Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:56 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 229  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 1:39 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I don't think this will happen again, but if it does, let me know. I will move both files from my webspace to Merqurycity.com. It may be my page does have daily limits, but I think it's just that the website was down momentarily.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 2:40 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: Omoikane x8
gondee wrote:
I don't think this will happen again, but if it does, let me know. I will move both files from my webspace to Merqurycity.com. It may be my page does have daily limits, but I think it's just that the website was down momentarily.

gondee - I experienced the same problem with my ComCast webspace this morning. :mad I think it was just temporary as everything is back up and running again like normal now. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:08 pm  Post subject:   
Nice run Ettepet, from what I can recall my run is very similar although I don't think I got as low as 2:21. I think I probably only did just enough to get a platinum and then called it a day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:33 pm  Post subject:   
Thanks. Yes, the route is simple once you find it, but the bumps, obstacles and stuff make it more like a trail and error to get a super time. MC for example contains much more challenges for racers. The money aspect is fine though, that and hitting Psymon! :heh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:36 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
i finally got 2:20 on snow jam, but i could have gotten like 2:19 or 2:18 because i hit the log instead of grinding it (the the log and then the ramp- log that lead over a hump) i did it kinda like FBX's run (did it like that before i saw the vid) except in the beggining i grind the rails to the right......

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:33 pm  Post subject:   
pretty good alpmaster i just got 2:19 :cheers

One thing i missed though was towards the end u can take the out of bounds trail which leads u onto the rail running over the bridge. Instead of taking the rail the whole way u can slip of on to the rail running parrallel to the bridge im sure this would a cut a second or two off ur time.

anyway good work

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:01 pm  Post subject:   
Oh i forgot to say to silde from one rail to another tap x in the middle of first rail and this redirects you to the bridge rail (reminds me of a lever that changes train tracks) and before this u can jump on a blue rail to the right which avoids the camel backs and puts right into the out of bounds trail.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:56 pm  Post subject:   
Ok, if Gondee is good to me he'll post my new Happiness Race 2:32 video. 11 MB though

FBX - if you have time please have a look at my line and give some comments on where I might drop 2 seconds. I have NOOOO idea how you got 2:30 on that damn course. Congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:05 am  Post subject:   
Added a new MrKing run on Happiness of 2:32 - awesome vid! :yes :china

http://home.comcast.net/~chrismast/ssx3-232time.wmv

As always, all newly added movies are added to the list on the very first post of this topic. :china

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:05 am  Post subject:   
GREAT RUN, mrking!!! :strut :cheers :yes

It's always a joy to watch perfection, and in racing it tells you more than 3 FAQs could. Though some tips on what to do and what not to will remain helpful. :)

Finally racing is getting some serious coverage here, with movies for half of them! Hope ssx4ever will upload his 1:40 MC run soon, and that several out there can show some more mega-scores in trick-events.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:10 am  Post subject:   
mrking, that is a seriously good run. Congratulations dude :)

I've not tried to run Happiness, so I might be completely talking out of my arse, but to get those extra 2 seconds you really need to think about an uber strategy.

Normally I'd say try and time your nineth uber about a minute before your expected completion, but for a 2:30 min race you probably need to get "super uber" twice. So as a rule of thumb try getting uber 9 at 30 secs and uber 14 at 1:30. Not sure if this is even possible, but at least get it once, in which case it may not make too much difference when you get it as long as it's before 1:30. Hope this helps :)

Ettepet wrote:
Hope ssx4ever will upload his 1:40 MC run soon

It's encoded and I think ready to roll. I've pm'd gondee where to pick it up from my geocities account, but it's having bandwith problems at the moment :( That either means that it's stuffed and I might need to create a new account or gondee has recently downloaded it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:47 am  Post subject:   
Good idea about the SUPER UBER. I am just concerned that all the tricks will add to my time, which the SUPER UBER speed will knock off, then I am stuck with the same time. hehe :heh

I'll give it a go though.

As for tips for getting the most from a race, I recently found that when doing tricks it is best not to JUMP into them. By that I mean, hold down the prewind but do NOT let go and do a trick until you are already in the air. If you let go just before the end of the jump you get lots of height which increases your overall time in the race, but good for showoff. When you let go when you have passed over the apex and are in the air, you have more forward momentum instead of vertical/horizontal momentum. Thus allowing you to do tricks for speed boost but not adding to your time.

