Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:40 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:42 am  Post subject:   
Good point RE , but on compilation pipe i think the back2 back gives more time per round, compared to the box set event. So thats likely to muck things up :cheers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:39 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
RE Virus wrote:
Good job gondee. I guess that after a while you'll add shortened events, right? Like there's no point in doing the same slopestyle course 3 times when you can restart as many times as you want in each heat. And as iglooman pointed out, you can have one god run which will go unnoticed because of that. I know the game is set up that way (in a stupid anti-competitive way), but we should make the best out of it, no?

On those sort of courses, you can just take a pic of your best heat. I'm leaving the courses set up the way they are in the game, and if that's redundant or what have you, blame EA, cuz that's how they set it up. :heh

Okay, you guys better submit some damn scores after I spent all Sunday setting this thing up! I've gotten three scores so far! :mad :heh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:46 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Eviltim1700
So if I submit scores now without proof, is that ok? I will get proof but I'm not gonna waste my time with it until my scores are a little closer to maxed out then they are now

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:48 pm  Post subject:   
Sure, go ahead. At some point, I'm going to increase the two week deadline to like, a year, so that we can have scores on the scoreboard that aren't confirmed but are on there anyway, like the old days.

I just have to figure out how to fix that two week deadline. :heh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:54 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Gondee, I've been out of town recently and am trying to catch up on the happenings and rules.

Are any of the purchaseable attributes allowed for racing purposes?

I've read this entire thread and only infinite boost is mentioned. What about boost decay, boost gain, gate launch, etc?
For what it's worth, you're fighting an uphill battle if you don't allow certain attributes...human nature dictates that many people will cheat if nobody will know. I trust some people, but I don't trust more people.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:56 pm  Post subject:   
All the purchasable attributes are allowed, 007. Those aren't considered cheating.

The cheats (the ones you input a code for in the cheats screen) for unlimited boost, etc, however, are against the rules.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:08 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
TY Gondee, this thread makes A LOT more sense now and I agree with the majority that no cheats should be allowed.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:43 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #3
gondee wrote:
RE Virus wrote:
Good job gondee. I guess that after a while you'll add shortened events, right? Like there's no point in doing the same slopestyle course 3 times when you can restart as many times as you want in each heat. And as iglooman pointed out, you can have one god run which will go unnoticed because of that. I know the game is set up that way (in a stupid anti-competitive way), but we should make the best out of it, no?

On those sort of courses, you can just take a pic of your best heat. I'm leaving the courses set up the way they are in the game, and if that's redundant or what have you, blame EA, cuz that's how they set it up. :heh

That's what I'm saying--we can blame EA for everything, but that won't make anything better. I think we should make the best out of it and create sub-events for certain courses, like the Remix races. I don't really see any reason not to do it...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:51 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Eviltim1700
Its impossible to do sub-events on the remixes except for on the first heat. The boxsets are a different story, but I don't see anything wrong with doing three runs in a row.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:14 pm  Post subject:   
SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #3
Sweet!! now need to bust out some scores/times! :yes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:14 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Why would it be impossible eviltim? I know some people have issues with sexagesimal, but c'mon...

As for the box set pipes, no need to make sub-events of those since there's also the Double events (which are only 1 heat despite the name).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:18 pm  Post subject:   
RE Virus wrote:

That's what I'm saying--we can blame EA for everything, but that won't make anything better. I think we should make the best out of it and create sub-events for certain courses, like the Remix races. I don't really see any reason not to do it...

Well, I can tell you right now, my number one reservation against changing it from the way it's presented in the game is the lowest common denominator: the forum member who doesn't like to read.

I constantly get "Why were my SSX 3 scores erased?" from members who do not read the rules. That's simply a track list where video is concerned, it's not a series of arbitrary events tacked on to an already really confusing event system in a game where nothing is very straightforward.

If we create a bunch of special rules for events, then I can guarantee the people who are not serious SSX players are going to just keep on submitting scores for incorrect events, wondering why their entries were erased.

