Forum to discuss the fourth installment of the SSX series
Post a reply

Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:24 am

Gondee wrote:Sure, post updates for the FAQ if you'd like. I always appreciate it when people contribute stuff.

I've made a bunch of changes. They're available at http://www.gitorious.org/ssx-on-tour-faq/ssx-on-tour-faq/commits/master , you can see what I changed by clicking on each one. To view the whole file see http://www.gitorious.org/ssx-on-tour-faq/ssx-on-tour-faq/blobs/raw/HEAD/ssx_on_tour.txt , it'll complain it's too big to view in your browser so save or view in a text editor.
(How do people work on these FAQs?)

Here are my updates. I think they're worthwhile but it's totally up to Gondee and the will of the gods what happens to them.
  • Updates to on rail controls, records, making money advice.
  • Add In-game Tips section, add Controls "On a rail" section.
  • Details of Nitro reward; millions needed; typo; a record score.
  • Also get hype from escapes.
  • New section on "How to make money faster" This is the most significant one
  • Have to graduate from Novice to Amateur to get medal events.
  • 200 on The Charts. 7 levels of shred difficulty.
  • You only appear on The Charts after getting 1000 points.

The big remaining update I want to make is a section about skiing. As far as I can tell, none of the board press, the rail board press, and the Fast Rail Boardpress Trick work on skis. But you can repeatedly pivot, which not only keeps your combo going, but it adds to your combo.

Let me know what you think and how to proceed.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:06 pm

That's cool. Perhaps you could add a section about top scores/times, and the pseudo-tracks that were used for competition.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:39 am

Pseudo-tracks? What Are They?

Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:11 am

You're the first person to write updates for that guide in a long, long time. I couldn't get anyone to submit individual track guides for the OT FAQ, both because there were so many events and no one really liked OT and didn't play it that much. I remember that guide being a royal pain, so thanks for the updates.
Post a reply