Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:44 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:05 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
RadicalPlayer wrote:
The reason why some people dont participate in all of the 168 events (such as myself o:)) is because im afraid that my Awesomeness average will go down if i participate in some races and trick its. I try to maintain my average in those 2 categories especially since im border line 3rd place on both of them...

Take for example Sentinel:
The top racer b20471120 has an Awesome score: 1.23 as of today
While...
The top trickster Hero Complexity has an Awesome score: 7.61 as of today

For the racing, its relatively low, while the trick is relatively high, although i did that track before the Awesomeness scores came up. So i try to focus on the ones that give me a score of 2.00 on race its and 4.70 on trick its to make sure i can raise my rankings without having to repeat another, and avoid those that are less and try to improve the low ranked ones...

...and congratulations to Mitkip and Chrome :thumbsup

I get this, but at the same time your awesome score is less valid in my opinion at least for trick it. You don't even have enough trick it scores to be on the trick it scoreboard yet. Being top 3 with 22 tracks is WAAAAY different then being in the top with 71 tracks.

if you took the top 22 tracks from Zock, Copernico_11 and myself and we would all be over 4 and pretty close to your current score, but we are all under 4 at the moment.

No disrespect intended. You are definitely a great player. I just don't think it is a fair comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:33 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
SSX (2012): Racing: #1SSX (2012): Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • Overall Best Players: #3
  • SSX (2012): Racing: #1
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #2
PSN: RadicalPlayer
Yeah i get you... its just that i dont have enough time, but when i do im either trying to set a new record on an old track or simply racing it to keep up with that category too, but when i do i spend like a long time on it (2-4 hours probably) to ensure no one can beat it (on some tracks) which is why i dont have a lot of submissions, although i need one more record to be placed in the Awesomeness leaderboards on the trick its. I think ill be placed top 3 but im still not going to do it, either tonight or tomorrow.

I do agree with you Pemdas, your Awesomeness scores are more valuable than mine, but just because im going to be top 3 doesnt mean im going to stop there. I think ill stop when i have approximately 40-50 records at least to even out the odds and make it more fair with you guys :) Then ill just aim to improve my old scores and get better times in race its...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:56 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
ticklemeozmo wrote:
MarcusAnnex wrote:
Hey Ozmo, I don't know if this is a problem or not, but I have an awesomescore of 12.08 here. That seems kinda broken to me, and is raising my score by a LOT when I don't think it should. Is this okay?
Did you earn 177 thousand meters? If so, you earned that 12!

The chart is designed to show you how AWESOME that score is compared to everyone else, there's NO ONE CLOSE to you.

Sentinel survive it. I just had a go. I wasn't aiming for 177,000 exactly because its like a 4 hour job :dead But I did get 100,000. I thought it would decrease Marcus's Awesome score - but it actually INCREASED it to 12.66 :eek

I get the whole thing about rankings and placing / but - to me - if u don't play all the drops - then ur missin out on the game. Some of the drops I hated at first are firm favourites now. The hard challenges are the best in this game.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:07 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
PSN: TaysteChampion
Well I don't have the trick it! skill to place highly on the awesomeness, but all I have left are trick it! and survival events to complete on the winona score board. So I did a few trick it! events just now. Until I get all tracks completed. Because in game I have all events completed. So I will check on winona for the ones that haven't logged and set new scores on these until like Chromemaps and Mitkip I have all 168 completed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:32 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
ticklemeozmo wrote:
Your awesomeness is calculated individually per TYPE. It's not mashed together LIKE SOME PEOPLE (*cough*gondee*cough* ;)).

I actually got a good laugh out of that. :heh :heh I appreciate when two people can disagree and have a good sense of humor about it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:56 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
XBL: TickleMeOzmo
chromemaps wrote:
Sentinel survive it. I just had a go. I wasn't aiming for 177,000 exactly because its like a 4 hour job :dead But I did get 100,000. I thought it would decrease Marcus's Awesome score - but it actually INCREASED it to 12.66 :eek

That's unfortunately because while you raised the average a bit, 10s of other scrubs DECREASED the average.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:10 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
My Race It stats have gone haywire on WinonaNet - they all show the wrong placings..... fr'instance...

http://ssx.ozmonet.com/user/370483762 ( showing Snakebite 96th / Fast Forward 99th)

but on Snakebite I am actually 17th http://ssx.ozmonet.com/scoreboard/snakebite/race
and Fast Forward 33rd http://ssx.ozmonet.com/scoreboard/fastforward/race

but - that's just 2 examples - they are ALL out.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:18 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
chromemaps wrote:
My Race It stats have gone haywire on WinonaNet - they all show the wrong placings..... fr'instance...

http://ssx.ozmonet.com/user/370483762 ( showing Snakebite 96th / Fast Forward 99th)

but on Snakebite I am actually 17th http://ssx.ozmonet.com/scoreboard/snakebite/race
and Fast Forward 33rd http://ssx.ozmonet.com/scoreboard/fastforward/race

but - that's just 2 examples - they are ALL out.

