Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/gravitud/public_html/ssx_forum/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 626
The Gravitude Bar • View topic - President for U.S 04
Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:04 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister
 



Post new topic Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Who do you want to win?
Kerry 54%  54%  [ 26 ]
Bush 46%  46%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 48
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:56 am  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:55 am
Rank: Master
PD~ wrote:
I love how people who don't know politics or don't have facts will vote for Kerry. It's true what the media has been saying, Kerry is the lazy man's leader. I don't think people who want Kerry just because they don't want Bush realize the economic and political suicide that will come of it.


You keep saying that - where's your crystal ball, or tea leaves or I-ching revealing this to you?

Nobody can accurately predict how the economy would respond to anything Kerry would try to get through Congress (which may be the hardest part, since most indicators show the Republicans maintaining control of the House and 50-50 chance of the same in the Senate). So please, do us both a favor and lay this to rest.

Quote:
Even a significant percentage of democrats don't want him in. People, Bush is not doing that badly. His economy is steadily rising and he's keeping taxes low,


This won't last unless he starts controlling his spending habits. The economy is still sluggish, and the jobs being created are paying less than the ones lost. We're maybe one or two terrorist strikes from becoming a police state.

The politics of fear have to end. Bush's administraton doesn't seem to mind. Kerry's? I doubt his would mind either. Fear gives them the power to further spy on and restrict Americans.

Quote:
plus other nations have dismantled weapons over to us and he liberated a country by capturing a world-threatening leader, plus Bin Ladin will pop up in our custody soon (you watch).


My choice for the "October surprise". Assuming we don't lose Afghanistan entirely.

Afghanistan could implode @ CNN

Quote:
Well over half the country is in support of the job Bush has done.


According to the last Gallup survey 47 % approve, 49% disapprove.

Link

Quote:
And let's even be realisitic, he's going to be re-elected by probably a significantly large margin, so get used to him, folks.


I doubt the margin will be as large as you expect, either way it goes.

Quote:
He's doing a really nice job... not great, but not a bad one.


He's not the President we need in office right now. Then again, neither is Kerry.

Quote:
You're probably not going to see a democrat in office for the next 16-20 years. Of course that's just an educated guess, but the country is swinging conservative and rapidly. Thank goodness, too.


Ummm... more hyperbole? I don't see how the country is swinging in either direction. Unless you count swirling in circles the way water goes down a toilet does as swinging...

_________________
Gondor has no sig.
Gondor needs no sig.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:23 am  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Atlanta, GA
I don't need a crystal ball, mrmarcus, I just listen to all of Kerry's proposals. Normally a candidate will come out and tell the American people what they want to hear, but Kerry has decided to do just the opposite with his massive tax proposals and gas increases. He's also wanting to increase minimum wages, but what he isn't telling you is that inflation will have kicked in long before he could ever do that.

The spending habits of Bush aren't as dramatic as they were say 6 months ago. The economy is just fine. Everyone tries to harp on the "Bush economy." Well, there's nothing really to harp on if you check the numbers. Besides, if you haven't noticed, we're still in a war, hence the spending.

Also, how ironic is it that on the day of the post-convention bounce for Kerry that the Bush administration drops big time information about our intelligence and how it has to do with future attacks against the nation? Oh, by the way, only a 2 point bounce for Kerry, the smallest in 30 years. Recent polls still have Bush 49% to Kerry's 46%. What does this mean? It means that Kerry's in deep shit because if he's not leading after his convention, just think what the republican convention is going to do to him. I truely, truely believe the margin will be as large as I think it will be... Bush the winner, of course.

Your "Gallup" survey is almost a month behind. Check the post-convention numbers. The point I was making about the approval rating anyway isn't so much that Bush is over 50%, it's that the convention actually hurt Kerry, and that NEVER happens. It's actually humerous.

Bush IS the president we need in office right now. I think it rubs people the wrong way that Bush is comfortable in his own skin and also that he's extremely smug. There's nothing wrong with a laid-back sense of humor when addressing the nation on not-so-serious issues. He makes me feel extremely relaxed and not edgy, and then when he stands up and says we're going to kick terrorist ass, I throw a fist in the air and yell, "DAMN RIGHT!!" I also find it funny that people want Bush out of there because of the entire war situation. People, Kerry voted for the war, too. Hell, he's a crazy war veteran himself. And if you didn't listen to him and Edwards speak over the last week, they want to keep on attacking terrorist groups as well, so even if Kerry does take office, nothing is really going to change as far as the war is concerned.

