Forum for serious non-SSX discussion. Forum is strictly moderated.
Post a reply

Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:45 pm

For anyone that is interested, R* will be premiering a trailer of GTA IV this week.

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/

It comes with the tagline:

"Things will be different"

I have some theories on what they might show...here's the quote from my gamespot post:

It was announced a while back that there will be a GTA IV trailer on March 29th at 6pm EST.

I was thinking about what R* could possibly do...

And since this IS R* we're talking about....

Theory 1: There's about 30 seconds or so of footage from all the old gta games. Then this giant IV flashes on the screen and then a date with the "don't miss out, preorder yours now" line and that's the end of the trailer.

Theory 2: Same as above minus the old footage, it's just a black screen with an IV on it.

Theory 3: We get an uber brief shot of one character that ignites the internet with "is it the main character? why is it X gender? why is is X race? zomg!"

What I would ideally love to happen....

We get to see real footage of the game, not rendered, real time in game footage. We get to see the graphics, the setting of the game, and the name and face of the main character.

---

Anyone as interested in this as I am?

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:07 pm

:woot :woot

I hope that iv has animals. *Imagines a horse jacking*

Fuel??? Get half way through a mission and realise you forgot to fill up.

An evan bigger game area?

and so much more.

I cant wait. :woot :woot

Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:31 pm

If they put fuel in it, that will be almost as lame as eating, working out, girlfriends, haircuts and all that other crap in SA.

And I doubt there will ever be animals in GTA. It's bad enough Jack Thompson has a stick shoved so far up his ass about GTA, the don't need PETA there too and even more soccer moms.

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:10 pm

I hope that iv has animals. *Imagines a horse jacking*

Oh god. :heh :heh :heh GTA could have a field day with that. GTA 1800's. :heh And seeing that it's Rated M it could mean more than one thing. :eek

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:29 pm

Yeah, but a gta 1800's would mean you'd be able to fire your weapon once every 5 minutes or so. :lol

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:37 pm

OMG!!! A NEW GTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess what I'm going to do THIS time...RUN AROUND A LARGE GENERIC CITY DOING A BUNCH OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES! IT'S GONNA RUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE!

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:00 pm

alpmaster wrote:OMG!!! A NEW GTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess what I'm going to do THIS time...RUN AROUND A LARGE GENERIC CITY DOING A BUNCH OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES! IT'S GONNA RUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE!
:??? you don't play GTA for the story?

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:05 pm

alpmaster wrote:OMG!!! A NEW GTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess what I'm going to do THIS time...RUN AROUND A LARGE GENERIC CITY DOING A BUNCH OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES! IT'S GONNA RUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE!

Hey, cheer up, the main character might be white this time!

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:49 pm

Really?? That's kool. I don't like my coffee black.

I don't know how many puns that one line had, but there's gotta be at least 8...

Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:09 pm

:rolleyes you guys are so clever. :rolleyes

The same could be said about quite a few games now a days.

Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:38 pm

Here's an idea.

What if it's a chick?

:eek

Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:46 am

I thought that a while back...it would make picking up prostitutes a little more interesting. :lol I don't think that will happen either, the fembots will crawl out of the woodwork for that one...though they might actually support it if one of the side missions is to burn some bras.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:40 pm

Nobody is going to laugh at horse jacking? Alrite, i'll laugh for everyone else.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:39 pm

GTA 4: Bestiality Central :eek

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:08 pm

gta needs some snow.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:35 am

I agree with sajjetta

-Alex

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:48 am

I've always wanted snow. That would be awesome. Real seasons would be great. More cars too, like a snow plow. :lol Or a bigger combine.

Only 5 more hours!

Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:59 am

as long as its not like the last one, I'll be happy. I got fed up with sleep, eat, work out....when the hell do you get to play the game.

If it plays like 3 or vice city great.

as for the weather, seasons would be great. what if as well as weather; actual events happened like halloween and christmas..........and any chance of a mountian to snowboard down?!

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:00 pm

Bully had that, real seasons with holidays. During halloween everyone was walking around in costumes. Winter had jackets and bundled up NPC's while the summer had everyone in shorts and t's.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:40 pm

I think the server is farked...

Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:56 pm

holy s*it, if those are the in game graphics it looks fantastic :jawdrop

for those with dial up, here a piccy or 5

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:31 pm

Wow, it's insanely good looking.

I got the high res trailer off of gamespot. Very nice. I'll try and snag some screenies later on tonite.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:37 pm

The only thing that was weird was the cars... they weren't very smooth eh?

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:23 pm

I did notice that, like they had jaggies on the edges.

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:37 pm

Yeti wrote:as long as its not like the last one, I'll be happy. I got fed up with sleep, eat, work out....when the hell do you get to play the game.

If it plays like 3 or vice city great.

as for the weather, seasons would be great. what if as well as weather; actual events happened like halloween and christmas..........and any chance of a mountian to snowboard down?!

I was thinking of some kind ski resort but I didnt mention it as most people I know ridicule the Idea (I forgot this was an ssx website when I wrote the last post :rolleyes )

Where do you think the game is set. It looked like NY again to me.
Post a reply