Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:10 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 229  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:09 pm  Post subject: 2:01? your kidding!  
gondee's FAQ writer
Much respect to you ssx4ever! That is quite a run. I managed to get platinum, but nothing even close to that. Of course, when I hit the big jump towards the end and land in the same spot, hitting the air duct, it reset me too, i just never thought to play it out and see exactly where it reset me. Awesome job to be sure!
:)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 4:29 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: RmcAZ
happymachines wrote:
a big part of making the water tower faster is to go up on the fence. there is a very short pipe that will send you up to the fence; boost like a goose in heat once youre on the fence and lean left. if you do it correctly you can jump straight from the quarterpipe into the teleport, cutting out the process of planting and springing.

Hmm, I tried jumping right into it for awhile with no success. Off for more practice, I guess. :heh

Not sure where this "short pipe" is... care to elaborate? And by fence I assume you mean the billboards.

BTW, I just ran a 1:56 last night offline. :cheers However, online is a different story. It seems like I miss everything when trying to race online. Can't figure out why. :cry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:49 pm  Post subject:   
Umm, gondee, how much effort did you put in your Much2Much run? All your effort, or just a little? Because It took me an hour, but using all my effort, I busted 210,789, about 3,000 more than yours. Am I lucky, or could you get 225,000 but just showed an easier one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:53 pm  Post subject:   
I've gotten 225,000 before. The problem is you have to plan on recording the run before you do it, because those idiots at EA didnt put the points in replays.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:56 pm  Post subject:   
Man... I combo everything, I use high point ubers, But I can't get close to 225,000. What are you doing?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:01 pm  Post subject:   
Edged boarder2 wrote:
Man... I combo everything, I use high point ubers, But I can't get close to 225,000. What are you doing?

Monster tricks...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:14 pm  Post subject:   
That video he put up was just a tutorial and example of a platinum run.... he never said it was a master run, i think you will find his high score is now a lot greater then that... i'm happy with my 248000 :)

Monster tricks are one way, but holding the holds till the very last second counts, you can get 40,000 hold plus 16,000 style bonus if you get enough height on the last jump

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:18 pm  Post subject:   
If I can't play SSX 3 well, then my life's not worth living anymore.(Shoots himself in the head, falls down, and dies.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:28 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Edged boarder2 wrote:
Umm, gondee, how much effort did you put in your Much2Much run? All your effort, or just a little? Because It took me an hour, but using all my effort, I busted 210,789, about 3,000 more than yours. Am I lucky, or could you get 225,000 but just showed an easier one.

Try matching the 510K I have now and then we'll talk. :) It's just a tutorial vid.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:30 pm  Post subject:   
I'm screwed.(Kills himself a second time.)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:22 pm  Post subject: 510k!?!  
gondee's FAQ writer
Wow, good thing i am pretty ok at racing, because I am apparently really bad at freestyle! :) I just hit a little over 300k on crows nest, and I thought that was bragging material. Guess I have to get bigger air to stall my mts for even longer..... wow, gondee, that is amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:08 am  Post subject:   
by fence i do not mean billboards. i mean fence.

okay, you're coming down the course. on the left is the out of bounds that you would crash through and jump over the building. the course curves to the right which leads to the quarterpipe. between these (just to the right of the sign) is a very short yellow rail which will aim you onto the fence in front of it. boost on this fence to get enough speed and left-leaningness to jump straight from the quarterpipe into the teleporting beam.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 1:20 am  Post subject:   
Haha, I found it about an hour after I posted that. Thanks for confirming though. :)

I still find that the second warp only takes about 1-3 seconds off the time. I got a solid 1:56 with using only the first and third warps, and a 1:55 with using all three...

I haven't the slightest clue how to get less than about 1:52 though. :???

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 2:24 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:
I haven't the slightest clue how to get less than about 1:52 though.

you have to get the "good" teleports on numbers one and two and then nail the third and have an otherwise perfect run.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:13 pm  Post subject:   
Gondee, how do you get 510,000(What I think is 510k)? With monster tricks, I can only get 256,937. What are you doing?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 5:26 pm  Post subject:   
Cpd4224 wrote:
Quote:
I haven't the slightest clue how to get less than about 1:52 though.

you have to get the "good" teleports on numbers one and two and then nail the third and have an otherwise perfect run.

Yes, this makes sense for around a 1:50 sort of time. However, I am still completely baffled as to how FBX and some other people are getting less than 1:40. It just doesn't add up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:43 am  Post subject:   
510,000? 510,000!!!!? On Much 2 much!!!!?

Oh jeeeeez u must be some machine calculatin each and every second what you need to get a score like that, I assume you've already got it right?

If so much respect to u man,

Oh by the way, u must have been cursin yourself to death when you lost that first combo pool on Kick doubt, don't worry man, I feel your pain

Still a kick ass run though. :cheers

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 12:51 pm  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Quote:
Oh by the way, u must have been cursin yourself to death when you lost that first combo pool on Kick doubt, don't worry man, I feel your pain

Why does everybody think this was a screw up? :heh I let it go and got the points - I knew I couldn't keep a combo running through the whole thing so I got the points for the combo. :yes

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 1:11 pm  Post subject:   
Nice avator, Gondee.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 6:20 am  Post subject:   
Great runs guys..!
Hopefully the Metro City one by ssx4ever will help me getting my Platinum... :china

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:51 am  Post subject:   
SSX Blur: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #1
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #2
Should I go and record a Throne Race Master Run?

My best run so far is a 2:21 with a bad mistake. I'm not sure what I will be able to capture, but it's going to be a >2:25 at least =D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:27 am  Post subject:   
LLCoolDave wrote:
Should I go and record a Throne Race Master Run?

My best run so far is a 2:21 with a bad mistake. I'm not sure what I will be able to capture, but it's going to be a >2:25 at least =D

I'm already doing that. I got a recorded run of 2:21 with two falls and then some. :) It is highly educational.. :wink (will put it up shortly)

Trying for 2:17 or lower.. Beat me! :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 8:38 am  Post subject:   
SSX Blur: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #1
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #2
Meh, mind giving me a short breakdown of your line, I'm not sure if mine is the best, but this could get a 2:19 at least.

I'm not getting SUPER UBER either^^

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:28 am  Post subject:   
Keep it up guys, every video is highly appreciated..! :china

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:29 am  Post subject:   
I'm thinkin on M2M that you can only go down the course once to pick up as much points as you can, whereas on the other 2, they have pipe finishes so you can spend some extra time doin tricks,

(sigh) FBX, GONDEE, u guys are insanely good ok GOOD!!!

How, HOW and I say it again HOW!!! can anybody legitimately get that sick 500k+ SCORE!!!!!

This is a serious question, PLEASE! give me some tips I urgently need them,

not some real indepth descriptions just some hints. With the skills I got now I can only keep pushing up my score littler by littler While U 2 seem to be doublin my record over and over!

Come on just a little help? :(

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 229  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 3 of 229 [ 5722 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 229