Forum to discuss the fourth installment of the SSX series
Post a reply

Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:13 am

:dead :dead :dead

Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:14 am

That sucks really bad dude... did you accidentally cut your game off when it was saving?

Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:18 am

It must be that the character that is usually there has it's data corrupted. There's no turning back now, my friend. I am sorry for your loss.

I'll buy you a beer. :cheers:

Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:21 am

i dont know..the last time i played was last friday night and saturday my brother and his friend were playing two players on quickplay. Then i turn the game on and try to choose my file and it says damaged disk. I would choose the AUSTIN file but it is like 1% complete :heh. So i dont know what to do, i really dont feel like beating the game again.

Also, whats strange is when i go to quickplay you cant even choose any medal events..when i noticed that i knew something was fishy :???

So instead i just turned on ssx3 and hit 4.2mil on junction :heh

Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:25 am

u should make your brother and his friend beat the game for you.

have u tried entering the cheats!! BACKSTAGEPASS should unlock all the levels in quickplay.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:29 am

I feel sorry for you. It was lke the time when I was in New Orleans in Tony Hawk's Undeground 2 and then my data got corrupted. I screamed at the tv so loud.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:49 pm

Mother Fucker! I just had the same thing happen to my saved profile. This sucks!

Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:51 pm

Titan wrote:u should make your brother and his friend beat the game for you.

have u tried entering the cheats!! BACKSTAGEPASS should unlock all the levels in quickplay.

the backstagepass unlocks all the levels for quickplay except legendary BUT the events are not there..the medal events anyway.

the cash cheat, attribute cheat, and monster cheat are the only cheats that seems to work.

I have to beat the game again before i can do anything :(

Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:41 pm

We have lost a great CAC here... we will remember him as a hell good snowboarder/skier
Farewell! :cry

It happened to me too, O GOD HE WAS STILL YOUNG! :cry
Just became a pro :cry :cry

Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:12 pm

Lol. Austin was a great man.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:17 pm

There's one lesson we can learn I guess. Have 2 or even 3 copies of your game save (if you can)...

Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:22 pm

are 17 copies good enough? :heh

Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:25 pm

:heh Are you telling me you do have 17 of'em? :heh

2 or 3 are enough...

Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:31 pm

well what can i say! some guys think im crazy and others think im a lunatic!
I think im an evil genius bound to rule the earth oneday :heh

Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:36 pm

Infenyte wrote:I think im an evil genius bound to rule the earth oneday :heh

Maybe not the world, go rule holland with this guy.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:40 pm

archie wrote:
Infenyte wrote:I think im an evil genius bound to rule the earth oneday :heh

Maybe not the world, go rule holland with this guy.

:heh

well im at rank 94 now :woot!!!!

Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:56 pm

Dude that's amazing. Teach me. I'm ranked 0... :heh

What happened to your records btw?

Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:57 pm

No! ofcourse not i will never lower myself that much!
Im going to rule Holland with Mini-Me!

Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:38 pm

bakalhau wrote:Dude that's amazing. Teach me. I'm ranked 0... :heh

What happened to your records btw?

My whole file is corrupted so everything is gone. I'm gonna make copies of my file this time :yes

btw- this is the only game that i have ever seen that says damaged game on a file of the memory card..it is as if ssx on tour gave a virus to my memory card!!

Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:54 pm

The first step to avoid corruption is turning off that awful auto-save "feature". I would assume everyone turned it off after 10 minutes of playtime, but maybe they didn't know how. The more times the game writes to memory card, the higher the chance of corruption.

It also helps to have a backup, of course.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:20 pm

Sorry man. I lost all SSX3 data a little while back getting a "corrupt file" message during loadup. Also go this with Burnout3 where I lost everything on the card. Going right now to back-up On Tour.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:37 pm

How do I back-up my OT file?

Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:48 pm

Copy it to another memory card, or use a DexDrive or similar device to store your saves on your HDD.

Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:50 pm

That sucks... I don't have but 1 Mem card... :(

Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:52 pm

I recommend you buy another one if you have your PS2 game saves in high esteem.
Post a reply