Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:38 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:08 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
Hey Ozmo,

I am seeing multiple entries for any given rider on the track specific score pages.

For example:

http://ssx.ozmonet.com/scoreboard/burnout/trick

I am listed 7 times on this page. 1 for each time that I actually crossed the finish line. Also, it looks like all of the duplicates are being used to calculate the AwesomeScore, which is skewing the results a bit on the track specific score page.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:29 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
PSN: TaysteChampion
Yeah I noticed this a few days ago, wasn't sure if it was intentional or not. I think it shows all personal best submissions. So if you cross the finish line and it's not a new personal best, it won't submit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:46 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
XBL: TickleMeOzmo
TaysteChampion wrote:
Yeah I noticed this a few days ago
Well, thanks for the HEADSUP! If you see something, say something, people. :p Sooner, than later.

Pemdas82 wrote:
Also, it looks like all of the duplicates are being used to calculate the AwesomeScore, which is skewing the results a bit on the track specific score page.
That query wasn't used to calculate the scores (the scoreboard query joins other tables to view names/system/etc), the AwesomeScore was calculated correctly (the AwesomeScore query was just scores from a drop, no joins). The queries are separate for speed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:37 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
I wasn't exactly opposed to it, so I didn't mind if you changed it back or not :)

I do have a question though, how do I actually log out? I want to log in to update my latest record, but I am stuck logged in so I can't, if you see what I mean.

edit: Logged out by going incognito! Thanks minn!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:36 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
You don't ever have to "log out", because the secret is, you aren't ever "logged in". You want to click "Refresh your scores"

At the top there is a bar:

[Home] [Your Stats] [Refresh Your Scores] [Latest Scores]

It re-downloads all yo shit. Don't bother abusing the button and hitting it over and over, it has a 10 minute cool-down timer. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:28 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
Hey Ozmo, I don't know if this is a problem or not, but I have an awesomescore of 12.08 here. That seems kinda broken to me, and is raising my score by a LOT when I don't think it should. Is this okay?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:55 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
MarcusAnnex wrote:
Hey Ozmo, I don't know if this is a problem or not, but I have an awesomescore of 12.08 here. That seems kinda broken to me, and is raising my score by a LOT when I don't think it should. Is this okay?
Did you earn 177 thousand meters? If so, you earned that 12!

The chart is designed to show you how AWESOME that score is compared to everyone else, there's NO ONE CLOSE to you.

Let me put it this way. If I asked 162 people to throw a ball, and the BEST person threw it 34 meters, but everyone averaged together threw it about 6 meters. And you came along and threw the ball 177 METERS, is that not a feat of Awesomeness?? Would you not be raised onto the shoulders and heralded as the best in the land?

The math is right, you earned it. You OBLITERATED the competition.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:32 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
PSN: mitkip-95
ticklemeozmo wrote:
MarcusAnnex wrote:

The chart is designed to show you how AWESOME that score is compared to everyone else, there's NO ONE CLOSE to you.

Let me put it this way. If I asked 162 people to throw a ball, and the BEST person threw it 34 meters, but everyone averaged together threw it about 6 meters. And you came along and threw the ball 177 METERS, is that not a feat of Awesomeness?? Would you not be raised onto the shoulders and heralded as the best in the land?

for me its impossibru to get a good survive score even if I have a good route so be proud marcus ;) and btw ozmo boy your doing a great job on your site

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:32 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
ticklemeozmo wrote:
MarcusAnnex wrote:

Well, no complaints here! :D Thanks!

EDIT: Thought this was funny :heh
Click to reveal hidden content: show

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:16 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
MarcusAnnex wrote:
Thought this was funny :heh
Click to reveal hidden content: show
you need 9 scores to be calculated on the user page. You need 1/3rd of the total of that type to be listed on the awesomescore(tm) leader boards. (1/3rd is 22 races, 22 tricks, or 9 survives.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:09 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
ticklemeozmo wrote:
you need 9 scores to be calculated on the user page. You need 1/3rd of the total of that type to be listed on the awesomescore(tm) leader boards. (1/3rd is 22 races, 22 tricks, or 9 survives.)[/quote]Oh I know, and I'm not bashing you or your system I just thought it was funny someone doing that well doesn't have enough.
Wait actually I just checked and according to here he has 10 scores.
:???

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:25 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
MarcusAnnex wrote:
Wait actually I just checked and according to here he has 10 scores.
:???
FIXED (and corrected a rounding error)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:42 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
Congrats to mitkip-95 (PSN) who was the first to submit WinonaNET scores for all 168 tracks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:50 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
There is a slight issue with one of my times. I have a time of 1:03:63 on Hard Currency Race It / but on WinonaNet it shows an old time of 1:09:46.
Here's a couple of screenshots (excuse poor mob.phone quality).

