Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:43 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:36 pm  Post subject: The SSX website is a modern masterpiece  
I'm really digging the minimalist vibes on this one. Understated, yet cogent. The subtle romantic mood is a nice touch, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:46 pm  Post subject: Re: The SSX website is a modern masterpiece  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
especially the E3 section, wow

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:07 pm  Post subject: Re: The SSX website is a modern masterpiece  
PSN: Emu90
Indeed. What else do you need. Just let the emotions invoked by the artwork overwhelm you. The mountains create a sense of sublime, the filter invites an atmosphere of surrealism that lends from the Dadaist school of thought. And then you have two characters which are in contrast to each other on many levels. For one the artist assumes that the viewer has an understanding of the color theory where magenta and green are the exact opposites creating a sense of harmony. Then you have the contrast of male and female. Finally the male to the right is in a static pose while the female provides a contrast in a highly dynamic pose which are in direct contrast to each other.
:thumbsup

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:00 pm  Post subject: Re: The SSX website is a modern masterpiece  
Just beautiful, guys.

Today, EA Sports has taken yet another step into the realm of minimalist aesthetics, leaving us with the questions: what ARE the essentials? Is mainstream site design too busy to communicate the essence of said sites? Most importantly, can we cut away more?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:22 pm  Post subject: Re: The SSX website is a modern masterpiece  
PSN: CharmyDweeng
I love how the 'More News' button takes you to the same page with only the same one article listed, masterfully demonstrating how human urges to learn, when denied, tease our very beings, exposing our brief desires as fragile and dependent impulses to discover more about the universe we are captive in.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:29 am  Post subject: Re: The SSX website is a modern masterpiece  
PSN: jonipooon
This thread is hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:52 am  Post subject: Re: The SSX website is a modern masterpiece  
citylights wrote:
Most importantly, can we cut away more?

EA Sports has responded. The answer is: we can certainly cut away more. More, as in, all of it. We've reached the summit, friends.

http://ea.com/ssx

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:36 am  Post subject: Re: The SSX website is a modern masterpiece  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
*please tell me they are just renovating it or moving it and not permanently removing it*

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:03 pm  Post subject: Re: The SSX website is a modern masterpiece  
PSN: jonipooon
citylights wrote:
citylights wrote:
Most importantly, can we cut away more?

EA Sports has responded. The answer is: we can certainly cut away more. More, as in, all of it. We've reached the summit, friends.

http://ea.com/ssx

What an astounding piece of modern art - Less is more. This new installation from EA is nothing from what I expected, literary. The feeling of entering a space which doesnt even exist gives you a sense of being transported into a different state of reality. Use your eyes to filter the screen and you'll see what lies beyond imagination.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:09 am  Post subject: Re: The SSX website is a modern masterpiece  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Crazy_driveR3 wrote:
*please tell me they are just renovating it or moving it and not permanently removing it*

It's been two and a half years since SSX came out Driver. That's usually around the time that EA starts pulling the plug on stuff like webpages. Another year or two and we can expect the online servers to go down as well.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:52 pm  Post subject: Re: The SSX website is a modern masterpiece  
XBL: WAffle3690
This is sad.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:45 pm  Post subject: Re: The SSX website is a modern masterpiece  
The UK site is still up:

http://www.ea.com/uk/ssx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:08 am  Post subject: Re: The SSX website is a modern masterpiece  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Seeing that page reminds me of all the awesome DLC we thought we would get....

And then the lack of it that we actually got.

Mt. Eddie was awesome.

Where was the follow up. :(

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:46 pm  Post subject: Re: The SSX website is a modern masterpiece  
I think we got a pretty decent amount all in all. Refresh my memory if I'm remembering it fuzzy, but we had 3 major packs right?

1) Throwback Costumes (+ Assorted small level bumps and changes at no cost)
2) Mt. Eddie
3) 3,2,1 GO!

Batty mentioned the "Year of SSX" ala the "Year of Burnout", but that was just Batty being optimistic - how many games ever get a full year of DLC? SSX got around six months of updates and bugfixes. Pretty decent for the game all in all. I was expecting one big DLC ala Mt. Eddie and that would be it. Instead we got 3 or so. I'm content with it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:27 pm  Post subject: Re: The SSX website is a modern masterpiece  
Don't forget freeride, gondee! :poke But yeah, I assumed they dissolved the team quicker than they hoped to because despite the sales, online didn't seem to take off like they had hoped (see: that darn 50k players badge :heh). We got some great stuffTM, though! All thingsTM that the fans had been asking for. :D

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]