Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:36 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:10 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Funkydawg76 wrote:
Gondee, I have a few suggestions.

1) We should be able to load pictures for our avator and sig from our computer. That way, I don't have to use 250free or anything else.

Well, if you want to do that, all you have to do is talk to the Windows People and get them to change their operating system :lol I don't have any way of controlling that as it has nothing to do with the billboard.

Quote:
2) For our private messages, I want the little box that says "You have a private message" to pop up, but I don't want to get sent an e-mail that says I got a private message here. Whenever I use PM alot, it clutters my e-mail.

You can turn that feature off in your profile, it doesn't require a hack to fix.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 3:15 pm  Post subject:   
Okay, I did it. Sorry. Newb. :heh

Anyway, we should still be able to upload pics for sigs and avators from our computer without 250free or that stuff. What do you think gondee?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:44 pm  Post subject:   
Well it also would be nice if people didn't spam up our boards...

But you and I know that neither is going to happen... (jk Funky your da best)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:59 am  Post subject:   
Have you ever considered putting a little chatbox in the corner of the message board index? I don't mean a separate chatroom, just a little chatbox. That would lessen the spam, when you can chat instead of making a stupid topic. Hope SOMEBODY understands what the hell I am talking about ... :D Here is a site with an example (not mine, just found a chat like that). http://www.lumous.org/ -> the "shoutbox"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:57 am  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
Hey! Can we have the site in 3D??? I think that would be a really neat and spiffy hack. ;P :heh :heh :heh :heh That way I could use my 35 cent 3D glasses that I got out of a cereal box. :heh

LOL, gondee, with all the stuff you have done in the past and over the past couple weeks, I'd be hard pressed to find something here that is needed that hasn't already been addressed. Thank you. :china

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:50 pm  Post subject:   
Slashcat wrote:
Have you ever considered putting a little chatbox in the corner of the message board index? I don't mean a separate chatroom, just a little chatbox. That would lessen the spam, when you can chat instead of making a stupid topic. Hope SOMEBODY understands what the hell I am talking about ... :D Here is a site with an example (not mine, just found a chat like that). http://www.lumous.org/ -> the "shoutbox"

This is a REALLY good idea. I'm sure Solid Filip and Edged Boarder can have a lot of fun there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:18 pm  Post subject:   
flexxx wrote:
Slashcat wrote:

This is a REALLY good idea. I'm sure Solid Filip and Edged Boarder can have a lot of fun there.

Oh, you mean a shoutbox? Yeah, we can do that but the only problem is that it doesn't solve spam. People spam when they want to run up their post count, and when they are bored (which this may solve, but it's doubtful.) Because people usually read a topic, THEN spam, and you can't put shoutboxes that are specific to a topic, only to a forum, this won't really solve anything.

Shoutboxes, in my opinion, are mostly useless, so you probably won't be seeing one here. They're really just an additional knick-knack for a forum, not really a remedy for spam. I'd set up a chatline before I did that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:41 pm  Post subject:   
#1: This isn't really a new feature, but sometimes the little pop-up window that says "You have a new PM" doesn't show up for me. Is this just me?

#2: What is the "groups" button supposed to do, besides just sit around at the top of the screen?

Click here for my Bandcamp page!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:20 am  Post subject:   
The groups button is supposed to be there! For my peace of mind if nothing else...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:05 pm  Post subject:   
DDRKirby(ISQ) wrote:
#1: This isn't really a new feature, but sometimes the little pop-up window that says "You have a new PM" doesn't show up for me. Is this just me?

Do you have pop-up software? That could stop it. I've never had it not show up for me.

Quote:
#2: What is the "groups" button supposed to do, besides just sit around at the top of the screen?

Groups are a feature to limit or add priveleges to certain members. Everyone here except for mods are equal, so groups doesn't have any use for us. I'll look into replacing it in a while.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:23 am  Post subject:   
Okay, three things:

The Buddy List Hack requires a lot more work than just adding the hack. It turns out the HTML code they set out in the hack doesn't mesh very well with our current board set up, so I need to tweak and test quite a bit more before I install it. Look for it in a few weeks.

