Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:19 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:59 pm  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
When I heard rumours about a new SSX in 2010, I was so pumped and excited for almost 2 years, then I got it and played it for months everyday. Eventually (and this always happens), I just get bored of gaming in general and just stop playing xbox of steam games for a while. Just happens.

I like to jump between SSX 2012 and SSX 3 and/or Tricky every now and then. They are like three different games with exactly the same themes so its nice to switch it up a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
XBL: Chez XD
The issue isn't that I find the game difficult, which everyone seems to assume!

I am glad everyone else enjoys this game, but I just didn't. At first I loved it though, played the demo like crazy trying to get higher and higher scores, surpassing 30million. (Seemed high at the time!) But when the game came out and I saw the the vast array of tracks, most of which I disliked. I was just not interested. In SSX i prefer the tracks to be easy/medium difficulty in terms of safely navigating to the bottom, and the difficulty being keeping a combo going to the bottom to get a huuuuge score.

On the new SSX keeping a combo going is super easy, and ubers can be cancelled at anytime so you don't bail, which sucks! not a fan of the flow meter, but I can see why they added it. I'd have preferred it if it started at 20x and only dropped later on instead of having to build it up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:52 am  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
ticklemeozmo wrote:
Quote:
Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?
Yes. Yes, I am. 12 months, and nothing else has been in my Xbox. I loved it so much, I spent about 200 hours total away from the controller to bring you the best SSX statistics website the world has ever seen. Now, I have to get back to playing. :)

I second that emotion :rock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:07 am  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
Chez XD II wrote:

I am glad everyone else enjoys this game, but I just didn't. At first I loved it though, played the demo like crazy trying to get higher and higher scores, surpassing 30million. (Seemed high at the time!) But when the game came out and I saw the the vast array of tracks, most of which I disliked. I was just not interested. In SSX i prefer the tracks to be easy/medium difficulty in terms of safely navigating to the bottom, and the difficulty being keeping a combo going to the bottom to get a huuuuge score.

On the new SSX keeping a combo going is super easy, and ubers can be cancelled at anytime so you don't bail, which sucks! not a fan of the flow meter, but I can see why they added it. I'd have preferred it if it started at 20x and only dropped later on instead of having to build it up.

Are you sure we aren't keeping u from playing a game that u actually ENJOY?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:13 am  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
chromemaps wrote:
Are you sure we aren't keeping u from playing a game that u actually ENJOY?

I don't really get what you mean?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:15 am  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
REALLY?!?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:16 am  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
Haha how are you keeping me from playing the game?

I literally have no idea what you mean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:16 am  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
What I mean is - isn't there another, different, more enjoyable game that you would rather be playing and talking about somewhere else? :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:19 am  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
Yeah man, SSX 3! I just find it interesting talking about this new one as I was rather disappointed with it. Like hearing what everyone else has to say about it

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:28 am  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
Riiiiiight ..... well - the best of luck with your new hobby :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:32 am  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
...Riiiiiiiiight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:11 am  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
Hmm - you contradict yourself quite a lot don't you?
Here you say
Chez XD II wrote:

then right after that you say
Chez XD II wrote:
In SSX i prefer the tracks to be easy/medium difficulty in terms of safely navigating to the bottom, and the difficulty being keeping a combo going to the bottom to get a huuuuge score.

So - what yr saying is ..... you don't find the game to be difficult - but you'd prefer it to be easier.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:59 am  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
Not really man, if you read what I said.

I am saying I don't find the game difficult. That is true.

I am also saying that the way this SSX tries to make the game difficult is not as fun as the other games in the series as this one tries to make it difficult by having numerous bottomless pits scattered all over the place, which is stupid as when do mountains have random holes in them?

That is why people like the tracks without them because the difficulty is getting an amazingly high score, yes I do realise that is the point on all trick events, but trying to do that when half the difficulty is getting to the bottom without falling into oblivion down some arbitrarily placed hole is no where near as fun. In my opinion.

I would prefer the difficulty in being keeping a combo going, pulling off ubers etc, which in this one is not hard at all.

see what I am saying?

So explain again how I have contradicted myself.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:08 am  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
Chez XD II wrote:
see what I am saying?

no

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:21 am  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
do you really not understand?

or are you joking..?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:26 am  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
Sorry dude - I'm @ work ... and its hard to concentrate on flying this plane AND post on the forum @ the same time!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:29 am  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
no worries, read it through later if you want to see what I am getting at, essentially all I am saying is I am not a fan of how this game adds difficulty.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
PSN: Clawz114
chromemaps wrote:
Sorry dude - I'm @ work ... and its hard to concentrate on flying this plane AND post on the forum @ the same time!

hahahaha! :lol

You are awesome.

Basically Chez, what I think chromemaps is saying, is that it seems like all you do is complain that you don't like the game. He wonders whether you do anything else on the internet apart from complain about this game, and whether your time spent here complaining could be put to better use elsewhere, maybe on discussing games and stuff that you DO like.

No offense intended.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Is Everyone happy with how this game turned out?  
Clawz114 wrote:

Basically Chez, what I think chromemaps is saying, is that it seems like all you do is complain that you don't like the game. He wonders whether you do anything else on the internet apart from complain about this game, and whether your time spent here complaining could be put to better use elsewhere, maybe on discussing games and stuff that you DO like.

No offense intended.

Haha of course I do other stuff on the internet, I do however like complaining! Also I have got back into SSX 3 and that inspired me to come on here and see if everyone was pleased with how the new game turned out ...then it descended into me listing my issues with it. besides it only takes a few mins to come here write something then leave!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jump to:  

Information
Page 4 of 4 [ 94 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4