Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:25 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Do you want the music to entirely be rock?
HECK, NO!!! 50%  50%  [ 17 ]
Sure, I don't care 41%  41%  [ 14 ]
I'm not sure... 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 34
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:01 pm  Post subject:   
Thank you elevation. I understand exactly what you mean. Most people are ignorant about electronic music at first but then once you actually give it a chance you realize that it`s just the same as all other music, just electronic music thrives off of the mood and vibe instead of originality and lyrical meaningfulness, among other things. Most electronic/rave tracks out there are made to be included as a memorable part in a DJ set that people can look back on 2 years later and remember all the great memories that track held for them, even if it IS repetitive, has cheesy lyrics, etc.

PD, I understand what you mean now. I`ll admit I don`t think it`s right for you to just assume you know something about everything, obviously on here some things are just going to be other people`s arena, if that makes ANY sense lol. And I`ve played instruments too...I grew up playing piano, drums, guitar, xylophone, and even the fucking oboe. I tried it all. I grew up listening to Garbage, 311, Hole, PJ Harvey, Oasis. Then I discovered rave music and it all changed! I never thought of the music as any different tho.

And Red you`re lucky I don`t know who the fuck you are, otherwise I would actually give a shit. :heh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:11 pm  Post subject:   
:lol ...ah hahahahaa...well now, RedTyga must've broke a guitar string er something! And yes...of course you can have a lollipop Ferre! It's not all that big of a deal how many times you posted to me...there've been times when I want to quote lots of people and I have to end up quoting one and writing my response, hit copy, then go back to the board and hit quote on the next one...hit paste, then write my reply to the new quote...copy, etc...so yeah...it's hard to just edit (although I thought your comment elevation was hilarious) because you don't get to see the recent posts...you can only alter what you see...er...anyway.

*clears throat and sighs*

PD~...very... -interesting...all those things you had to say. I will say one thing, I think it's cool how long you've played the piano... :thumbsup ...for I've been playing myself for 23 years, and can very much do all of what you mentioned, and have been able to for a looooong time. I commend your talent, and think it's cool - so stick with it! I've also had many many other experiences with lots of other instruments on a long term basis...including violin(8 yrs), and drums(2 yrs) - both with private instruction...and countless other ones I've picked up and been able to play on my own.

NOW...with that being said, I have to strongly disagree with your "opinion" (cause that's what it is I'm afraid) in that, that type of music requires "no serious talent"... :jawdrop ...seriously...as such a musically inclined person to another...I couldn't believe you said that!?!?! There is noooooo way you can just pick up the equipment and create some master sounds by just clicking the mouse on ...whatever... and actually make it sound true to the quality of the great artists (and believe me...they are artists with amazing talent) who are extremely successful at doing so! You totally have to have a knack for it...it's not just about what sounds neat or the beat...hehehe...really. And ya know...I'm not even saying the people that create that genre of music have the most talent in the world...it's just, you definitely have to have skills, knowledge, talent...to do well at anything! I'm actually offended at how you talk of it as such mindless music making...but, I don't expect an explanation or anything from you.

---edit---

Okay...PD ~ nevermind about me trying to convince you that it's just your opinion...I've read posts after the fact...and well, it just didn't seem like you were expressing it as such.

All I have to say is that, I can see your point about it being relatively easy compared to other compositions on other intruments (believe me, I know first hand about that)...however, those guys who make that music still have to have a bit of talent for music in general to begin with...I guess the "no serious talent" is what got me stirred...heheh...no worries tho...seriously... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:23 pm  Post subject:   
HD wrote:
And Red you`re lucky I don`t know who the fuck you are, otherwise I would actually give a shit. :heh

Nice one HD. Next time you talk the talk and can't walk the walk, you might want to think of something a little more snappy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:36 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: jonipooon
omg... arguements on english...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:43 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
HD needs to stop acting like he knows every little moment of our life, everything we know and understand, and needs to stop acting like he's bad ass.

No one gives a shit what the real techno is when someone classifies it as that. When someone says techno, you know what they're talking about. Who the fuck cares if it's hardcore, breaks, electronica & ambient, whatever. They're all "music" made with some synthesizer or turn table. Know one needs to go further and classify it down to it's exact type.

You said "rock", do we have to go ahead and call you "fuck fuck fuck, fuck you fucker" because you didn't classify what type of rock you were talking about?

You're not hot shit. Stop being a hard ass and except that no one really gives a shit about all your wonderful knowledge about techno.

Last edited by alpmaster on Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:18 am  Post subject:   
At least it's changed from (insert genre here) sucks to people's opinion/insight about it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:15 am  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX: Showoff: #2
Actually, the reason why people look down on techno is because all people who like electronica act like they're hardcore underground badasses cause they like it. And then they spaz out at every chance they get to defend it. I listen to it because I like how it sounds :shrug SSX3 didn't have the best electronica. Actually, I thought it was all TERRIBLE besides for Wobble. A couple of the punk/rock songs went alright with the game, but personally the hip hop never worked for me. My soundtrack was Wobble, Play It Loud, Stare At The Sun, and Clockworks, even though I didn't really LIKE any of those songs. Whenever I had a chance, I would grab a boombox and turn on a mix and keep it kinda low so it wouldn't distract me.

back to the original question... it would disappoint me if it was all rock, but I doubt they'll put any good songs in no matter what genre they are from. I'd just get a stereo or something, like alp said he does.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:26 am  Post subject:   
XBL: Rezurekdead
PSN: CrimsonMastodon
Wobble, Stare At The Sun, Clockworks and Play it Loud.