Smilies hack I am working on right now. I will install around 10-15 new smilies. :) The site we were direct linking all the smilies we wanted from went down due to bandwidth (probably becuase of us, lol) so I need to wait for it to come back around in a few weeks, but I'll post the ones I get in a few days.

Third thing - is I'm going to replacing the "Groups" link up top with, I believe, one of the most requested features, but I need to talk to grandmort to see if it is a-ok to do it first. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:28 pm  Post subject:   
Starving Artist
Just something I noticed... there has been an outbreak of "guests" poping in to say things that they are too cowardly to say signed in. I'm not saying we should just abolish guest posting, but maybe it should be looked into?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 4:52 pm  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
nice....I've noticed that lately too. :yes

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:40 pm  Post subject:   
Krystony wrote:
Just something I noticed... there has been an outbreak of "guests" poping in to say things that they are too cowardly to say signed in. I'm not saying we should just abolish guest posting, but maybe it should be looked into?

I always know who it is, but since the children couldn't leave well enough alone, only registered guests can post now. Sad affair, but necessary. :glare

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:08 pm  Post subject:   
[quote="laidback0378"]Hey! Can we have the site in 3D??? I think that would be a really neat and spiffy hack. ;P :heh :[/quote]

just go buy that new laptop they have out now.(its like 5000 bucks :eek ), BUT it does have this funky blue button at the top which changes everything on your screen to 3D. i saw it in the store and it is a fuckin' trip dude! everything really does look 3D. :yes

thats to bad that there is only registerd posting now, but such is life i guess!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:44 am  Post subject:   
Okay, you guys wondered what the groups button was for, well, it's gone. What will be replacing it? Well, look around and you might find it, but it's a good feature you guys have asked for in the past. :) Little did I know we already had it on the site and wasn't even using it!

Stay tuned, either tomorrow afternoon (probably) or tomorrow night (less likely) I will have the new feature integrated with the board! :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:43 pm  Post subject:   
Okay! Merqurycity.com Chat is now available! :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:58 am  Post subject:   
Maybe include this smilie:

Image ("unsure")

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:35 am  Post subject:   
PSN: DTT-Ninthpixel
The chat is awesome, but kinda laggy. I believe there is a refresh rate you could tweak? I personally would like to see a topic lock hack. After a topic goes into the third page in a board it should be locked. That way we don't have newbies bringing back "30" year old topics, or maybe.. After they pass like the 5th page they are deleted. Not really needed now, but it could very well be useful in the future to save space. For better image hosting try here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:44 am  Post subject:   
shout box is usefull but when the BOard is to big it will crash like the PSX EXTREME FORUm.....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:12 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
What about making it possible to post more choices in a poll?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:14 pm  Post subject:   
Hmm...I think I can fix that right now, it's a simple as punching in a number. How many do you want? Isn't 10 enough?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:08 pm  Post subject:   
Is it possible to make it so topics that I don't read won't have a spinning snowflake? Like, I would mark the topics that I keep up with, and those are the only ones that would spin, along with new topics that I hadn't seen yet. I say this because there is a lot in the Playground that I don't pay attention to, but there are a few that I do, so it would be cool if I knew when there was a post in one of those, not just in the forum.

Do you think that could be done?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:09 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Eviltim1700
elevation wrote:
Is it possible to make it so topics that I don't read won't have a spinning snowflake? Like, I would mark the topics that I keep up with, and those are the only ones that would spin, along with new topics that I hadn't seen yet. I say this because there is a lot in the Playground that I don't pay attention to, but there are a few that I do, so it would be cool if I knew when there was a post in one of those, not just in the forum.

Wow, that is a great idea :yes, I will 2nd that in wanting it, if it is possible gondee :). Mainly because the playground always has 13 million new posts everytime I come :heh.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:44 pm  Post subject:   
elevation wrote:

Hmm...I haven't read anything like that I don't think. Cookies are used to set the dates when you visit the board, you must "watch" topics via e-mail... It's pretty much a deep-seated PHPbb thing that I don't believe I can change. I'll check on it though.

EDIT: Just looked, and there's a feature that keeps topics "Unread" (meaning the snowflake is spinning), but I don't believe there's a feature that keeps them read and allows you to track only the ones you want. I'll keep looking though.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 4 of 10 [ 234 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10