Forum to discuss the fourth installment of the SSX series
Post a reply

Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:05 pm

Hey laidback, do you think you can post the titles of the shreds/metal events you've written guides for as soon as you can? I've been planning to go back and write some, but I don't want to write any repeats, so I'll wait for you to post yours up. Thanks!

Fri Nov 04, 2005 3:48 am

I have a request I'm hoping someone can fulfill - can they make a list of what boards which returning characters use?

I know Elise always uses the Team MFM snowboard, but I didn't have time to use the rest, and I can't find which skis kaori uses. I need someone who has 100% using skis. :)

Fri Nov 04, 2005 5:51 pm

I did a WTF Double Race Walkthrough. I'll also do the WTF slopestyle's later :).

Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:35 pm

Got it, thanks! :)

Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:57 am

Double posting to bump and say version 0.04 is out. I filled out the remaining system stuff and added a few guides from RE Virus and eviltim. Thanks fellas! :yes :notworthy

If you feel like you have something to contribute, please feel free to do so. I am always looking for submissions. :)

Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:26 am

I made a guide for roadkill box set race a while back and i didnt see it on there.

Just wanted to know if you got it?

Might make a few more tonight

Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:40 am

woot! im in the FAQ!!!

Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:10 pm

IceXtreme wrote:I made a guide for roadkill box set race a while back and i didnt see it on there.

Whoops, no I didn't. Did you e-mail it or PM it? And what it your e-mail name?

By all means, go ahead and submit whatever you like. I still need tons of stuff. (If LB doesn't send me his guide I'm gonna start going through and writing up quick shred guides for every one of them.)

Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:50 pm

gondee wrote:
IceXtreme wrote:I made a guide for roadkill box set race a while back and i didnt see it on there.

Whoops, no I didn't. Did you e-mail it or PM it? And what it your e-mail name?

By all means, go ahead and submit whatever you like. I still need tons of stuff. (If LB doesn't send me his guide I'm gonna start going through and writing up quick shred guides for every one of them.)

i sent it to you in a p.m.
My e-mail is grantdirtysouth@yahoo.com

i still have it in my sent files in my p.m. box so i will send it to you again maybe?

Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:47 pm

When will this be updated?

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:11 pm

:.MonsterTricky.: wrote:When will this be updated?

The more you contribute the sooner it will be updated.

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:16 pm

gondee wrote:

owned :heh j/k yeah i will try and make up a halfbanked and a between the sheets walkthrough tommorow...just been gettin home late and it takes me like an hr+ cuz my mind goes blank when writing it :heh

Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:57 am

IceXtreme wrote:
gondee wrote:

owned :heh

Uh, nooooooo...

He's just saying if I send in more stuff, there's a greater chance of it being updated.

Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:38 pm

hi. i want to try to make a similar map for ssx on tour... please: can anybody give me the correct connections of the tracks? i'm not very familiar with the game that much, so please help! i only need to know how and in which way the tracks (on tour) are connected... ;) </dan>

this is the old one for comparison: Image

Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:41 pm

I think this may be a bit harder than it was for OT... but good luck on it!

Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:35 pm

:.MonsterTricky.: wrote:
IceXtreme wrote:
gondee wrote:

Uh, nooooooo...

He's just saying if I send in more stuff, there's a greater chance of it being updated.

Do you like taking what people say out of context by deleting the "j/k" he said one letter after that...?

Here you go Dan:
The Peak, which isn't an official track goes behind Between the Sheets and Hot Dam. Both of those track converge back to Mind the Gap. After Mind the Gap there is a split between Half Banked and Compilation which meets back up at Wild Tree Fun. Wild Tree Fun seperates into Roadkill and B&E which meet up at the last track of Last Call.
The other side of the mountain starts with On the Rocks and splits into Son of a Birch and White Knuckles. Those two come back together into Higher Learning which also splits into B&E and Roadkill :).

Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:15 pm

eviltim wrote:
:.MonsterTricky.: wrote:
IceXtreme wrote:
gondee wrote:

Uh, nooooooo...

Do you like taking what people say out of context by deleting the "j/k" he said one letter after that...?

No...actually I didn't even notice that.

Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:07 pm

Was definitely a joke Monster dont take it the wrong way man :yes

Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:24 pm

I made a super-duper-leetsome ASCII art map as a reference for myself:

Code:
BTS   HD       OTR
MTG  Comp   SOB WK
HB             HL
    WTF  B&E
  RK
     LC

Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:47 pm

Let's see...in my mind at first glance that translates to:

Backturned Stance, Hard Drive, OTR
Meeting, Competition, Son of a Bitch, Witch King
Half Back, Half Life
What the Fuck, Breaking and Entering
Right Kick
Long Crouch :heh

Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:30 pm

:lol :heh

Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:06 am

gondee wrote:Let's see...in my mind at first glance that translates to:

Backturned Stance, Hard Drive, OTR
Meeting, Competition, Son of a Bitch, Witch King
Half Back, Half Life
What the Fuck, Breaking and Entering
Right Kick
Long Crouch :heh

:eek :heh

Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:01 pm

gondee wrote:Witch King

He willd forever be imprinted in your mind, won't he :heh ;P?

Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:05 am

Okay, guide updated!

I still need like a billion guides, the submissions just aren't coming in, so it looks like I'm writing this one myself. If you've thought about submitting stuff, please do so. As this guide is larger than even SSX 3 cuz there are over 200 formal "events" to write about.

Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:30 am

Since there are so many medal events (some of them are even the exact same courses but with slightly different time), why not just make one guide for each individual track? That way there would be 26 guides instead of 45, and all of them would be much shorter. It would reduce the FAQ's size by at least 30%.
Post a reply