 am  Post subject:   
Sajjetta wrote:
Good stuff scotskid, posting this at 2:14 is way too early in the morning to be writing though. ;P

Quote:
GO!" The founder at the top yelled, and the two girls pushed off. Anna had undone her hair band, and all you could see that could make her out was a fiery red streak, which became a weird version of an incomplete cylinder as she crossed her hands over her chest and pulled off a perfect 1080. How she could do that in such a small jump was beyond me. But then again, the spin carried her right over the bottom, giving Elise a complete wipe-out of a win.

Just one thing I want to ask about though, the end of this parragraph seems to make sound like elise won the race. Did you mean to say Anna instead of Elise?

(Sorry to poke holes)

Appart from that its all good.
:)
Don;t worry about pointing out the holes.

My problem is though I'll start writing at about 6pm (after I;ve had food and done a bit of college homework) but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to writing, so I'll be at it for hours. I actually rewrote the chapter four or five times because it didn't look good enough to me...God, I sound likke what I'm making Elisee out to be, only with writing and not hair XD
But yeah, the next one should be up either tonight or tomorrow night

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:47 pm  Post subject:   
Cool, don't stay up too late :dead :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:10 pm  Post subject:   
OK, next bit. And there might a be wee twist aroon the corner (sorry, couldn't help but a bit of my native tongue in there, it's actually there bit be a small twist around the corner)
Sajj, an hour ealier this time :cheers

three

I wasn't gonna be cold-hearted about a rivarly, as long as the person who I considered a threat wasn't cold-hearts and evil towards me. As much as I never made that out, I'm quite placid, but quick to anger.

I changed into a pair of long shorts and an old t-shirt and slipped under the covers. We would have a week of training at one of the new courses, then the season would begin. I was looking forward to it hugely. Not because I had a run for my money, but because one of the new tracks looked amazing, and so did the new layout of Pipedream, which sounded weird, coming from me, as I prefer races to trick offs. I was unhappy that this might be the last year we'd be in the Ice Jam though, I really liked that venue.

Next thing I knew there was a loud thumping on the door, and a fell out the bed, scrambled to my feet and bolted towards the door, thnking something had happened. Then I looked at the clock. 5am. Damnit. I thought something was wrong and yet Rahzell had told me he would be getting me up at that point. The thumping continued.
"MOBY! Are you up yet?" Zoe was shouting.
"Yes! I am up already. Get yer backside downstairs and tell the founders I'll be there in five minutes." I told her once I got the door opened.
"Five minutes is not quick enough. You were meant to be downstairs ten minutes ago. the coach is here."
"Rahz told me we were to be up at five!"
"Come on, you know what he's like. Throw on some clothes over your nightwear and lets go. You can get changed in the Airport. And give me the case, I'll make a headstart with it."
I sighed. She always knew exactly what was going on, and how to get around a problem the quickest way, even if it was uncomfortable.

After bolting down the stairs again, it was pretty clear how impatient everyone was getting.
"Thank God we get a private plane, Moby." Was Mac's remark. I threw him a look but said nothing, it was 5am and none of us were awake enough to fight.
"Will we get to sleep on the plane?" Seeiah, one of the new girls, asked.
"Yes. We are not dragging you out of your beds at this time in the morning and not letting you sleep. As the plane is private, there will be beds on baord. However, there are more contenders this year. And we, the organizers, as the idiots that we are-"
Zoe cut him off "You forgot to get extra bedding, so some of us will have to share a bed."
"Yeah, unfortunately for you."
"Well bloody done." Elise snapped. "Well, I hate to tell you, but I am not sharing with anyone. Especially not that ginger Fashion reject or Gothboy." I swear, it was a wonder that girl was still here, she never had a good thing to say about anyone.

For that comment, no one spoke to her the drive to Glasgow International, or sat beside her for that fact. No one had anything to say to her, just about her. Even timid Kaori, who always had something good to say about people spat something cruel in her direction. Something about if she didn't wanna share a bed with someone for a couple hours sleep, she wouldn't have to share a seat.

