Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:27 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Who do you want to win?
Kerry 54%  54%  [ 26 ]
Bush 46%  46%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 48
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:39 am  Post subject: President for U.S 04  
Gravitude MVP
After seein farenheit 9/11 I was wanting to make a poll about what all of you think or want which canadate to win the election for 2004. Voice ur opinions :cheers

SSX3 Online Name = Xeleration

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:31 am  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
im stickin with my homie Bush. just cuz there is this badass trance song with Bush vocals in the background. tight!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:33 am  Post subject:   
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
There should have been a neither and an other vote...I would have to go with neither of em...but that's just me. :china

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:54 am  Post subject:   
I'm with Vix here... Bush needs to be ousted and Kerry's entirely too dodgy to be trusted.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:38 am  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
DAMN i forgot the netural vote. sorry :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 3:39 pm  Post subject:   
A "neither" vote is not a good idea because let's face it, it's not like the Libertarian candidate or the Green Party candidate is going to be "The One." The United States is going to be run by either Bush or Kerry, so to say your choose neither is every bit the same as not even voting.

PD~

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:39 pm  Post subject:   
XBL: tk9077
PSN: tk102
I think I am going with Kerry, but I don't think neither should win.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 4:44 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
"either"...

My vote goes for Kerry...theres only Bush left, and he's a dumbass (i got my own view pd~ :heh), so it goes to kerry. He's not the best, and he isnt THAT great, but he's not the worse, and he's better than Bush thats for sure...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:56 pm  Post subject:   
As much as I hate his foreign policy, I'd have to go with Bush because of his economic policies. I'm a hardcore believer in capitalism in its rawest form, and I just can't support what Kerry wants to do to the economy.

They both suck, though.

I was having a discussion about this with a friend of mine a week ago. You know who would be a true American president that I could rally behind? George Carlin. He would fix this place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:21 am  Post subject:   
Problem is Bush's economic policies (directly traceable back to Reagn's supply-side economics which were a complete failure) aren't the panacea for the current slump.

Raw, pure capitalism would be better if the tax laws were fair - i.e. not there or flattened so EVERYONE pays the same percentage regardless of place on the social food chain.

It would help is Bush would acutally stop spending like he has been - I read in the WSJ he has not vetoed a single spending bill that has crossed his desk. Irresponsible, and not the sort of man you want in office facing the magnitude of deficit the US is at the current time.

Would Kerry be better? Doubtful. But in my eyes, Bush's term has been an absolute failure in the short-term and does not need to be rewarded with four more years.

And PD, please don't encourage people not to vote. Voter turnout sucks as is. If someone wants to vote a Green ticket, they do so knowing full well their candidates will likely lose but want to support their own. Ditto for Libertarians, Constitutionists, Communists, and others. I'd rather see 28 candidates getting .01% of the vote than all the votes going to the donkey and elephant. That's the true American spirit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:43 pm  Post subject:   
I'm not encouraging anyone not to vote, I was just using this poll as an example because they wanted to put a "neither" option. It's fine if you don't want to vote for either, but for the sake of this poll, choose one. I'm actually tremendously surprised so many people are choosing Kerry because let's face it, even his own party hates him. Not to mention his election is in the process of being sabotaged by surrounding democrats. The death of Reagan is also killing Kerry right now, not to mention Clinton's book. Keep in mind, the democratic party wants Hilary Clinton to run in 2008, but if Kerry is elected, she'll have to wait until 2012 because she can't run against an incumbant. As I've said many, many times, you can hate Bush all you want because you're right, he has overspent tremendously and even though I am for the war, I'm not too naive to think we've done everything correctly over there, but the economy is on a steady incline and taxes are benefitting middle class Americans a great deal more than democrats care to admit. If John Kerry is elected, it's suicide for this country. Our homeland security will go to the shits and the economy will fall with the rapid increase of taxes and gas prices, and the education system will falter more because of the money that will be spent towards the teachers' union allowing teachers to be "lazy" (and you all know that a lot of them are not qualified) and let kids get by with the minimal requirements rather than actually teaching them something. It's the people who "form their own opinions" that are blind to the "facts" that this country will come across once Kerry is elected. And Alpmaster, you're killing me with "Bush is a dumbass" crap. He doesn't pronounce big ass foreign words very well and he has a slow speech along with his Texan tone, but the man graduated one of the tops in his class from an Ivy League school. Now, unless you can do the same if not better, I'd rethink who I'm calling a dumbass. I can't believe you think Kerry would be better than Bush. QUOTE ME QUOTE ME QUOTE ME... I'm actually almost hoping Kerry will be elected just to prove to everyone what's going to happen... that's right, what IS going to happen (haven't you been listening to Kerry's speeches?). He's practically declaring war among his own nation AND he's the only man I've ever listened to who's a bigger liar than Al Gore.