No hyperbole about my assumptions over the next 20 years, mrmarcus. The country doesn't swing one way or the other very often, in fact hardly ever. There's always been the old saying that 40% is conservative and 40% is liberal, it's what the other 20% are that make the country go one way or the other. I don't think that's the case anymore. I think this country is 50% conservative AT LEAST. Then people want to talk about the 18-25 vote being very liberal. Well, in a recent Georgia poll of all colleges in Georgia, students in the 18-25 range proved to be 74% conservative. That's an astoundingly high percentage for 150,000+ votes. It does make me feel good, too.

By the way, does anyone besides me think that Edwards and Kerry might be sleeping together? They're a little too comfortable around each other.

_________________
"I'm the bullet crack in your diamond pimp cup."

Image
PD~


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:10 pm  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:55 am
Rank: Master
PD~ wrote:
I don't need a crystal ball, mrmarcus, I just listen to all of Kerry's proposals. Normally a candidate will come out and tell the American people what they want to hear, but Kerry has decided to do just the opposite with his massive tax proposals and gas increases. He's also wanting to increase minimum wages, but what he isn't telling you is that inflation will have kicked in long before he could ever do that.


Pray tell, what "massive tax proposals" are those? The rollback on the tax cuts to the top 1%? The closing of corporate tax loopholes? Removing offshore tax haven protections?

And I have yet to read or hear a single thing about this "massive gas tax increase" you keep referring to. Show me something solid.


Quote:
The spending habits of Bush aren't as dramatic as they were say 6 months ago. The economy is just fine. Everyone tries to harp on the "Bush economy." Well, there's nothing really to harp on if you check the numbers.


I have. The economy is still sluggish. Indicators, while up, are below what economists were hoping for. And if American incomes keep going down, there will be long-term repurcussions.

Quote:
Besides, if you haven't noticed, we're still in a war, hence the spending.


Funny. I don't remember a formal declaration of war being made by Congress against Iraq. Or Afghanistan.

And what will the administration do if Afghanistan falls back into Taliban hands because the interim government can't control the warlords like the Taliban could?


Quote:
Also, how ironic is it that on the day of the post-convention bounce for Kerry that the Bush administration drops big time information about our intelligence and how it has to do with future attacks against the nation? Oh, by the way, only a 2 point bounce for Kerry, the smallest in 30 years.


Probably indicitive of how little people care about the election right now.

Food for thought

Wonder if the Republican convention will get similar treatment from opposite stations.

Quote:
Recent polls still have Bush 49% to Kerry's 46%. What does this mean? It means that Kerry's in deep shit because if he's not leading after his convention, just think what the republican convention is going to do to him. I truely, truely believe the margin will be as large as I think it will be... Bush the winner, of course.


Give me a number, PD. 10 million votes? 20? 50?

Quote:
Bush IS the president we need in office right now. I think it rubs people the wrong way that Bush is comfortable in his own skin and also that he's extremely smug. There's nothing wrong with a laid-back sense of humor when addressing the nation on not-so-serious issues. He makes me feel extremely relaxed and not edgy, and then when he stands up and says we're going to kick terrorist ass, I throw a fist in the air and yell, "DAMN RIGHT!!"


I don't worry about him as much as the rest of his administration. There's a lot of information being hidden deliberately that doesn't need to be - one request for information from the Department of Justice under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act was denied because they were afraid releasing the information off of the hard disk would cause massive system failure and the information to be lost. Speaking as someone who handles that for a living this is bullshit plain and simple. If the system is that fragile to begin with WHY DOES IT HAVE THIS IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON IT IN THE FIRST PLACE???????

They still weave their message through a fog of fear, trying to make themselves out as the protectors of frightened America. The PATRIOT Act is a fraud, used more to attack non-terrorist domestic citizens than investigate terrorists. How long before they begin to try to micromanage American life?

There's a quote from Benjamin Franklin which is very appropriate for this day and age:
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. "

Quote:
I also find it funny that people want Bush out of there because of the entire war situation. People, Kerry voted for the war, too. Hell, he's a crazy war veteran himself. And if you didn't listen to him and Edwards speak over the last week, they want to keep on attacking terrorist groups as well, so even if Kerry does take office, nothing is really going to change as far as the war is concerned.


