Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:18 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:57 am  Post subject: Re: Board Upgrade COMPLETE! RSS now available on Merq!  
PSN: J_smurph
Sorry for the double post, I created a new ID cuz i couldn't remember my other one.....but i'm good now!!! :woot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Chat changed (maybe upgraded). Mibbit chat now active!  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I have changed the forum chat over to the Mibbit.com IRC chat page set up by Whoozwah!

You can reach the new chat by going to chat.php . You can also click the links at the top of the board.

There are several warnings to keep in mind:

• There is no way to verify that someone is who they say they are, so keep that in mind. People can type in any username so they can mimic people from the board, including admins and mods.
  • The mods on the board are also not mods on the chat.
  • Although you can reach the chat room from the site, it is a public IRC chat room and other users not from this board may pop-in unnannounced.
  • You must register for an account on mibbit.com in order to PM other users as well.

A few other things to keep in mind:
  • There is no way to create a "Who Is Chatting Mod" for this sort of chat.
  • However, there will never be any 500 Connection errors with this sort of chat!

Thanks to whoozwah for setting the chat up. :cheers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:43 am  Post subject: Re: Chat changed (maybe upgraded). Mibbit chat now active!  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Loving the new Chat update. It's very rare there are more than 6 people in it but so pleased for the update :3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:28 am  Post subject: Re: Chat changed (maybe upgraded). Mibbit chat now active!  
Glad I could help with the site in some way! I know it isn't as feature rich as the old chat but it's faster and more stable :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Chat changed (maybe upgraded). Mibbit chat now active!  
PSN: CHROMANAUT_
thank god! about time!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:53 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Gallery updated! Faster and leaner!  
Yeti and I have spent the last two weeks upgrading the Fan Art Gallery to the new version. The old version of Gallery was very robust and had a lot of features - too many to be honest, as it was a huge memory hog on the site and led to a lot of those infamous "500 Server Errors".

Since we never used our Gallery for anything more than the most basic features, I've upgraded it to the newest version, which is much leaner than the old one, contains newer code and should use significantly less memory and allow the board and site to run much smoother. I've created a redirect command in our site that should redirect you to the equivalent piece of fan art or directory even if you click old links on the board. I'm quite pleased with and everything seems to be working very well.

Even better, I found all that art I accidently deleted a couple years ago accidently, and added them again to the fan art gallery. So it's completely back up to strength and all is well at Merq! :D

Thank Yeti for a lot of hard work on this, as he did a ton of work renaming stuff. :) [yeti] [yeti] [yeti]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:00 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Gallery updated! Faster and leaner!  
gallery doesn't work for me. says page not found. Prompts me to login. I give it my merq credentials and it doesn't work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:02 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Gallery updated! Faster and leaner!  
That's been fixed, it should work now. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:24 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Gallery updated! Faster and leaner!  
This is a warning to the collective chatters. I'm not addressing anyone in particular, but the group as a whole. Read and pay attention because I'm only mentioning this once.

This IRC chat is a luxury that I'm allowing on the board because it fulfills a desire from the community. However, it's already been shown that some people want to abuse the IRC chat due to it's lack of moderation to do things that I don't consider kosher.

Do NOT impersonate mods or admins on the IRC chat. I've already seen this a few times now, and if I see it again, I'm going to eliminate the chat altogether and make it an anathema on this board. Any mention of it will be deleted, anyone talking about it will be warned. I will delete the chat link, eliminate the chat page on the board and delete any mention of it. If I see people impersonating Yeti, vix, bakalhau or myself, I will cut off the IRC chat from the board and it will die a slow death. I am not going to tolerate any BS from the IRC chat dripping onto the board proper.

So don't do it. The IRC chat survives as long as everyone obeys the Honor System:

• Don't impersonate mods or admins
  • Treat others, especially newbies, with the same respect you treat them here. If I hear tales of our users abusing newbies in the chat, I'll consider that grounds for deletion of all chat mentions on the board proper.
  • Don't act like an ass. I'm trusting you all to act like you are the board when you are in the chat.

The IRC chat is an experiment, and it's outcome is still undecided. I'm expecting everyone to use the Honor System as mentioned above. When the honor disappears, so does the chat.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:36 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Gallery updated! Faster and leaner!  
XBL: Kaavyn
^Charmy :rolleyes :lol

Click to reveal hidden content: show
Just kidding. You know I was only playing around and meant nothing serious by it. Won't happen again.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:38 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Gallery updated! Faster and leaner!  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
I believe my usernames were restricted to BAZINGA, Sheldon, DweengMaster, and CharzzyDweef.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:39 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Gallery updated! Faster and leaner!  
I'm not punishing anyone. It's up to you all to keep the chat here, plain and simple. Last post on this subject.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:27 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Gallery updated! Faster and leaner!  
PSN: jonipooon
Gondee the new gallery is really smooth and fast, thanks alot. :) However I noticed that all sections for SSX (2012) needs to be updated. For example, in the Concept Art sections we see computermade models instead of sketches. These should be in the Misc section.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:40 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Gallery updated! Faster and leaner!  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
I'll have a look :cheers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:49 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Gallery updated! Faster and leaner!  
Oh? I can rearrange it, hand-drawn art goes in Concept Art, character renders go in Misc Art.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jump to:  

Information
Page 5 of 5 [ 115 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5