Elise sat alone, as did Psymon, who had exclaimed he was not a people person. He sat with a Gameboy and an MP3 player, happy as Larry. Mac and his cousin, Marty, sat together talking about Marty's hip hop club and how hard the SSX Circuit was. Kaori and Brodi sat together, deep in discussion about Kaori's native country, and home of two of our courses. Eddie, Luther and JP were in a group, talking about something which I probably did not want to know about. I sat with Zoe and Anna, talking random crap and getting to know Anna better.

"According to Rahz you do a lot of extreme sports." Zoe enquired.

"Erm, aye. That's true. I skate, blade, surf, windsurf, ski, BMX, skateboard, sled and bobsleigh. I'm also a gymnast, a dancer, a singer and a bassist."

I was stunned. "It's a wonder you have time for anything."

"Aye. I make the time though. Well, I did. Since I got the invite to the tournament, snowboarding was the only thing I've made time for. It's also y first love. I've been doing this since I was two."

That's how the conversation went the whole journey to the airport, we got to know our Glaswegian then, although trust Zoe to ask if Scottish men wear kilts, which was answered by Anna asking if she had seen any as yet.

On the plane, Zoe made a successful attempt at talking to Psymon. Everyone except Elise and Marty paired up and shared a bed. I wound up sharing with Anna.

She sat in the bed, with just her torso and head visible above the cover. Everyone else was asleep by this point.
"Moby, is fear a good thing?" she asked me.
"It can be, yes. Why do you ask?" I was stunned. She'd seemed so calm in the last 12 hours I thought she was fearless.
"Because, even though I don't act it, I'm actually terrified. I'm so used to competition that I thought that this would be just another one. But I'm starting to see that only the best come here. And I know I'm one of them if I'm sitting here now, but I've always been scared of losing, which is why I always push myself so hard."
"Aw, don't be. Listen, as long as you keep that attitude you've had up, you'll do just fine. If you act like a scared puppy, no one will respect you and you'd be as well to quit."
"Does that mean you have no respect for me because you know?"
"No."

I really felt sorry for her. She had so much to hide from all of us. She started crying quietly, and I had to give her a hug.
She slid right under the covers an hour later, after she'd told me a few silly stories from when she was a kid and some snowboarding antic that she and an ex boyfriend did once. I called him many profanities for his idiocy, but she told me he had no coordination and no balance, so it didn't help anything.

She fell asleep before I did. And I just lay awake, staring at the roof, wondering what our first track, Garibaldi, looked like.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:12 am  Post subject:   
Nice scots but staying up untill 1:10 AM ??? :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot
MAN :heh
but nice work scots :thumbsup

Last updated: 2015/01/25 13:38

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:48 am  Post subject:   
Bennieboj wrote:
Nice scots but staying up untill 1:10 AM ??? :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot
Erm....aye?

OK, Imma go get home, do college work and get writing...so that I won't be up as late (in theory anyway)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:25 pm  Post subject:   
Four

Everyone was awake again by 2pm. Except Brodi, Anna and Psymon.
"Guys, get some food and do whatever. We have another four hours to go before we land so make the most of it." one of the founders tried not shout as not to wake the others.
"What about the other three?" Eddie asked, pulling on a pair of proper 70's style flared trousers, which caused me too snigger slightly.
"Let them sleep. Rahzell will look after them."

I walked with Kaori to one of the full length windows. The view was breath taking. And we were flying over Canada at that point.
"Moby, it is much beautiful." She breathed, looking a bit excited.
"It sure is." I replied.

We stood there for five minutes before she skipped off to go and join Mac and his cousin for Snakes N Ladders. I thought that weird, they were all over 13, and board games weren't really played anymore anyway. Ah well, if they were happy with that, then fair enough. I stood there for a little while longer, justthhinking, before Zoe wandered up.