PD~

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:40 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
pd~ for one THE ECONOMY IS ALREADY HORRIBLE THANKS TO BUSH :glare
bush is removing benifits for jobs :glare and when clinton was in office the economy was up and the crime down. IF kerry won the election he would have a damn hard time cleaning up all the shit Bush left. And the iraq war is bull shit too.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:11 pm  Post subject:   
PD~ wrote:
And Alpmaster, you're killing me with "Bush is a dumbass" crap. He doesn't pronounce big ass foreign words very well and he has a slow speech along with his Texan tone, but the man graduated one of the tops in his class from an Ivy League school.

bush graduated with a low C average

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:16 pm  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
EBT wrote:
PD~ wrote:
And Alpmaster, you're killing me with "Bush is a dumbass" crap. He doesn't pronounce big ass foreign words very well and he has a slow speech along with his Texan tone, but the man graduated one of the tops in his class from an Ivy League school.

bush graduated with a low C average

to both of you: prove it...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:30 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Bush IS a dumb ass :P all he does is go fishing and play golf HAHAHAHA what a great president he is :lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:35 pm  Post subject:   
nad416 wrote:
Bush IS a dumb ass :P all he does is go fishing and play golf HAHAHAHA what a great president he is :lol

All he does? Well, you just proved to us what you know (or don't know I should say).

And my bad on the "tops of his class" comment. His overall grades weren't great, average at best, but he did finish top 10% of his class in 2 different fields. Besides, I wouldn't mind getting wasted all the time in an Ivy League school and still make C's. I don't think you can be dumb to do that.

PD~

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:38 pm  Post subject:   
Clayman
"There is a saying in Tennessee, I think they have it in Texas too... 'Fool me twice... .... uhh.... uhhh... Don't fool me again!'" - George W. Bush

Real fact.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:39 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
well first of all pd~. Lets refer to the 2000 elections. Al gore WENT and served in the military while Bush had his daddy get him out cuz Bush is a wimp. Then all the fuckin judges on there were republican. AND it didnt hurt that much that his own brother was the governer of florida. HE STOLE THE ELECTION. its a bunch of bull shit. He doesnt know how to lead a country. A very very bad president he is. and he is spending on the god damn money on a stupid war. There is no point of that war. While in the US there is a big defisit :glare

Last edited by nad416 on Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:41 pm  Post subject:   
Clayman
BUT YOU CAN'T FOOL HIM AGAIN!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:42 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
LOL alpmaster that part of farenheit 9/11 was fuckin funny. LOLOL :lol :lol

and that proves how much of a dumb ass Bush is

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:07 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: DTT-Ninthpixel
I'm fully for Bush. I don't have all the facts you guys have, but I know a good president when I see one. I'm also for this war, because I know if there wasn't one then you guys would complaining why Bush didn't do anything to the terrorists. I believe Bush is doing a very good job, and I try not too bring down any president until I know that even I could of made a better decision. Kerry might be good, but what if he is not? I personally don't want to take the risk. Knowing my luck he'll be elected and his first order of business would be "Kill all the Christians." Then you'd really feel kinda dumb, because I'd no doubtfully be dead.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:11 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Kerry is no racist or whatever. Im christian too, but dont go to church. What makes u think like that aoso?

HA! Bush a good president hahaha thats the biggest bunch of bull shit

:yes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:32 pm  Post subject:   
PSN: DTT-Ninthpixel
You never know Nad. Things can change in a hurry. We aren't promised tomorrow. Bush isn't a bad president he is just a president in bad times. I'm for him even if he has made some bad decisions. He is only human if you didn't notice already. Kerry will make mistakes as well if he is elected. Either way if you're not happy with at least some of what Bush has done then there just is no pleasing you. If you think Bush is bad, then run for president. Show us how running a country is supposed to be done.
Quote:
Im christian too, but dont go to church.

Going to church doesn't make you a Christian. Just like going to the garage doesn't make you a car. I don't goto church either by the way, but I do attempt to hold the faith.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:38 pm  Post subject:   
I didn't vote because I think both are horrible. Bush because he is just plain stupid and only cares about wealth and oil. And Kerry has horrible pollicies.

Currently Playing

Socom 3: U.S. Navy Seals
Need for Speed: Most Wanted

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:42 pm  Post subject:   
SSX: Overall: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #1
  • SSX: Racing: #2
I do admit That the war is stupid. We should leave them there and let them eat eachother. :heh

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 9 [ 208 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9