Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:40 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:26 pm  Post subject:   
happened to me once on the GC version and It aint ever happened again. did anyone ever find the invisible rail on intimidator on ssx 3. there is also one in merqury city on tricky.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:31 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Glenn wrote:
RE Virus wrote:

I was actually referring to the drawing delays in Last Call. If some don't have them and other people do, that means one of two things:

1) There was a bad batch of CDs made.
2) There's something to do with the PS2's software.
3) (Not likely, but overheating the console could cause it as well).

This could also have something to do with testing. When we playtested SSX 3, I remember them stating that they had to make sure they had several older version PS2's to make sure the game played well across all systems. The fact that it may not is not the players' fault, it's lack of across-the-board system testing, something that was probably shortened by the scheduling.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:37 pm  Post subject:   
I cant understand why they where on a strict schedule, they had around 2 years to make the game. Look at burnout revenge that was released around a year after bo3 and is still a kick ass game made in less time.

I went back to some ssx3 just befor and its amazing to play again, it seems so much smoother and the graphics look alot better than on tour.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:35 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
archie wrote:
I cant understand why they where on a strict schedule, they had around 2 years to make the game. Look at burnout revenge that was released around a year after bo3 and is still a kick ass game made in less time.

I went back to some ssx3 just befor and its amazing to play again, it seems so much smoother and the graphics look alot better than on tour.

Well, I'm strictly theorizing here - so don't take what I say as fact - but it basically comes down to overall budget.

If the team was given less time to create the game (say 16 months instead of 24) then that means less overall cost because you have to pay less overall salary. I have always gotten the impression hearing the guys talk about SOT is that they were focusing on "what they could do", meaning they just didn't have time/money to explore every avenue. I'm pretty sure the budget/manpower/time schedule was condensed all around to be sure what limited sales they could get from the shortened lifespan of the PS2 was able to make a profit. Thus, we get a decent game, but not a great game, because the bottom line dictated a tightened production all the way around.

That's why I'm not worried for the next game - because when it's on PS3, EA's going to want to spend the money to make a flashy high quality game because they will have 4-6 years of future PS3 lifespan to sell copies of the game.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:54 pm  Post subject:   
There's slight draw-in in some places in the XBOX version too. It's not really noticeable when you're flying along down the mountain, but if you're just sauntering down in freestyle or watching someone else play you do notice it.

I dunno with the sheer scope and size of the mountain there were bound to be areas that weren't meant to be seen from certain angles and things. I'm sure there were similar late draw-ins in SSX3, although I don't recall any specific ones.

As for the game itself? I kinda view it as an expansion pack to SSX 3, hence the cheaper price etc.. They could totally call the next game SSX 4 and get away with it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:37 am  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
vix wrote:
there's a rail like that, a tree, on last call i think....you can't grind it but the empy space next to it

yep, i used a line that included that all the time. there is another log on tht course you can grind, only you grind it perpendicular to the surface. :???

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:48 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
perpendicular? or parallel?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:27 am  Post subject:   
gondee's FAQ writer
perpendicular. If I could grind the rail parallel to the surface I wouldn't have anything to complain about now would I? :lol :lol

Its one of those logs where you grind a log and jump off it to land on yet another log, and its on the right hand side, when you land on it, your board will be perpendicular to the log, so you grind the log on the tip of the snowboard (never even bothered to try SSX4 with skis).

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  1, 2