I like the list, some characters have the songs but not some (example Stare At The Sun) i've heard it before SSX3 was out and it was awesome but when i heard the SSX3 Version it was awful. Same to Clockworks, it's good on SSX3, But Cack on the album.

I Really don't want EA to fuck up the soundtrack, anyway back to subject

Well i did have John Morgen + Aphrodite on SSX3, And the best Rap songs only for me was Mas (Kinky) and Freeze (K-Os)

I'm not gonna care about the soundtrack if it's gonna be whatever genre it's gonna be. I'm a big fan of artists on Video Games and i hope SSX On Tour's not gonna disappoint me

Welcome Home....

#1 Viggo Fan since 2003.

Last edited by UberBlitz on Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:24 am  Post subject:   
I didn't bother to read through all 100 or so posts on this thread so you'll have to forgive me if I'm being redundant.. :cheers

While I definitely enjoyed the electronica-vibe in 3 I have faith that they'll still create this installment's style into a cohesive whole too..

In the interview the guy (forgot his name..) says they're going with punk-rock to make it 'a lot more culuturally relevant' which is true I think, so I'm not too irked by them swapping the music scene even though I love electronica far above any other style of music.

It's not as if SSX3 didn't have ANY rock music and had ALL electronica, anyway... If that same percentage of rock to dance music is involved (but inverted, as a result ofbeing more 'relevant') I won't mind much..just so long as the final product has ~some~ electronica tunes :dj .

Plus, to the people who are saying 'I have a stereo/radio/etc' I think what the topic creator is saying is that the game's sound effects system distorts the track into a part of the experience of riding down the mountain, like when you catch big air and they throw a tube filter on the music (pretty much one of the most subtle, coolest effects I've seen in a video game lately..)

Blablabla and such :heh . The music I have heard (Louis XIV, The Hives, that rapping guy..) Is a little too Tony Hawk but not so bad.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:28 am  Post subject:   
"most subtle, coolest"

:stupid I think that ruins any legitimacy in my argument :heh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:22 pm  Post subject:   
Hades999 wrote:
Plus, to the people who are saying 'I have a stereo/radio/etc' I think what the topic creator is saying is that the game's sound effects system distorts the track into a part of the experience of riding down the mountain, like when you catch big air and they throw a tube filter on the music (pretty much one of the most subtle, coolest effects I've seen in a video game lately..)

I totally agree with ya...I love that effect when you're in the air and the music's all ...like you said... and the second you land it's back...it makes the jump feel even more awesome, just because of it! Hehe...nah, sometimes there's no way to describe something other than to mess it up grammatically er whatever just so you can get your point across...comes from trying to reach for the best words I guess... :heh ...I do it too!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:28 pm  Post subject:   
UberBlitz wrote:
Wobble, Stare At The Sun, Clockworks and Play it Out.

It's "Play it Loud".

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:52 pm  Post subject:   
dolphingirl wrote:
Hades999 wrote:

I totally agree with ya...I love that effect when you're in the air and the music's all ...like you said... and the second you land it's back...it makes the jump feel even more awesome, just because of it! Hehe...nah, sometimes there's no way to describe something other than to mess it up grammatically er whatever just so you can get your point across...comes from trying to reach for the best words I guess... :heh ...I do it too!

That effect was what got me into the SSX games in the first place. Oh, and by the way, I think that it's called a flanger, but don't quote me on that...NOT in the message board terms! In message board terms, well, yeah, quote me, but you know what I mean!

And YES!! THANK you Hades999!! That is EXACTLY what I mean!! :notworthy THANK YOU!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:47 pm  Post subject:   
Classic Killa
  • SSX: Showoff: #2
You missed my point

Ferre, as long as there's an awesome fade and cool effects that go in and out with the jumps, then you wont mind if it's all rock? You probably would mind. I will likely mind because all of the music in SSX3 was cruddy, and none of that effect stuff made an impact on me. So I'd rather have a stereo unless they have some good music.

also ferre, where in Wisconsin are you from??

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:57 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
HD wrote:
OMFG shut the FUCK up!

Seriously, you think you know everything about EVERYTHING, every post of yours is some intellectual revelation about bullshit you`re barely familiar with but have to assume that just because you`ve had SOME experience with it, you automatically know everything about it. But you`re wrong. So you`re saying your friend that DJ`s in Atlanta spins rave music then right? Then he obviously is not a very successful DJ if he hasn`t explained to you that there are so many different qualities into making a good DJ spinning the best rave music tracks out there. And it takes so much effort into making a full mix, coming up with a good track selection that every track flows from start to finish, creating a vibe and a mood, that the beat matching is spot on, not only just ALIGNING the beats, but making sure that there are no empty areas (i.e. without a bassline). You have no idea how hard all of it is. And the producers that make these tracks spend so much time on all of these tracks - you have NO idea. Just because you know ONE kid that spins in ONE city does not mean you know SHIT, which you obviously don`t. And I do. I know many DJ`s, many producers, and I`ve been hugely into this whole genre since 2000.