"The other three are up. Just thought you should know, and they're all getting food at this moment in time." She told me. She looked up at my face, and her expression changed to concern.
"I'm not sure. This season is going to be weird." I replied.
"How?"
"I dunno. At all. It's just dead unpredictable. Well, it feels like that anyway. I dunno, dudette. I'm not used to having competition either. I've always been the runaway with the points. And now it looks like I'm gonna have to get my blade on to get it this year."
"You're scared of failing, aren't you? Have finally cracked your shell?"
"I am a bit. I mean, I know it's not the end of the world. But I've only disappointed myself once. That was the year I tried to get into the SSX and failed. I told myslef 'It doesn't matter. You always get where you want. Keep going. You'll get it next year.' and I did." I smiled.
"You're not telling me the full story, Moby Jones."
"You're right. I'm not. Are you satisifed?"
Zoe laughed, and studied my expression for a minute. Then she spoke again. "So, who is she?"
I stared at her, stunned. "What the hell?" I exclaimed.
"Oh, come on Moby. It's obvious. Who is she?"
"She's no one. And no, she isn't you." I walked away to go and try and get a conversation with Psymon.

I wasn't ready to admit anything. Everyone would think it lust, and I knew she wouldn't feel the same. I knew what Zoe would say, I didn't even have to think about it. She'd tell me I was being stupid, did I honestly think it would happen, she was a bit on the young side and it would be better not to get involved with her for the sake of everyone.

As per, I knew she'd be right. But what was it she said to Hiro when he liked Kaori. Follow your heart? Yeah, that was it. Ah well.

The plance finally touched down and we poured out, grabbig our suitcases and hauling them to the meeting point.
"Duck!" Came Marisol's Hispanic yell, aimed at myself and Zoe. She moved, but I get walloped on the back of the head with snowball by Mac.
"Oi! Ya bam!" I shouted, grabbed a pile of snow and chucked it at him. Missed and hit Marty.

Full on snowball fight? I think so. Laughing Rahzell? I think so. Unamused founders? Definitely.
"So much for mature." One scolded.
"Aw, come on." Eddie complained. "We've been on that plane since 7am. what do you expect?"
"I expect slightly more mature behaviour. Save your childish antics for the cabins." The other said. I turned around, looked at Kaori and rolled my eyes. She stifled a giggle.

"OK, we cannot be assed delivering the speech to you. So we computerised it!" Rahzell annoucned once we were inside the mess hall. The founders had gomee off somewhere, chanes were we wouldnt see them again till we had to leave Garibaldi. Rahz turned on the computer, loaded the presentaion and turned on the projector.

Slide One:
[center]Hello Boaders. A warm welcome to the SSX Circuit to our newest contednters, and welcome back to our old-timers.
This year, once again, Rahzell will be your commentator.
There are more tracks this year. Here they are in order:
Garibaldi (where you are recieving this presentation)
Snowdream
Elysium Alps
Merqury City Meltdown
Mesablanca
Tokyo Megaplex
Aloha Ice Jam
Pipedream
And Untracked.

This season, Aloha Ice Jam is to be used in showoff competition, unlike last season. Pipedream is now there for when we decide we want to be awkwardand have a random trick off. Untracked remains available at request only.
[/center]

Slide two:
[center]this year, we have seven rules. As follow.
1. No fighting. We do not mind rivalry, or pushing whilst racing, but hand-to-hand combat or any other form of violence will be resolved by immediate DQ of BOTH contenders.
2. Should you take become unfit for a race or showoff event, you are to be sent home. Illness included.
3. You MUST be off the tracks by 9pm. You must have the lights in your cabin out by 11pm.
4. You are not allowed to decorate your cabin or hotel room. This is classed as graffiti by the companies whom we hire from and the SSX company are the ones responsible for paying the fees. You will be disqualified from the event you are next to compete in if you are caught.
5. You may wander into the town or city during practice time. however you must travel in parties and have an agreed agenda. You must also be back onsite for 7pm.
6. Practical jokes are permitted, within reason.
7. Most iportantly, have fun.
Best of luck with all your campaigns, we will be studying your every move.
[/center]

"That's it guys. Here are you cabin keys. Take one, get unpacked and do whatever you like until 9. Have fun!"[/b]

Last edited by scotskid on Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:30 pm  Post subject:   
Bennieboj wrote:
Hahanot quite. It was midnight here when I posted that

OMFG I just realised I posted that chapter AT A REASONABLE HOUR=D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:33 pm  Post subject:   
:jawdrop 9:25 are you feeling ok?? ;P

Still good stuff scotskid, keep it coming.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:59 pm  Post subject:   
Sajjetta wrote:
:jawdrop 9:25 are you feeling ok?? ;P

Still good stuff scotskid, keep it coming.
Oi ya wee cheeky bam
do NOT make me talk like a chav ta.