No it won't, because we're in too far to just pull out right now without causing the level of chaos going on in Afghanistan. But plans are being drawn up for going into the Sudan without worry about our overstretched military.

But... what if the Iraqi court finds Saddam innocent? Will the administration set him free or continue to hold him, completely undermining the autonomy of the new Iraqi government? Will the Ba'athists manage to get back into power through legitamate means?

Quote:
No hyperbole about my assumptions over the next 20 years, mrmarcus. The country doesn't swing one way or the other very often, in fact hardly ever. There's always been the old saying that 40% is conservative and 40% is liberal, it's what the other 20% are that make the country go one way or the other. I don't think that's the case anymore. I think this country is 50% conservative AT LEAST.


You automatically assume these people are mindless sheep who will vote for the candidate presented to them as the "conservative choice" without thought.


Quote:
Then people want to talk about the 18-25 vote being very liberal. Well, in a recent Georgia poll of all colleges in Georgia, students in the 18-25 range proved to be 74% conservative. That's an astoundingly high percentage for 150,000+ votes. It does make me feel good, too.


A poll I saw in the Virginia Tech Collegiate Times painted the ratio at 51 - 44 Liberal to Conservative with 5 percent not answering or "other".

Quote:
By the way, does anyone besides me think that Edwards and Kerry might be sleeping together? They're a little too comfortable around each other.


What does that matter? So. judging by that statement, you would never vote for anyone who was homosexual or bisexual despite their qualifications for office?

Right now, Bush has the next four months to prove his side to the people.

_________________
Gondor has no sig.
Gondor needs no sig.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:45 pm  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Atlanta, GA
John Kerry has proposed a $0.52 gas price increase because he wants to "encourage" car-pool plans. Also, he's using the increase as an excuse to the so-called destruction Bush has done to overseas trading of oil (which isn't true). Also, the rollback on the top 1% is bullshit because they pay for 90% of everything anyway. Just because someone makes a lot of money doesn't mean they should be penalized for it. Everyone should pay the same percentages. But back to what we're talking about, Kerry said he wants to help the middle-class people more with the taxes by increasing minimum wages, but what he didn't tell you is that in order to do so, he has to jack the tax percentages up. It's common economics, you can't raise minimum wage without inflating everything else. It's all correlated. Oh yeah, not to mention that Kerry said that's what he's going to do in some of his proposal speeches in the primaries.

The economy is not that sluggish. I think everyone got spoiled by the booming "dot com" and computer businesses that jacked Clinton's economy up. Ever since then, economists have expected too much. For being in a war, our economy is way above what it probably should be.

The president is commander and chief, he doesn't need congress to declare war. Besides, all of congress was for going into Afghanistan after the planes hit our buildings.

People care a lot about the election right now, they just don't care about Kerry.

The Repubilcan convention will get extremely higher ratings and ALL the big stations (unlike the Democratic convention) will show Bush speaking.

I'll give you a percentage number... 52% to 45%. That would be a blowout.

Politics play a tremendous role in the information the public is getting and when they get it. The Bush administration is just waiting for Kerry to talk about things so that they can rain on that parade (like the announcements made yesterday afternoon inflicting on Kerry's bounce). It sucks, but it's an electorial ploy.

Kerry is more dangerous than Bush when it comes to war tactics. He is an attack minded person, his voting record shows it and some of the things he hints at shows it. He'll bomb the hell out of people if he gets the chance to.

Saddam is done. Bin Ladin, too. Enough said about that.

Just because I feel the country is more conservative due to very recent polls doesn't mean that they'll automatically vote for Bush. I know some conservatives that won't vote for Kerry or Bush, they'll find a third party to vote for. So no, conservatives are not mindless sheep, they're smart sheep.

Well, that V-Tech poll that you saw shows more conservatives than liberals. Sounds good to me.

No, I would never vote for someone who was homosexual or bisexual despite their qualifications for office. I'm anti-gay marraige, anti-abortion, pro-life... I'm a republican. Besides, it's states in the qualifications for president that you have to be at least 35 years of age, you have to be a natural born American citizen, and you have to be married. Since gay marraige isn't nationally accepted, it wouldn't matter anyway. Besides, a very small percentage of people actually accept homosexuality as being okay or even being comfortable with it. I'm sure not too many people want to see their leader holding another man's hand.