But I digress, because just because I can't think of something doesn't mean it shoudn't be tried. So, if you can provide me a good list of changes to make to the scoreboard, post them here. Outside of that, I'm going to leave it the way the game has for the sake of simplicity. :china

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:31 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
You could make a special category for it. Where you choose Racing or Freestyle, add a "Sub-events (read the rules before submitting)" option.

Another possibility is to put the rules page before submitting. When you click "Submit times/scores", the rules page comes up (with a warning saying that you MUST read the rules carefully, and that you will be ignored if you ask why your scores weren't accepted), then you have to click "next" before entering the submissions page.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:33 pm  Post subject:   
Okay, I didn't read this entire thread, no way in hell am i reading this entire thread. So I was thinking...if it hasn't ben mentioned already, that is....that there could be a nice clean way to have things organized so we don't have to scrounge through every post looking for a certain record. All the records could be listed on one page. Sorry if it already is this way, like i said, i haven't read the entire thread. And if there's a link to it, lemme see please.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:35 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
Well, I can tell you right now, my number one reservation against changing it from the way it's presented in the game is the lowest common denominator: the forum member who doesn't like to read.
Sketchy wrote:
Okay, I didn't read this entire thread, no way in hell am i reading this entire thread.

Case in point, RE. :heh

Quote:
You could make a special category for it. Where you choose Racing or Freestyle, add a "Sub-events (read the rules before submitting)" option.

I don't have a problem with this, as the regular events are still in the format from the game. Again, what would you propose - what sort of special events?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:39 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
gondee wrote:
gondee wrote:
Sketchy wrote:
Okay, I didn't read this entire thread, no way in hell am i reading this entire thread.

Case in point, RE. :heh

:heh :heh :heh :heh

There's a difference though--reading a few paragraphs about the rules of something you're interested in, and reading 90 posts of discussion and thoughts.

Quote:
Quote:

I don't have a problem with this, as the regular events are still in the format from the game. Again, what would you propose - what sort of special events?

Not sure yet... I'll have to research it a little first. The Remix events and those that have a multi-heat score/time but no Double event.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:44 pm  Post subject:   
True enough, but I can tell you that the majority of people here, though intelligent, just don't like to read something when they're more focused on another task like seeing their scores up on the scoreboard.

I know the medal events are redundant on the game - but that's just the way it is and most likely the way it has to be to be sure the scoreboard is as easy to use as possible. Yes, '45 Slopestyle and Back-2-Back on the same track Slopestyle are essentially the same event (highest score you can amass in one heat), but that's just the way it is. Some newbie will want to submit a score for an event but not the other - so we have to have them both.

If you'd like a series of "one shot events", give me a proposal here. I'll see where we can take it from there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:44 pm  Post subject:   
There are 4 fucking pages, no way. Not to find one score. Certainly not to listen to everybody saying the same thing over and over again. Now, is there a link to an actual 'scoreboard' or is this just a misnomer?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:48 pm  Post subject:   
Sketchy wrote:
There are 4 fucking pages, no way. Not to find one score. Certainly not to listen to everybody saying the same thing over and over again. Now, is there a link to an actual 'scoreboard' or is this just a misnomer?

Dude, 4 pages is NOTHING. :heh If you won't read four pages, you're a perfect example of the type of member who we need to streamline the scoreboard for.

As for the scoreboard itself: Image

And if you're looking for a score - you need to try the high scores thread. This thread is to discuss the set up and format of the scoreboard, not posting high scores on the game. :china

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:54 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
gondee wrote:
True enough, but I can tell you that the majority of people here, though intelligent, just don't like to read something when they're more focused on another task like seeing their scores up on the scoreboard.

Well, their fault, not ours.