Ye might have another one before 3am as I won't be online on Friday night. Well, I will,, I'll just be too tired as I;ve got a late shift in work

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:44 pm  Post subject:   
Woopa! Bedtime *checks time* 01.40am GMT XD there ye go Sajj, you're getting the late-night one as per usual afterall!

Five

7.30. Top of Garibaldi. Race.

That was in two and a half hours. Which gave me time to get food and unpacked. Also gave Zoe more time to interrogate me.
The door was knocked on at that moment.
"Yeah, it's open Zoe!" I yelled.
"Where are you?" She shouted back
"The bedroom, sorting out stuff."

She threw me a look that quite plainly said What The Hell. "Dude, no one's unpacking."
"No, I'm not, doll. I'm digging out my hat and goggles."
"Why?"
"Going for a look at the course later."
"Let me come with?"
"Nah. I wanna go on me own."

"FOOD TIME!" Psymon shouted. We laughed and headed out.

I was right. Zoe pestered me the whole time to tell me who this girl was.
"I'm not telling you here." I snapped eventually. Pretty damned loudly. Anna looked up from her book.
"Och, gonnae no' shout like that Moby! Fer Christ's Sake...calm doon an eat yer dinner." She told me, the way a mother would tell off a child.
"Yes, mummy." I replied, playing along and pulling a face.
"An if yer gonna play that joke then it's no' mummy, it's Ma or Maw. Kay?"
I laughed and nodded, and returned to my food.

Back in the cabin, I was giving my practice bard a quick wax before heading up when she asked again.
"Alright. Fine. I'll tell you. As long as you promise to keep your mouth shut."
"Lovely of you to think your best friend would do that to you!" Her face was just amusing to be honest. "So who is she?"
I was glad I told her. Partly because she's my best friend, and I felt like I had to tell someone.

She reacted differently to how I thought. She was a lot more optimistic about it that I had anticipated.

"Go for it. Tell her. Actually, take her up to the summit."
"Nah, I'm not gonna tell her just now."

At 7.20, I got in the trolley to go up to Garibaldi summit. I had a look out the window, and could see bits of the course. It looked OK, but was probably one of those course were looking was better than riding.

The starting point was flat, with a few hundred seats. There were the customary six starting blocks, the seats and the blocks separated by a yellow fence, and as I looked around, I saw a cliff. I didn't walk over, but I guessed it was about 400 feet.

It was half past seven dead. I had another look around, to see who had sent me the note.

All you could see was long fire coloured hair flowing in the breeze. the closer I walked the more I could make out of her, for it was female.
"Eventually man!" A voice shouts. It's a thick Glasgow accent. I sigh. It's only Anna. "Are we going?"
"Yeah. Have you got your board strapped to your feet?"
"Dude, I've been sitting here for the last fifteen minutes. Course it's strapped to me."

It was a tight race, and it was only practice. It was so weird having competition. I know I've said that many times but it's true.
The scary thing was, she beat me. Not by hellish much distance, but she did. She brought the board to a standstill and flopped onto her back, grinning manically.

"Oh My GOD!" She yelled in delight, then mouthed something. I had to smile.
"Wow, been beat and the Races haven't even begun!" I scoffed. She looked up at me, pure happiness un her eyes.
"Haha, I told you. Lie next to me?"

For the sake of being a nice guy, I did. I fell backwards so that head was resting in the crook of my neck. We were quiet for a while. I was thinking, and Leigh was watching the stars, occasionally she broke the silence by a small giggle.

I don't even know what I was thinking about if I'm honest. I guess I knew how Jurgen felt the first time I ever beat him. he was in the same position as me back then. It felt pretty bad that I had been beaten by a new kid on the first run. then I remembered something. What Jurgen had said to me that day.
"Anna?" I asked, sitting up again.
"Aye?"
"Well done. Best boarder won."
I waited a minute for a reply before she saud "Moby, I'm cold. Could I get your extra jacket? And thanks for that comment." She forced a smile. I got her sitting up again and wrapped my jacket round her shoulders. "Thanks. I don't get it. Everyone makes you out to be hardman, yet in pesron you couln't be any different."
"Aw, cheers, love." I looked at the time. We had another hour before he had to be back.