_________________
"I'm the bullet crack in your diamond pimp cup."

Image
PD~


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:12 am  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:55 am
Rank: Master
PD~ wrote:
John Kerry has proposed a $0.52 gas price increase because he wants to "encourage" car-pool plans. Also, he's using the increase as an excuse to the so-called destruction Bush has done to overseas trading of oil (which isn't true).


Election-year FUD. We both know that.


Quote:
Also, the rollback on the top 1% is bullshit because they pay for 90% of everything anyway. Just because someone makes a lot of money doesn't mean they should be penalized for it. Everyone should pay the same percentages.


Agreed. It doesn't change the fact that most of the top 1% pay very little in taxes due to loopholes and tax dodges. Seven of the top ten American companies paid nothing in federal taxes because of the tax laws.

However, until the tax code is simplified and the tax rate flattened that won't happen. Like I've said before, I'm in favor of a hard flat tax rate. Make it simple, make it fair for everyone.


Quote:
But back to what we're talking about, Kerry said he wants to help the middle-class people more with the taxes by increasing minimum wages, but what he didn't tell you is that in order to do so, he has to jack the tax percentages up. It's common economics, you can't raise minimum wage without inflating everything else. It's all correlated. Oh yeah, not to mention that Kerry said that's what he's going to do in some of his proposal speeches in the primaries.


Pandering to the disenchanted masses is what it is. I'm well aware of the effects of minimum wage inflation on products; the counter-argument being most companies using minimum wage workers are beginning to cut their hours back in a direct copy of Wal-Mart's corporate policy. Which puts a lot of strain on public safety-net programs.

Results of a UC Berkely labor study into Wal-Mart

This is the largest employer in the United States, and becoming the model grocery stores and other lowest-tier service chains are beginning to do. It bothers me more that a multi-billion dollar corporation refuses to pay its employees enough to meet basic living standards making the taxpayer supplement.

But I imagine you'll blame government welfare for making sure these hardworking people can have a roof over their heads and food on their plates.

Quote:
The economy is not that sluggish. I think everyone got spoiled by the booming "dot com" and computer businesses that jacked Clinton's economy up. Ever since then, economists have expected too much. For being in a war, our economy is way above what it probably should be.


We don't have any models to compare against unfortunately.


Quote:
The president is commander and chief, he doesn't need congress to declare war.


Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the US Constitution.

"The Congress shall have the Power To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water; "


Quote:
Besides, all of congress was for going into Afghanistan after the planes hit our buildings.


Afghanistan, not Iraq.


Quote:
People care a lot about the election right now, they just don't care about Kerry.

The Repubilcan convention will get extremely higher ratings and ALL the big stations (unlike the Democratic convention) will show Bush speaking.


What will happen is the Republican convention will get the same treatment from CNN that the Democratic convention got from FOX News.

So much for the fair and impartial media, eh? Someone could make money if they came up with a news channel that just reported things instead of doing lots of spin jobs.

Quote:
I'll give you a percentage number... 52% to 45%. That would be a blowout.


1996 - Clinton defeats Dole 49% - 41%
1988 - Bush defeats Dukakis 53% - 46%
1984 - Reagan defeats Mondale 59% - 40%
1972 - Nixon defeats McGovern 61% - 37%
1964 - LBJ defeats Goldwater 61% - 39%

I dobut we'll see a true blowout in this day and age.

(Data gatheres from Dave Leip's Atlas of US Presidential Elections

Quote:
olitics play a tremendous role in the information the public is getting and when they get it. The Bush administration is just waiting for Kerry to talk about things so that they can rain on that parade (like the announcements made yesterday afternoon inflicting on Kerry's bounce). It sucks, but it's an electorial ploy.


Yes, it does suck. But it's no excuse to get around the laws when it doesn't involve electoral politics.

It also shows a level of concern. If Rove's campaign tactics involve a lot of one-upsmanship, it runs the risk of backfiring.

Quote:
Kerry is more dangerous than Bush when it comes to war tactics. He is an attack minded person, his voting record shows it and some of the things he hints at shows it. He'll bomb the hell out of people if he gets the chance to.


Strange - you applaud Bush for "going in and kicking ass" yet bemoan Kerry for the same.

Quote:
Saddam is done. Bin Ladin, too. Enough said about that.


Can't count them out until their corpse is in the dirt. And what's to keep bin Laden from resurfacing if the Taliban (who is very pro-al Quaeda and probably more so since their initial ouster) reate Afghanistan?