Thanks for your help. I use WinonNet a LOT and find it v useful.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:33 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
Did you score this time while you were offline? If it did not upload to WinonaNET, I can't get it. :( This is a known issue.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:38 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
ticklemeozmo wrote:
Did you score this time while you were offline? If it did not upload to WinonaNET, I can't get it. :( This is a known issue.

Its an old time / a few months I think/ / I can't remember exactly ... I figured the way to update it was to beat that time... but sadly I can't seem to at the moment :no .
I'll have a go again soon/ thanks anyway

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:36 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
PSN: mitkip-95
chromemaps wrote:
ticklemeozmo wrote:

Its an old time / a few months I think/ / I can't remember exactly ... I figured the way to update it was to beat that time... but sadly I can't seem to at the moment :no .
I'll have a go again soon/ thanks anyway

hey chrome your not the only one i did some trick it offline on patagonia and it didnt upload it either

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:10 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
I'm getting an average of over 200 records daily from riders who are still playing...
And there's nothing I can do about the offline thing. The scores actually don't get submitted to Ridernet if you make them offline. If they don't get to the Ridernet feed, they can't get to WinonaNET... #blamebatty :smh

(note: I do the weekly rape of every rider on the weekends, normally Sunday. Therefore, if you see low numbers for the current week, it means that's only displaying the WinonaNET riders found scores, and I did not run the friendslist rape yet.)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:40 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
XBL: mahkraFUD
ticklemeozmo wrote:
Congrats to mitkip-95 (PSN) who was the first to submit WinonaNET scores for all 168 tracks!

It could've been me months ago if you hadn't been deleting all my data when I helped with testing. :lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:32 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
PSN: Emu90
Whoa! WinonaNET just when HTML 5 or CSS3 or whichever is responsible for that nice effect. Damn! :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:48 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
That's the Google Data Visualization API. It RULES.

IF there is an SSX 2...
IF there is an API...
IF I am permitted to access it...

WinonaNET 2.0 will be recoded for it. :)

I would not mind working with the team here to make sure that ALL scores are funneled to merq as well.\\

P.S. The Christmas break saw a 50% increase in daily scores!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:48 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
ticklemeozmo wrote:
P.S. The Christmas break saw a 50% increase in daily scores!

<- Contributor! My younger brother received SSX for Christmas, from me xD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:10 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
SEXY UPDATE!: As of Monday, January 28th, 2013, WinonaNET has reached 50,000 EXPLORE RECORDS!

January has seen an average of 300 unique records per day, up over 50% from December which dipped below 200.

Right now, there are 3800+ riders having 50,000+ unique records and 100,000+ total runs. Of them, only TWO (2) users have 168 entries on the scoreboard.
  • mitkip-95 was the first to hit 168 with current AwesomeScores of ( Race: 1.77 | Trick: 3.43 | Survive: 0.79 ) and 4 1st Place Trophies.
  • chromemaps with current AwesomeScores of ( Race: 1.21 | Trick: 1.27 | Survive: 4.73 ) and 10 1st Place Trophies.

5 riders are in the 150s, and 5 riders are in the 140s. As you know, with each new score (yours or someone else's), your AwesomeScore moves, so make sure you keep updating your scores.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:43 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
SSX (2012): Racing: #1SSX (2012): Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • Overall Best Players: #3
  • SSX (2012): Racing: #1
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #2
PSN: RadicalPlayer
The reason why some people dont participate in all of the 168 events (such as myself o:)) is because im afraid that my Awesomeness average will go down if i participate in some races and trick its. I try to maintain my average in those 2 categories especially since im border line 3rd place on both of them...

Take for example Sentinel:
The top racer b20471120 has an Awesome score: 1.23 as of today
While...
The top trickster Hero Complexity has an Awesome score: 7.61 as of today

For the racing, its relatively low, while the trick is relatively high, although i did that track before the Awesomeness scores came up. So i try to focus on the ones that give me a score of 2.00 on race its and 4.70 on trick its to make sure i can raise my rankings without having to repeat another, and avoid those that are less and try to improve the low ranked ones...

...and congratulations to Mitkip and Chrome :thumbsup

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:02 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - Now with AwesomeScore(tm) Technology!  
Your awesomeness is calculated individually per TYPE. It's not mashed together LIKE SOME PEOPLE (*cough*gondee*cough* ;)). Your Survive AwesomeScore has nothing to do with your Racing AwesomeScore. That's why there is three separate scores. There is a long heated debate in the scoreboard thread about this.

But I see your point, I do not have scores in Africa or off some backcountry peaks because they would destroy my score, but that's the path I choose. I can't compare myself to anyone who has all 168 because really, I've chosen to NOT do the "hard ones". I have over a +1.00 in Survive. There is NO way I'd keep that if I did all 28 survive tracks. Really, the rankings should be sorted by drops completed, then by awesomescore.

Last edited by ticklemeozmo on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 7 of 11 [ 260 posts ]  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11