Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:18 am  Post subject: Rectorator?  
There is a cheat code for SSX Tricky that lets you play as the "Rectorator". It says to set your World Circuit username to "RECOR" and it will replace your character with Rectorator, just like Mix Master Mike. The only problem is it doesn't work. I can't find any videos showing the code in action, but it is on every cheat code site. Is this some sort of joke I don't understand?

This has had me confused for years.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:47 am  Post subject: Re: Rectorator?  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I'm pretty sure this is a fake code from around the time of the release of SSX Tricky. It likely began on Gamefaqs and then was copied to other sites.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Rectorator?  
But there was a comment saying "It's interesting how developers can sneak in clever jokes" when describing the effects. I thought maybe it only affected the name of the player, but it wasn't even that. What is a Rectorator anyways? Searching the word by itself just brings up the cheat code. Perhaps certain versions won't accept it due to a bug.

Hold up, I have a demo disc with an SSX Tricky demo on it. I'll try it on there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 am  Post subject: Re: Rectorator?  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
goody_fyre11 wrote:
But there was a comment saying "It's interesting how developers can sneak in clever jokes" when describing the effects. I thought maybe it only affected the name of the player, but it wasn't even that. What is a Rectorator anyways? Searching the word by itself just brings up the cheat code. Perhaps certain versions won't accept it due to a bug.

Hold up, I have a demo disc with an SSX Tricky demo on it. I'll try it on there.

I have been around since SSX 1 in 2000, and I tried this code many times when Tricky came out in 2001. It is fake, and never panned out at all.

The code was originally on Gamefaqs and propagated from there - it has never worked as far as I can remember. Don't look too hard at it, cheat codes have a long life on the internet and a lot of sites will copy from another very easily. It doesn't make the code any more legitimate even if it's on multiple sites.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:55 am  Post subject: Re: Rectorator?  
PSN: jonipooon
Yeah, totally fake.

I'm also not exactly sure what the person behind this fake code meant with "Rectorator". But it's probably meant to be some sort of word-play with "Rectorate", meaning that you'd play as a "Rector" character - basically someone who is a leader of SSX and stands above all the normal competitors. My first thought goes to Steve Rechtschaffner, the real life creator of the game.

But it doesn't matter since it's all fake anyway.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]