Quote:
Just because I feel the country is more conservative due to very recent polls doesn't mean that they'll automatically vote for Bush. I know some conservatives that won't vote for Kerry or Bush, they'll find a third party to vote for. So no, conservatives are not mindless sheep, they're smart sheep.


Smart sheep. :heh The visual of a classroom full of sheep I found amusing.

Quote:
Well, that V-Tech poll that you saw shows more conservatives than liberals. Sounds good to me.
Quote:

How is 51% Liberal vs. 44% Conservative more conservatives than liberals? It's called coffee. Have a cup or two. :)

Quote:
No, I would never vote for someone who was homosexual or bisexual despite their qualifications for office. I'm anti-gay marraige, anti-abortion, pro-life... I'm a republican. Besides, it's states in the qualifications for president that you have to be at least 35 years of age, you have to be a natural born American citizen, and you have to be married.


You don't have to be married. James Buchanan (15th President) was a bachelor. I think it's just been so long since a bachelor ran for President that's been thought of as de facto qualification even though nothing in the Constitution states such.

Quote:
Since gay marraige isn't nationally accepted, it wouldn't matter anyway. Besides, a very small percentage of people actually accept homosexuality as being okay or even being comfortable with it. I'm sure not too many people want to see their leader holding another man's hand.


So, I guess you fear every candidate that engages in a handshake? :heh

Ok, I know what you mean, put the tar and feathers away. Couldn't resist.

_________________
Gondor has no sig.
Gondor needs no sig.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:08 am  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Quote:
The president is commander and chief, he doesn't need congress to declare war.


Article I, Section 8, Clause 11 of the US Constitution.

"The Congress shall have the Power To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water; "


Yes, I'm well aware that Congress has the power, but that's not what I was getting at. I said the president doesn't need congress to declare war himself.

Quote:
Quote:
Besides, all of congress was for going into Afghanistan after the planes hit our buildings.


Afghanistan, not Iraq.


Ehhh, that's what I said. The Iraq situation was entirely different and it's not like Congress wasn't for it, they really weren't given a choice in the matter, but they were behind the president once declaration was made.

Quote:
What will happen is the Republican convention will get the same treatment from CNN that the Democratic convention got from FOX News.

So much for the fair and impartial media, eh? Someone could make money if they came up with a news channel that just reported things instead of doing lots of spin jobs.


Actually, CNN was Kerry bashing during his convention as well. And before people hate on FOX, what you have to pick up on is that they don't "spin job" you, all they do is ask questions and then the people they ask the questions to get themselves in trouble, specifically democrats because democrats are well known for never answering a tough question directly, instead they stray onto something else because they know they don't have an answer or a good answer at that to the question at hand, and that's why they don't like dealing with FOX. FOX will ask the same questions to the republicans, the only difference is the republicans will answer those questions with confidence and it will appear as if though FOX is just sucking up to them, and I really don't believe that is the case. In fact, more than half the employers of FOX are liberal (i.e. Shep Smith, Gretta, Colmes, Britt Hume)... even O'Reilley is libertarian.

Quote:
1996 - Clinton defeats Dole 49% - 41%
1988 - Bush defeats Dukakis 53% - 46%
1984 - Reagan defeats Mondale 59% - 40%
1972 - Nixon defeats McGovern 61% - 37%
1964 - LBJ defeats Goldwater 61% - 39%

I dobut we'll see a true blowout in this day and age.


So what these numbers tell me is that elections are becoming closer and closer with each one, which is why I considered the numbers I guessed will happen would be considered a blowout.

Quote:
Strange - you applaud Bush for "going in and kicking ass" yet bemoan Kerry for the same.


No, if you forgot why I even brought that point up is because I was shunning the people who are backing Kerry because they are against Bush and the war. Kerry is going to do the same thing. You say it's because we're in too deep, but Kerry voted for the war to start with, so he would have done the same thing if he were in office then. So again, no I'm not getting on Kerry for his mentality because I'm for the war myself, I'm getting on the people who want Kerry so badly just because of the war issue.

Quote:
How is 51% Liberal vs. 44% Conservative more conservatives than liberals? It's called coffee. Have a cup or two. Grin


Yeah, sorry about that. Damn Virginians. :frusty

Quote:
You don't have to be married. James Buchanan (15th President) was a bachelor. I think it's just been so long since a bachelor ran for President that's been thought of as de facto qualification even though nothing in the Constitution states such.