So take your elitist bullshit elsewhere or bring it into another topic where you can pull more superior shit out of your fucking ass.

HD, when I let you back in here, it wasn't to post shit like this. Come to think of it, it looks like you and lexi are forming your little clique again, which as we all know can only end one way. One more chance and then I'll just forgo any democracy around here and boot your ass out for good. You seem to forget how many chances you've gotten.

A general note to everyone in this thread: I don't really care what sort of music you like - but you damn well better be civil to other people in this thread regardless of what type of music they like.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:22 pm  Post subject:   
Obviously I`m not going to argue with you gondee cos youre 100% right. I had no intentions of going off like that, but when somebody just says all that shit to someone like me who`s life pretty much revolves around what he`s degrading down to nothing, then yea I am gonna get offended. And other people, not just Lexi, agreed with me as well. Actually I had more on my side then PD had on his side. I made a valid point.

And me & Lexi are not `forming our little clique again`....we`ve ALWAYS been a clique, it never stopped lol.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:34 pm  Post subject:   
Then you need to make that point in a more civilized manner, because as I've said, you don't have the same leeway as everyone else. If I see you do it again, you're gone. I'm not gonna put up with another year of you acting like a spoiled 11 year old.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:29 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Oh no, it's not a clique. It's the "HD and Lexi ERA!".

:rolleyes

Anway, I just want you guys to know that when I say have a stereo, or your music on your computer on, it doesn't mean you have to lost all the ambience and great SFX of the game. Seriously, just put your music on (whatever it is :)) and keep the volume on the TV at a good level and have just the ambience or sfx on. Keep both things at a level where you can hear both clearly. Try it, you'll see how you don't miss out on any boarding experiences. :heh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:01 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: iglooman
Even if the music isn't my favorite, I like to let the game take me on its intended journey during the first phase of play. Though I don't regularly listen to groups like Yellowcard, Thrice, etc........songs like Way Away, Stare at the Sun, and The Bitter End will always remind me of SSX3. As will all the "electronica" in the game....

Now, nearly always headphones with something cranked. SSX3 tends to force Trance/Hard Trance/DJ Mixes in my playlist. Just fits. First love is rock (all kinds), so I'm personally looking forward to a new experience. Nobody wants the same thing again. Tricky had its style, SSX3 its own, and On Tour is definitely looking to take us on a new trip. Enjoy the ride.

Or.......just say fuck it and blaze up. For medicinal purposes only, of course. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:43 pm  Post subject:   
I think you're right about it being a flanger, I think they might send some other effects on it as well.. "Tube" effect was what my cheap Mcdonalds-style MTV DJ software called it I think :heh

I'm glad some people found that effect to be super awesome as well, the sound design that EA Big (and their overall presentation of games in general..) uses is pretty superior. I like how EA Big games really focus on manipulating the soundtrack into a part of the gameplay itself, which is why I'm not too worried about them handling the music..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:09 pm  Post subject:   
HD wrote:
Obviously I`m not going to argue with you gondee cos youre 100% right. I had no intentions of going off like that, but when somebody just says all that shit to someone like me who`s life pretty much revolves around what he`s degrading down to nothing, then yea I am gonna get offended. And other people, not just Lexi, agreed with me as well. Actually I had more on my side then PD had on his side. I made a valid point.

I didn't degrade the music. Some of the greatest songs ever written are the most simplistic.

And in case we are taking tabs... you only had Lexi and dolphingirl back you. Elevation actually was agreeing with what I was saying, but diverted his attention later in his post to say that it doesn't matter how easy it is to make. Red_Gambit had a big problem with what you said. Alpmaster didn't appear to like what you said either. So... you didn't have more people on your side and you made the moderator angry with you.

PD~

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:15 pm  Post subject:   
The issue is done and moderated. All know where they stand, move on please.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:41 am  Post subject:   
PSN: jonipooon
Okay. You're the boss here g. :thumbsup

I blame EA for getting rid of the techno... what are they thinking with? Their eyes?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:55 am  Post subject:   
Yes...agreed, gondee...however I must make one last statement on my behalf: I was not standing up for anyone other than me and my own opinion...I just didn't think it was very cool to knock the talent, which is what I see it...and you don't really, PD...so we can agree to disagree...but please don't make it out that I was backing up HD, nor his way about getting his point across...honestly. I'm not the person to jump on a bandwagon unless they're all playing instruments, the wagon looks cool, and I wanna chime in...hehe! Oka...I'm done :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:14 am  Post subject:   
He said this music was cool but I said I was better and she said that he sucks so I said he sucks too but I wasn't agreeing with her she is just like that so I said hey look at it like this and he said damnit I hate you so I said hey I'm not a bad guy but you are and now everyone is like hey what the fuck.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 5 of 6 [ 130 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6