Anna shook the snow out of her hair and tied it back. Then she started shivering.
"Thank God I come prepared." I muttered, grabbing a flask from the bag.
"H-how the hell did that not break?" Anna asked.
"Fuck knows." I poured out some and handed it to her. "Here. Drink it. It's only chicken soup."
She was still a bit cold, so Ipulled her closer to me to pass on some body heat.

Five minutes or so, I heard trudging through the snow. "Who or what the hell?" Anna apoke first, echoing my thoughts

"Anna, Moby has something he needs to tell you." It was a soft American accent. Zoe.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:07 am  Post subject:   
And it ends on a cliffhanger.

I cant beleive how much you write in so little time. I've spent the pat few days writing half a chapter where as you have done a whole three chapters.
I need to get writing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:49 am  Post subject:   
Sajjetta wrote:
I cant beleive how much you write in so little time. I've spent the pat few days writing half a chapter where as you have done a whole three chapters.
I need to get writing.

:heh
You wanna see my college notebook then....screw notes on animation enough said XD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:14 pm  Post subject:   
Guess who'd ack with another chapter? At 0.11 (as the clock reas as I type)

Six

I threw Zoe a dirty look. "Walk on, Zoe. I'll meet you in front of my cabin." I told her. She nodded and walked away, but not before mouthing "Good luck"

She evidently knew something I didn't.
Anna looked at me. "What does she mean?" She asked, her voice carrying the accent of a three-year-old.
I didn't know how to put it. I started playing with one my piercings. "Spit it out Moby." Clearly getting impatient with me. I still couldn't.
"If you wanna know that badly, do you want to go somewhere more private?"
She laughed and told me I just wanted out of the cold. Not exactly a lie if I agreed.

We took the ten minute walk back in complete silence. Luckily, the closer cabin of the two was Anna's, which was also next to the shed where we stored the snowboards were kept.

I looked over at Anna just as I was putting my board away and saw her clutching a photograph. I wandered over and looked over her shoulder. there were five peoople in the picture, three boys and two girls. At the front was Anna.

"That's my band. We're called Armasti." She told me. "We're a covers band, and we do most music that isn't all produced from scratch on a computer."
"A rock/pop cover band basically?" I asked, slightly confused at the idea.

"Yeah, pretty much." She told e who was who and what they did in the band. She told me she was a singer.

"Sing something?" I asked her.
"What?" Was the reply, slightly shocked.
"Your favourite song just now."
She smiled. "Alright. But I'm singing the whole song, and it can wait till we get to the cabin."

In the cabin, she took a CD out of her shoulder bag and bunged it in the stereo. "Karaoke version." She assured me.

The first time, she let the song play past the timing to prove a point. The song was familiar...

"Your cruel device,
You blood, like ice.
One look could kill.
My pain, your thrill.

I wanna love you
But I better not touch (Don't touch)
I wanna hold you
But my senses tell me to stop
I wanna kiss you
But I want it too much (too much)
I wanna taste you
But your lips are venomous poison.
You're poison running through my veins
You're poison
I don't wanna break these chains.

Your mouth, so hot.
Your web, I'm caught.
Your skin, so wet.
Black lace, on sweat.

I hear you calling
And it's needles and pins
(and pins)
I wanna hurt you
Just to hear you screaming my name.
Don't wanna touch you
But you're under my skin (deep in)
I wanna kiss you
You're poison.
Poison.

One look, could kill
My pain, your thrill.

I wanna love you
I wanna hold you
I wanna kiss you
I wanna taste you
You're poison
Poison

I wanna love you
I wanna hold you
I wanna kiss you
I wanna taste you
You're poison running through my viens
You're poison

Yeah, well I don't wanna break these chains.
Poison, running deep inside my veins
Burning deep inside my veins.
Poison, I don't wanna break these chains.