Well, I'm not big on my early American history, and maybe it wasn't a law then or maybe he found a way around it, but I do know that now you have to be married.

_________________
"I'm the bullet crack in your diamond pimp cup."

Image
PD~


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:46 am  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:55 am
Rank: Master
PD~ wrote:
Yes, I'm well aware that Congress has the power, but that's not what I was getting at. I said the president doesn't need congress to declare war himself.


But it would be nice to see a President remember the process for once.

Quote:
Ehhh, that's what I said. The Iraq situation was entirely different and it's not like Congress wasn't for it, they really weren't given a choice in the matter, but they were behind the president once declaration was made.


Perhaps, but there is a degree of war fatigue setting in and we haven't made any significant advances in Iraq for some time. People still expect results, and they have stopped coming. At least the resistance wasn't dumb enough to go after Powell.


Quote:

Actually, CNN was Kerry bashing during his convention as well. And before people hate on FOX, what you have to pick up on is that they don't "spin job" you, all they do is ask questions and then the people they ask the questions to get themselves in trouble, specifically democrats because democrats are well known for never answering a tough question directly, instead they stray onto something else because they know they don't have an answer or a good answer at that to the question at hand, and that's why they don't like dealing with FOX. FOX will ask the same questions to the republicans, the only difference is the republicans will answer those questions with confidence and it will appear as if though FOX is just sucking up to them, and I really don't believe that is the case. In fact, more than half the employers of FOX are liberal (i.e. Shep Smith, Gretta, Colmes, Britt Hume)... even O'Reilley is libertarian.


I'll have to take your word for that - I stopped watching FOX / CNN / MSNBC a few years back.




Quote:
So what these numbers tell me is that elections are becoming closer and closer with each one, which is why I considered the numbers I guessed will happen would be considered a blowout.


7%? Not hardly a blowout.


Quote:
No, if you forgot why I even brought that point up is because I was shunning the people who are backing Kerry because they are against Bush and the war. Kerry is going to do the same thing. You say it's because we're in too deep, but Kerry voted for the war to start with, so he would have done the same thing if he were in office then. So again, no I'm not getting on Kerry for his mentality because I'm for the war myself, I'm getting on the people who want Kerry so badly just because of the war issue.


Fair enough. The "in too deep" is my personal opinion. The only thing a total pullout would cause is a massive civil war in Iraq.


Quote:

Yeah, sorry about that. Damn Virginians. :frusty


Keep in mind VT is not exactly the conservative stronghold a good portion of the Eastern seaboard and Southwest Virginia is. A Democratic presidental candidate has carried the whole state since LBJ in '64.


Quote:

Well, I'm not big on my early American history, and maybe it wasn't a law then or maybe he found a way around it, but I do know that now you have to be married.


Nope. There is nothing that forbids single men (via bachelorism or being a widower) from running for President. The only requirements as listed in the Constitution are 35 years of age, natural-born citizen and resident in the country for at least the previous 14 years.

_________________
Gondor has no sig.
Gondor needs no sig.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:19 pm  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Nope. There is nothing that forbids single men (via bachelorism or being a widower) from running for President. The only requirements as listed in the Constitution are 35 years of age, natural-born citizen and resident in the country for at least the previous 14 years.


I researched it and you're correct. I'm not sure where I figured you had to be married, I might have just drawn that conclusion myself since all but 3 presidents have been married.

_________________
"I'm the bullet crack in your diamond pimp cup."

Image
PD~


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:29 pm  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:15 pm
Rank: Master
PSN: Eviltim1700
PD~ wrote:
Quote:
Nope. There is nothing that forbids single men (via bachelorism or being a widower) from running for President. The only requirements as listed in the Constitution are 35 years of age, natural-born citizen and resident in the country for at least the previous 14 years.


I researched it and you're correct. I'm not sure where I figured you had to be married, I might have just drawn that conclusion myself since all but 3 presidents have been married.


In school we were told that it was a requirement to be married to be in the presidential office. Maybe that was a different high position in government and I got confused.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:55 pm  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Atlanta, GA
I was thinking maybe I learned in high school as well, but if it's not correct, I don't think they'd teach it to you, that's why I thought maybe I just assumed it myself, but maybe I did hear it somewhere, I don't know.

_________________
"I'm the bullet crack in your diamond pimp cup."

Image
PD~


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:48 am  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:55 am
Rank: Master
Could be...