Quote:
I know the medal events are redundant on the game - but that's just the way it is and most likely the way it has to be to be sure the scoreboard is as easy to use as possible. Yes, '45 Slopestyle and Back-2-Back on the same track Slopestyle are essentially the same event (highest score you can amass in one heat), but that's just the way it is. Some newbie will want to submit a score for an event but not the other - so we have to have them both.

Yes, that's why they should be in a different category than Racing and Freestyle. So that the newbies can submit their scores with no extra hassle.

Quote:
If you'd like a series of "one shot events", give me a proposal here. I'll see where we can take it from there.

Yeah, that's the point. Since many events like Box Sets consist of 3 equal heats. You can have a god run on your first heat, and then the other two not-so-good runs simply because you don't feel like playing until you hit another two god runs. That would suck.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:57 pm  Post subject:   
Well sorry. With a name like "SSX On Tour Scorboard ONLINE!" I figured it would've been done and setup already, not open for discussion. And thank you for the link.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:58 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:
Yeah, that's the point. Since many events like Box Sets consist of 3 equal heats. You can have a god run on your first heat, and then the other two not-so-good runs simply because you don't feel like playing until you hit another two god runs. That would suck.

Well, that's sort of the point of the box sets - consistency over more than one heat. Box sets should really stay the way they are.

Like I said, the redundancy IS redundant, I'm not denying that. But we have to design the scoreboard for maximum ease of use, not necessarily maximum efficiency of events. We'll get more scores with the former.

Quote:
Well sorry. With a name like "SSX On Tour Scorboard ONLINE!" I figured it would've been done and setup already, not open for discussion. And thank you for the link.

The link's in the header on every page of the forum Sketchy. :heh And on the index. :heh :poke :poke The scoreboard is finished for all intents and purposes. You can submit scores for all the events. It's just an issue of deciding if anything else needs to be added.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:08 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
gondee wrote:
Quote:

Well, that's sort of the point of the box sets - consistency over more than one heat. Box sets should really stay the way they are.

What consistency? You can restart as many times as you want in each heat!!

Quote:
Like I said, the redundancy IS redundant, I'm not denying that. But we have to design the scoreboard for maximum ease of use, not necessarily maximum efficiency of events. We'll get more scores with the former.

That's why I'm suggesting to put the sub-events as separate categories. Don't remove any of the events that are in the game, just add some new ones.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:12 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:

Box sets are the event where they take the total score of the event correct? Like Box Set Pipe at BTS - total 9 million (unless I'm mistaken.)

That event is all about consistency, regardless of how many times you restart. Restarting, and whether it's worth it, is an issue for the player to tackle, not for the scoreboard. If someone wants to restart a million times to get 3 optimal scores on an event, more power to them.

The other thing to keep in mind before we rush into "streamlining events" is that we need to make a comprehensive lists of just which particular tracks are in a certain event. '45 slopestyle and Back-2-Back slopestyle may seem similar, but if they tackle different tracks or have different time limits, then they are essentially different events.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:19 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
gondee wrote:
Quote:

Box sets are the event where they take the total score of the event correct? Like Box Set Pipe at BTS - total 9 million (unless I'm mistaken.)

That event is all about consistency, regardless of how many times you restart. Restarting, and whether it's worth it, is an issue for the player to tackle, not for the scoreboard. If someone wants to restart a million times to get 3 optimal scores on an event, more power to them.

You don't have to get the scores in continuous heats! You can hit a great run on the first heat, then play the second one until you hit the same score again, restarting each time you fail. You will only restart from the second heat--the score you got on the first heat will stay. Same with the third heat. Absolutely no consistency involved. Only a time issue or how long you want to keep your console on, if anything.

Quote:
The other thing to keep in mind before we rush into "streamlining events" is that we need to make a comprehensive lists of just which particular tracks are in a certain event. '45 slopestyle and Back-2-Back slopestyle may seem similar, but if they tackle different tracks or have different time limits, then they are essentially different events.

Yeah, no rushing this. We need to put some research into it first.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 4 of 6 [ 128 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6