Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 2:54 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:15 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
I dont think there should be that..it was easier if it had no glithces!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:42 am  Post subject:   
PSN: jonipooon
baka's ghOst wrote:
I dont think there should be that..it was easier if it had no glithces!

Really? I thoght it was FUNNY to take glitches, not to win with them. I've done a video of that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:58 am  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
it's impossible to make a game glitchless....having a marker next to a time saying it was glitched isn't that bad of an idea...

the wormholes ruined racing for me...bleck....heh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:06 pm  Post subject:   
Ye, I hope they don't bring wormholes in SSX 4.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:22 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
oh god yes....i hated those stupid things...

it would be cool if they could make the mountain 360degrees then you wouldn't have to worry about wormholes at all...:yes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:24 pm  Post subject:   
Yup. And you did'nt have to use the boost either. :P

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:29 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
what do you mean?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:43 pm  Post subject:   
excuse my english.. i mean.. if the tracks would be 360 degrees, your boost is pointless. Or do u mean length?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:47 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
no...she means that they should put snow ans trees in the sides of the track...or something

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:14 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
like if the mountain was 360degrees around, then there technically won't be any out of bounds areas....meaning you couldn't jump outside of a course....you could but you would still be on the moutain, just outside the course, therefore making wormholes impossible...but a 360degree mountain leads to other problems, like could there be more than peak, etc. but it would eliminate wormwholes and more for one hell of a ride down the mountain.

Last edited by vix on Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:16 pm  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
vix wrote:
like if the mountain was 360degrees around, then there were technically be no out of bounds areas....meaning you couldn't jump outside of a course....you could but you would still be on the moutain, just outside the course, therefore making wormholes impossible...but a 360degree mountain leads to other problems, like could there be more than peak, etc. but it would eliminate wormwholes and more for one hell of a ride down the mountain.

that's my opinion too, in snow jam you can see some parts at the beggining!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:17 pm  Post subject:   
vix wrote:
like if the mountain was 360degrees around, then there were technically be no out of bounds areas....meaning you couldn't jump outside of a course....you could but you would still be on the moutain, just outside the course, therefore making wormholes impossible...but a 360degree mountain leads to other problems, like could there be more than peak, etc. but it would eliminate wormwholes and more for one hell of a ride down the mountain.

welcome to my Idea of last year.But still...BEST IDEA EVER

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:21 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
solid, something we AGREE on...:lol

Yeah, how cool would that be though to have a full mountain and not just the face....there could be tunnels and massive cliffs and chasms and lots of possibilities...:drool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:19 am  Post subject:   
Wohooo I like that idea! A COMPLETE mountain! More tracks = more fun!
No wormholes = double the fun!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:19 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
yeah, exactly....plus tunnels and bridges and huge jumps....that would be pretty fricken sweet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:38 am  Post subject:   
Yes... just imagine riding off the track... to another track.. woo awesome :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 12:21 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
it makes the trails endless from top to bottom, you could freeride everywhere! Though for events you'd have to stay in the track barrier, like you couldn't go to another track for a shortcut, you got find shortcuts in the track you are on. I think it would be neat!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:13 pm  Post subject:   
vix wrote:
it makes the trails endless from top to bottom, you could freeride everywhere! Though for events you'd have to stay in the track barrier, like you couldn't go to another track for a shortcut, you got find shortcuts in the track you are on. I think it would be neat!

agreed

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:06 am  Post subject:   
That would make everyone happy. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:10 am  Post subject:   
longtime lurker, first time poster...

i must say, i do love the series but i sorely miss the character interactions from tricky. that and i think they should bring back eddie, brodi, and possible marisol...i miss those guys!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:29 am  Post subject:   
I wish that they could replace the percentage count on the left side of the screen with a circular, rotation map at the bottom left of the screen (like Need For Speed Underground 2). But having the percentage count above of the map would be a good idea.

For a map in the game, its btter to show you what route your are on, where you can find shortcuts, where you can find and get mutipliers and score points throught-out the Freestyle tracks.

Another thing is that I want to put in the game of my own (also another idea of Need For Speed Underground 2) is to race an opponent in Freeride mode, Outrun.

In this game mode, you can either race your opponent 5000m ahead to beat him or gain 15,000 poins to win. Every time you beat your opponent, you gain $500 extra.

But hey, SSX4 is the from the same EA creators as in NFSU2.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:41 am  Post subject:   
vix wrote:
solid, something we AGREE on...:lol

Yeah, how cool would that be though to have a full mountain and not just the face....there could be tunnels and massive cliffs and chasms and lots of possibilities...:drool

I don't know if this has been suggested yet (and I'm sure you all will let me know if it has), but. . .

When I'm not playing SSX, I'm usually playing SimCity. For the 4th edition, the creators put a detailed map of the world online, allowing you to use actual, real world terrain for your cities. I was thinking that the same thing would be kinda cool for SSX 4, actually racing down Mt. Everest or Kilimanjaro (forgive the spelling) or any other mountain.

Regardless of whether or not they use that, I think EA would do well with taking on a model similar to what the Sims has done. Sell the basic SSX4 game, but then come out with whole new mountains every year or so. Of course, that would depends on the next generation of consols, whether or not there'd be an ability to "install" a game onto the machine (sort of like a basic computer, which I don't think would be a bad idea).

Of course, I would accept there being absolutely nothing new if they'd just be able to get rid of these goddamn wormholes and rail glitches that are ruining the scoreboards for these games. I just hit 9:11 on Peak 1. Is it good, is it even tolerable? Who knows because of these assholes and their wormholes.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:07 pm  Post subject:   
Well my biggest beef with ssx 3 is that Zoe sounds waaaaaaayyy to much like Griff, so they'd better fix that. And it would be nice to have alot more actual interaction, because the messages began sounding exactly the same around halfway through peak 1. And I would love to see an almost RPG-ish lodge/village/whatever. Oh, and make it rated T so we can have some more violence, and so Zoe can stop saying "Dagnabit!", thereby making me laugh and crash, thereby ruining my run. Plus we could have more interesting bolt-ons if it was T. How awesome would it be to give Psymon a chainsaw? Surely that's worth a few little kids not being allowed to buy it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:35 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: Eviltim1700
vix wrote:
like if the mountain was 360degrees around, then there technically won't be any out of bounds areas....meaning you couldn't jump outside of a course....you could but you would still be on the moutain, just outside the course, therefore making wormholes impossible...but a 360degree mountain leads to other problems, like could there be more than peak, etc. but it would eliminate wormwholes and more for one hell of a ride down the mountain.

I just read it...

In hindsight, a 360 degree mountain would get rid of wormholes. But in SSX 3, there were many wormholes involving falling straight through the snow (or water), so it wouldn't be an absolute fix.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:22 pm  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
i think it could work because if you feel through the courses this time, you'd get stuck "in" the mountain and you would most likely be reset...

at least that's what i'm thinkin...

it could be programmed in, a certain "altitude" below the playing surface would force an automatic reset to where you left the surface....

to avoid the water, it wold have to be made solid underneath though are are tons of ideas and suggestions that could be used to get rid of wormholes...

so it's all up in the air and in ea's court, :lol

Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 26 of 28 [ 691 posts ]  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28