How terrible would it be if, in mid-campaign season, either Laura Bush or Teresa Kerry died in an accident and their husband had to drop out of the race because of such? The psychological effect would be terrible on the candidate. Losing their loved one and having that followed by their professional goal torn from them? I'd love to be the therapist there - client for life.

_________________
Gondor has no sig.
Gondor needs no sig.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:18 am  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Atlanta, GA
I think Kerry would already make a great client for life. :pimp

_________________
"I'm the bullet crack in your diamond pimp cup."

Image
PD~


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:33 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
User avatar
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:39 pm
Rank: Gravitude MVP
Location: Maryland
Image


thats bush for u :) :lol

_________________
Image

SSX3 Online Name = Xeleration


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:38 pm  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:18 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Definatly not in your house
LOL LOL LOL and more lol's thats a lmao picture nad

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:53 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Overall: #1
User avatar
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:21 am
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Overall: #1
  • SSX: Racing: #2
Rank: Master
nad416 wrote:
Image


thats bush for u :) :lol


Wow. So real! Not! You can tell it's customized because you can see the shade near the arm/White end of the book. :poke


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:14 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
User avatar
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 9:49 am
Rank: Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Location: P-Town in da NW
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I think that's supposed to be a joke, GMI, lol. Maybe you need a Sarcasm for Dummies book? :lol :poke

_________________
Image
Click to reveal hidden content: show
]Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:46 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Overall: #1
User avatar
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 9:21 am
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Overall: #1
  • SSX: Racing: #2
Rank: Master
lol. I know its kinda funny! :heh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:55 pm  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:06 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Wimbledon, UK
http://postarchives.entensity.net/081204/media.php?media=bush.wmv

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:19 am  Post subject:   
Master Codfish
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:24 pm
Rank: Master Codfish
Location: I really don't know anymore.
XBL: bakalhau90
PSN: bakalhau90
go KERRY. SMASH BUSH :yes :yes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:28 am  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Atlanta, GA
Image

_________________
"I'm the bullet crack in your diamond pimp cup."

Image
PD~


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:02 am  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:24 pm
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Rank: Clayman
Image


The pic of kerry has most likely been edited, his stance before he caught the football...the ball doesn't even have a shadow :heh


And ofcourse, football jocks are ALWAYS the smartest people in the crowd...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:20 am  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:06 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Wimbledon, UK
Heh, I think the point PD is making is that he can use fake pictures too :heh

In any case, my vid is real and does show that Bush really doesn't have a fucking clue.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:14 am  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:50 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Atlanta, GA
Actually, both pictures are real... and by the way, Kerry didn't make the catch, either. To be fair, it was thrown to him without him looking and he reacted too late. Anyway, that's not the point of the picture, it's just supposed to be humerous.

And Ouroboros, IF Bush has no clue as you say, then John Kerry REALLY has no clue. Besides, no one said you had to be as smart as Einstein to be president, it's all about leadership, which Bush shows. Bill Clinton was one of the smartest presidents we've ever had, but yet he turned out no better than Bush is now. It's not all about intelligence, it's about gut instincts, its about being a natural born leader, and if you recall the World Series game in 2001 where Bush threw out the first pitch at Yankee Stadium, that was one of the most heroic and gutsy moves I've ever witnessed (and before you rant about "what's the big deal about throwing a baseball off a mound", the game was almost not even played because we weren't sure if terrorists were planning to attack the stadium, and yet Bush stood out there all by himself, a target to anyone, and threw a perfect strike from the pitching rubber... oh, and for that matter, it wasn't like that pussy throw of John Kerry's at a Red Sox game earlier this year where he stood in front of the mound and STILL didn't reach the plate).

_________________
"I'm the bullet crack in your diamond pimp cup."

Image
PD~


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:35 am  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:48 pm
Rank: Camp Counselor of Gravitude
Location: EDEN PRIME
Ouroboros wrote:


this link takes u to a site that has a trojan!! :frusty

thats not so cool. :wink

just an fyi!! :cheers

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:47 am  Post subject:   
User avatar
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2003 3:06 pm
Rank: Master
Location: Wimbledon, UK
Sorry about that. Didn't notice because Firefox blocks that sort of thing :wink

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next


Jump to:  



Information
Page 8 of 9 [ 208 posts ]  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Show or Hide Information
cron


Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group