"If that's your favourite song right now, I worry about you." I mused.
"What would you rather, Alice Cooper or Slayer?" She pointed out, using Psymon's favourite band as an example or something heavier.
"Bob Marley" I grinned.
"You're for it, wee man." She cackled, before launching herself over the table and rugby tackling me. Which was quite funny admittedly.

We had a play fight on the floor before I stood up and dragged her to her feet. She brushed her hair with her fingers before I took her wrists.
"What the hell?" She cried.
"You wanted to know what Zoe was on about?"
"Aye."
"Well, someone in here likes you." I whispered.
"How do you know?" She asked, complete confusion on her face. But then she went red. "I like someone on the competition, too." She admitted.
"Oh, who?"
She grinned and went pink.
"That, dear, is the whole point of secret." She laughed. "You better get moving anyway. You need to meet Zoe then get to yer bed before the founders catch ye."'
I nodded. She saw me out.
Luckily, Zoe wasn't there when I reached the cabin, so I was able to slip in and call myself many profanities for being such an idiot before falling asleep.
"Don't worry, Mob. Tomorrow's the first races." I smiled at that thought. I'd beat her tomorrow if we were in the same heat.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:07 pm  Post subject:   
OK, so the plan tonight is that I get my drawong of Anna up (I told Sajj about it earlier) and get two chapters up.

Well, I got Anna done finally

*buggers off and gets writing*

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:58 pm  Post subject:   
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Top stuff Scotskid and a good choice in Alice Cooper :thumbsup

cool character drawing as well :rock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:05 pm  Post subject:   
Yeti wrote:
Top stuff Scotskid and a good choice in Alice Cooper :thumbsup

cool character drawing as well :rock

Is that not what tend to happen when you've heard it every day as far you're aware though?XD
Ta much=] *goes back to writing*

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:05 pm  Post subject:   
OK, 2am. No WAY am i getting a second chapter up. i have college til 4pm then work till fuck knows when :dead
I've got one of two at least=]

Seven
I trudged into the Mess Hall at 6.10am, absolutely knackered.
I found an empty table with Zoe and Kaori, both of them had a full plate and a half-full plate each and showed no signs of slowing down.
"Get some food for God's sake Moby!" Zoe scolded. "Big day ahead."
I put my jacket over the seat and walked over to the counter, lined with food that would be considered traditional to where everyone came from. I lifted a few pieces of tuna sushi and a bacon butty (AN: British was of saying Roll and Bacon) and pondered over taking potato scones, giving me a very weird thought about how much a weird mix of Japan/Britain my plate already was.
"What the hell! Mince and Tatties in the morning?" A glasgow accent shouted behind me.
"Eh?" I couldn't help asking.
"Which bit?" Anna asked, curious.
"Just why are you shouting that?"
"Because it's a teatime meal mostly." she explained. She took some anyway.
"By the way," one of the kitchen staff caught her "We could have made that a lot worse and put out Haggis."
"Ewwwww, and put everyone of their food while your at it!" Was Anna's retort, then walked away from the counter.
"Keep talking to them like that, they won't feed you."

She shrugged and walked over to the table she was sitting at with Mac and Marty, deep in discussion about music. I at at the table with Zoe and Kaori, next to the three boarders, pretending not to eavesdrop on the conversation.
"Well, I sang it last night. And I plan on making part of it true." Anna told them.
"Why?" Mac asked.
"Because I wanna hear it. Badly. I've liked him for ages."
"You knew him then?" Marty enquired.
"No, watching the circuit on the TV. My mum thought I was weird for it. Hard to believe I was 13 at the time."
"Ha, that's a long time to have a crush You're 17 now." Mac laughed.
"You're telling me." She sighed. "I wish I could tell him."
"It would be too soon. You have known him for very small amount of time."
"Three days. But that's how long he's known me. I've known him for four years."
"Not personally." Mac pointed out. "But I would give it a bit of time, personally. But in this case, I would just tell him and get it over with."

Before anything else could be said, Rahzel called everyone's attention.
"Morning guys. OK, the deal for today is the heats begin at noon and finish...when they finish. Shouldn't be any later than four. After that, you may do whatever. Please remember these are racing events, not showoffs. If you are a Freestyle rider especially." He looked at JP, who probably still thought he was above the rules. "If you wish to practice before the event, you may do so, but please be off the track for 11am, as spectators will be allowed in then."