Does this make sense to anyone. :heh

hehe, check out my credits at the end of the vid. :heh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:59 am  Post subject:   
mrking wrote:
Does this make sense to anyone. :heh

Yeah, and getting the right bounces might do some good too. I'm going to try your run myself later today, and I'm expecting a lot of crashes into those trees you narrowly miss.. :heh :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:09 am  Post subject:   
very nice run king. you almost ate bark like 20 times! :heh

I think i might be able to break fbx's 2:30 with some of the ways you save time on your airs on the bottom of the mountain... and my upper half of the mountain is TOTALLY different from yours but i think could net me another second or two over your line. maybe :china ill have to try it out hehe. of course, trying to break cpd's 2:28? haha, yeah i think i'll strive to tie that for now, i dont see 2:27 in my future anytime soon :heh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:32 am  Post subject:   
Geezus, cpd's got 2:28?

***** *** **** ******** ******* **** ****** **********!!!

:heh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 9:32 am  Post subject:   
Ravage wrote:
very nice run king. you almost ate bark like 20 times! :heh

I think i might be able to break fbx's 2:30 with some of the ways you save time on your airs on the bottom of the mountain... and my upper half of the mountain is TOTALLY different from yours but i think could net me another second or two over your line. maybe :china ill have to try it out hehe. of course, trying to break cpd's 2:28? haha, yeah i think i'll strive to tie that for now, i dont see 2:27 in my future anytime soon :heh

What is your upper run like? Most curious.

I ask cause you have top score online..... :eek

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:26 am  Post subject:   
hehe. so far only one other person knows my upper line, and he's the one who raced against me when i set that record ;) Let's just say it's practically the complete opposite of your line :china

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:05 am  Post subject:   
Ravage wrote:
hehe. so far only one other person knows my upper line, and he's the one who raced against me when i set that record ;) Let's just say it's practically the complete opposite of your line :china

Do tell :yes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:53 am  Post subject:   
mrking wrote:
Do tell :yes

He'll probably be more helpfull through pm, since you helped him. I got a lot of feedback from several key players on the Throne-run, but I'm not so much of a competitor as you.. :heh

I think Ravage means you have to go pretty much right, instead of left. You could research this a bit, maybe with help from Gondee's FAQ. Then tape it and offer it to some for advice. I dunno. All people I talked to here were pretty nice folk, only most will not give away their most guarded secrets just like that, of course. :wink

Maybe form a pact, against the upcoming record sweep by FBX! lol :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:48 pm  Post subject:   
For any SSX newbies that don't know, ssx4ever is the only person every considered by the general consensus to be both skilled, and insane, enough to challenge any and all of FBX's times. I think this video proves it, easily. I've watched 5 times already, and you all need to think that I've seen every Master Run we've ever hosted first, and this is STILL one of the best videos I have ever seen. Many mad props, ssx4ever. Little army of chinese smilies - bow to ssx4ever!

:china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china :china

Go here for the movie:

http://home.comcast.net/~gondee/SSX3_-_ ... ty_140.zip

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:51 pm  Post subject:   
I've never seen you make so many typo's Gondee, the emotion must be really getting to ya! :wink

I can't wait till the download is finished... :yes
---

WHOW!!!!! :eek :eek :eek I'm speechless.. this is way beyond my comprehension to comment on, I wouldn't dare give a hint or tip.. lol :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:10 pm  Post subject:   
stupid work connection, download faster!!! :heh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:11 pm  Post subject:   
Ettepet wrote:
WHOW!!!!! :eek :eek :eek I'm speechless.. this is way beyond my comprehension to comment on, I wouldn't dare give a hint or tip.. lol :D

See? Told ya! :heh Very :pimp

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:14 pm  Post subject:   
gondee wrote:
See? Told ya! :heh Very :pimp

And FBX doesn't normally show this kind of stuff because there are people out there, apart from ssx4ever, that can copy this??? :eek :eek :wtf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:22 pm  Post subject:   
Surprisingly, yes. It wouldn't surprise me to see people putting lower 1:40 times here soon. A video opens all sorts of "A-ha!" moments that people didn't see before. That's FBX's greatest weapon - his ingenuity in discovering these shortcuts that no one else can. ssx4ever is generally the only one who has ever matched him in that regard.

But that may be a bit unfair - all the shortcuts on Metro City were previously known before this vid came out. But surprisingly there's a big gap between reading and using the info, and just being spoon-fed it like this. When a video comes out, it takes no work to copy it, and people can "resume" right where the person on the vid left off.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 229  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 5 of 229 [ 5722 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 229