Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:30 pm  Post subject: Magnets on the boards  
PSN: LIL-CRUZE-SJG
(I think this was brought up sometime ago, but I can't find the topic for it :heh)

So, as we all know at this point, most of the characters' uber tricks were changed to look slightly more realistic. If you noticed the gloves of the characters, you'd notice that there are orange tips on certain fingers of their gloves. So I'm assuming that there's some kind of magnetism thing involved that allows them to perform the uber tricks safely. What do you guys think?

Hmm. Two awards. Not bad for a relative lurker :p

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:23 am  Post subject: Re: Magnets on the boards  
PSN: Emu90
I discovered the best explanation for this is the simplest. It's been so obvious but we never took notice. SSX is a sci fi sports game. It plays in the future! It has always played in the future like 10-20 years from now. There are so many tools and technologies that the characters use that didn't even exist when the games were made. SSX has to be sci fi.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:47 am  Post subject: Re: Magnets on the boards  
PSN: jonipooon
TrickyEmu wrote:
I discovered the best explanation for this is the simplest. It's been so obvious but we never took notice. SSX is a sci fi sports game. It plays in the future! It has always played in the future like 10-20 years from now. There are so many tools and technologies that the characters use that didn't even exist when the games were made. SSX has to be sci fi.

Psymon was born in 1974 though, according to his profile in SSX 2012. So that means SSX Tricky took place in 2001, the same year in which the game was released.

I'd like to imagine that SSX takes place in an alternate reality where uber tricks are possible.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:17 am  Post subject: Re: Magnets on the boards  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
well i know for a fact there are magnets cause of those damn rails. they suck you in no matter what you do. There was another thing that i came up as a theory for how the tricks = boost system (i had a plan to do some sort of live gameplay/sfm montage video but sucked after i realized how bad i was at creating things.).

Basically their gloves. I was thinking theres some type of centrifugal generator where when you do flips and spins and stuff, it generates boost. then you point the hands behind you (as it is in the game) and you use the boost to go fasterrer. it also explains the way your hands light up and stuff when you get into tricky mode.

i dunno, i think up crazy stuff when i get really into games.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Magnets on the boards  
Can be true......
UnspecifiedMemoryPiercing Care

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]