Everyone stood up to leave "OK, guys, You'll need to come and got the slip of paper telling you when your solitary run is. I've got them here. Then you are free to go."
He called us in alphabetical order according to our first name. Anna was called up first, and Zoe last.
"Anna! Board with me!" Kaori shouted. Obviously Anna was well liked.
"Ok, give me a sec." She shouted back and ran over to me. "Good luck today." She said calmly, putting her hand forward.
"You too." I replied quietly, shaking her outstretched hand. She smiled and ran off to join Kaori.
Zoe came up to me. "Right you. You never told her."
"I know I didn't. Doll, I've known her two days." I snapped.
"Calm down. Either tell her before she goes up for her run alone, or I do it for you."
"And how bad can you telling her be?"
"It could be very bad. Just do it Moby. She would be better hearing it from the lion's mouth than the lion's best friend."

Again, she was right.

I wanted to watch Anna and Kaori's full race, so Rahz let us into the booth where we could see everything. It was quite clear that Anna was going to win as they approached the last jump.
The two girls had changed into the clothes they were going to wear for the heats. As had everyone else, I noticed.
Marty turned to me "Why is Anna wearing a skirt?"
"I don't have a bloody clue, mate." I replied. "Give you a race down?"
"Sure. But Mac will race too,"
"Cool." I was really thinking 'bloddy brilliant.' I never liked Mac much

Everyone was off the track by half past ten, and back in their cabins, warming up. I walked to Anna's cabin to tell her what I needed to tell her. I knocked, but knew she wouldn't hear me, as she had music going. So I walked in. Silly girl had left the door open.
She had Run DMC blasting from the stereo and and was street dancing to it. 'Funny way of warming up, but fair enough.' I thought. I leant against the wall and watched. She was good. then she started rapping along
"It's tricky to rock a rhyme, to rock a rhyme that's right on time, it's tricky!" She rapped it damn good too.

She showed no sign of tiring, if anything she looked annoyed that she would have to change the song. She changed it, but never looked around again. the song now was a cheesy 90's pop song. She was singing along with it.

It was only when her dance involved a turn that she saw me. She grinned at me during the bit of music between vocals.
She finished her dance and left the stereo playing quietly.
"Today's gonna be good." She smiled.
"Glad you think so." I replied, my expression unchanging.
"What's up with you?" I asked, looking hurt that I had thrown her positive attitude back in her face.
"Nothing. I need to talk to you."

She sat down on the floor, leaning on her elbows. Nothing was said for a minute.
"Do you remember what I told you last night?" I asked her.
She looked at me and tilted her head to the side a bit. "Aye. Why you ask?"
"I assumed you would wanna know who this guy is."
"Course I do, but I'm not really bothered. It's probably more lust, it's only the third day."
I sighed. So that's what she thought it was. "I doubt it."
"It's you, isn't it?"
I sighed again, and didn't look at her. I wasn't aware she'd moved until I felt a bit more pressure on the sofa and a small hand on my shoulder.
"Is it that embarrassing you can't look at me?"
"No. I just don't wanna admit it."

She laughed. "Guys." she muttered. I turned around and she was rolling her eyes. She saw me looking.
"Truth is, the guy I like? He's you."

Before anything could be said or done, one of the founders cam on the tannoid and announced that all racers were to report to the meeting point.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:00 pm  Post subject:   
I'm here only to say that I'm just home from work and going back to bed as I have to be up in 7.5 hours for another shift>.>
There will be one up somepoint Sat afternoon/night

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:51 pm  Post subject:   
I like the pic you drew of Anna. Her hair was longer than I imagined.
Liked the new chapter as well.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:57 pm  Post subject:   
Sajjetta wrote:
I like the pic you drew of Anna. Her hair was longer than I imagined.
Liked the new chapter as well.
Yeah I wound up making the hair too long. Oopsie. Ah well.

I'm writing just now. Should be up in no less than an hour

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:15 pm  Post subject:   
I never said it was too long. Just longer than I imagined. :)

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 45 posts ]  1, 2