That was a temporary adjustment to the placement calculation for speed adjustments. I have no test site, so I sneak changes in live and hope nobody notices. chromemaps, specifically loading your explore scores took 17 SECONDS prior to the update, now they take ~0.8 SECONDS. I'd say that's worth it.

Things are fixed. All is good. Don't worry people, it's ALL calculations. Your raw scores are always saved and always safe. If a calculation is wrong, it can be redone.

I really should have a [Panic] button on the website...

Last edited by ticklemeozmo on Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:21 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
^ ha ha ok / I am always checking WinonaNet / its like a kind of addiction / thanks :pimp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:40 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
chromemaps wrote:
^ ha ha ok / I am always checking WinonaNet / its like a kind of addiction / thanks :pimp

True story. I do the same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:55 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
XBL: mahkraFUD
ticklemeozmo wrote:
Your raw scores are always saved and always safe. If a calculation is wrong, it can be redone.
Oz only erases my data, I guess. :heh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:07 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - AwesomeScore(tm), 50,000+ Records, 2100% Fas  
I do not understand the tone of that post, were your scores erased somehow? Is this making fun of the offline issue?

I never deleted any of your scores intentionally, so I don't know what this is joking about.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:27 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - AwesomeScore(tm), 50,000+ Records, 2100% Fas  
PSN: TaysteChampion
ticklemeozmo wrote:
I do not understand the tone of that post, were your scores erased somehow? Is this making fun of the offline issue?

I never deleted any of your scores intentionally, so I don't know what this is joking about.

Yeah, it does not delete scores if the connection to ridernet fails... that's a ridernet issue. They could have fixed this by simply having an option to resubmit scores to ridernet. For example, I could go to Bulldog, press triangle on the race, and choose "sync score with ridernet" and it could resend that information. I have a 1:24 on bulldog but on winona I have 1:25. It doesn't make a lot of sense, because I'm sure if scores don't submit, people in the friends list still see the latest ghost / score anyway?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:01 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - AwesomeScore(tm), 50,000+ Records, 2100% Fas  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
TaysteChampion wrote:
It doesn't make a lot of sense, because I'm sure if scores don't submit, people in the friends list still see the latest ghost / score anyway?

Nope. I remember this coming up months ago with Kijjie (then a billion people afterwards). If you have a connection fail and can't get back online through the retry (or in her case choose to work offline to begin with) that's your one shot. A sync option would have been lovely for sure. Add it to the LOOOOOOOOONG list of whines and wishes for the next one. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:51 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - AwesomeScore(tm), 50,000+ Records, 2100% Fas  
XBL: mahkraFUD
ticklemeozmo wrote:

Sorry, oz, I really did not mean anything by that post. I was just joking about when I was helping you test things over the summer and discovered a bug by uploading enough scores that my older ones started getting deleted.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:38 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - AwesomeScore(tm), 50,000+ Records, 2100% Fas  
mahkra wrote:
Sorry, oz, I really did not mean anything by that post. I was just joking about when I was helping you test things over the summer and discovered a bug by uploading enough scores that my older ones started getting deleted.

That's quite an inside reference, and for the record, they stopped showing up in the feed, they weren't deleted. :) I just want to maintain fairness and unbiased accuracy in WinonaNET as a project.

We're cool, regardless of my hatred towards you for rewording every one of my suggestions in the scoreboard thread. :glare

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:26 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - AwesomeScore(tm), 50,000+ Records, 2100% Fas  
It's coming... | Click to reveal hidden content

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:04 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - AwesomeScore(tm), 50,000+ Records, 2100% Fas  
That looks gorgeous, oz. :notworthy An interface like that makes me want to finally get scores in for all of the drops. :heh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:08 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - AwesomeScore(tm), 50,000+ Records, 2100% Fas  
XBL: Th3 Apache Dog
citylights wrote:
That looks gorgeous, oz. :notworthy An interface like that makes me want to finally get scores in for all of the drops. :heh
I was thinking the same thing lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:52 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - AwesomeScore(tm), 50,000+ Records, 2100% Fas  
It's coming... | Click to reveal hidden content

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:06 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - AwesomeScore(tm), 50,000+ Records, 2100% Fas  
XBL: joejakt
Lookin' sweet! Can't wait till this comes out!!! :thumbsup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:03 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - AwesomeScore(tm), 50,000+ Records, 2100% Fas  
PSN: Otter111
Wow - looking pretty sweet! Can't wait to be able to see % complete and sort by area/range.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:51 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - AwesomeScore(tm), 50,000+ Records, 2100% Fas  
It's here... | Click to reveal hidden content

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:31 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
SSX (2012): Racing: #1SSX (2012): Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • Overall Best Players: #3
  • SSX (2012): Racing: #1
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #2
PSN: RadicalPlayer
THE NEW LOOK IS SEXXXX :o I need to play SSX again :woot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:48 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
PSN: Otter111
One word - Awesomeness!! :woot

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 8 of 11 [ 260 posts ]  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11