Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Will a new SSX be announced this year?
Yes! 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Keep dreaming... 50%  50%  [ 5 ]
lol joni 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 10
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 9:17 am  Post subject: E3 2017 - The Thread  
PSN: jonipooon
E3 is coming in a little more than a month, June 13-15 to be exact.

- Which press conference are you looking forward to the most?
- What games are you most excited to hear about?
- What is your biggest wish reveal?

There's not much info yet, but I'm definitely looking forward to Bethesda's conference as always. Basically because I'm keeping my fingers for a teaser for a sixth game in The Elder Scrolls series. It's been freaking 6 years since Skyrim, and we know that they've been working on a sixth game for a little while now... So it would make sense if they drop a teaser trailer or something. If they do, I'll definitely have one of the happiest days of my life.

When it comes to confirmed titles, it would be cool to see some actual gameplay for Battlefront II - and I'd like to know how much content from the prequels we're actually getting. Hopefully we'll get actual campaigns and planets for this era, and not just some Darth Maul and Jango Fett skins to play around with in hero battles.

And finally, biggest wish reveal? Same as always. You know it and I know it. It's a fool's wish, but a new SSX would be... beyond glorious.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:20 am  Post subject: Re: E3 2017 - The Thread  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Let's see, I'm hoping we'll hear more about the new Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite game. Maybe a little more about the FF7 remake?

I'm hoping we'll get the new Horizon-type announcement to really blow the socks off of everyone.

If there's a new SSX announcement, boy, what a day that would be. :eek

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 12:14 am  Post subject: Re: E3 2017 - The Thread  
gondee wrote:
I'm hoping we'll get the new Horizon-type announcement to really blow the socks off of everyone.

If there's a new SSX announcement, boy, what a day that would be. :eek

Horizon never really got the attention it deserved until recently though, when people played it and actually realized what a ***** awesome game it is.

What are the chances for a new SSX though? :heh I'd say 1 %.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 5:24 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 2017 - The Thread  
Oh man, 1% would be generous I think. .01% :heh One in ten thousand.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:11 am  Post subject: Re: E3 2017 - The Thread  
So I've overheard the news that Bethesda will announce 2 new titles at their press conference. As I've said before, my biggest wish remains the same (TES 6). Unfortunately it seems more likely that the titles to-be-announced are the new BattleCry and the next Wolfenstein, games which I have zero interest in. There's also a possibility that The Evil Within 2 is one of the titles (which I would find very interesting), but that's also wishful thinking....

Damn you Bethesda, you are disappointing your fans.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:16 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 2017 - The Thread  
I voted yes, don't stop believing! :rock :rock :rock

Haha seriously though, every year EA announces their E3 lineup and there's always no feasible way there's room for SSX because it's chock full of dumb stuff I don't care about. This year is no different. I'm lucky not to be working during their presser, but do I really wanna sit through that mess just in case there's a "one more thing?" yes, yes i do.

As for the rest of E3, most of the games I'm excited for are two years out, so I don't expect much. TLoU Part II and Death Stranding trailers would be ideal. Maybe a KHIII release date? :heh Also, since WipEout Omega Collection comes out in two days it would be awesome if Sony announced some DLC at E3, but I don't think that'll happen as it's not a guaranteed heavy hitter.

So all that being said, I guess I'm most excited for Sony's. The rest I'll watch, but probably through Easy Allies because I need the commentary to get through it all. :heh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:39 am  Post subject: Re: E3 2017 - The Thread  
Oh yeah I totally forgot about Death Stranding, thanks for reminding me citylights. That one might actually be a reason for me to buy a PS4. :P

But to be honest if a new SSX was announced, and it was to be the exact same style as SSX 2012, I wouldn't get that excited to be honest. For me, a new SSX has to go back to the roots in order to earn my excitement.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:25 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 2017 - The Thread  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Jonipoon wrote:
But to be honest if a new SSX was announced, and it was to be the exact same style as SSX 2012, I wouldn't get that excited to be honest. For me, a new SSX has to go back to the roots in order to earn my excitement.

To be honest Id take anything I could Play on PS4 at the moment. But I do like the idea of a re-boot going back to the Tricky/SSX3 era :thumbsup

Id even like to see Blur released and playable on a pad instead of the wii remote

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:52 am  Post subject: Re: E3 2017 - The Thread  
I agree with Yeti that I may take anything at this point, but I did see your timeline thread Joni and I think it would be killer to have a game set in that gap between SSX Tricky and SSX 3. :cheers I wish EA still had enough of the old assets to do a remaster-type deal. The PS2 magically disappeared when I was at college and I haven't played the classics in like a year... :cry

Well, EA's presser is today and they're bring two unannounced games, so I guess we'll see. :P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:05 am  Post subject: Re: E3 2017 - The Thread  
PSN: hypnotic_boogie
if we don't get an SSX announcement this E3, im planning to rally up the merqury league via bat signal and start a ssx project. im hoping if enough hype surrounds it, EA will be like "hmmmm people want a new SSX"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:22 pm  Post subject: Re: E3 2017 - The Thread  
Hell yeah Boogie!

EA presser is over and nothing, can't believe I watched the whole thing again. :heh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:43 am  Post subject: Re: E3 2017 - The Thread  
citylights wrote:
I agree with Yeti that I may take anything at this point, but I did see your timeline thread Joni and I think it would be killer to have a game set in that gap between SSX Tricky and SSX 3. :cheers I wish EA still had enough of the old assets to do a remaster-type deal. The PS2 magically disappeared when I was at college and I haven't played the classics in like a year... :cry

Oh yeah, it would be awesome. Thanks for reading my timeline btw, I thought nooned noticed it. :heh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:52 am  Post subject: Re: E3 2017 - The Thread  
XBL: soultron
PSN: souitron
Just popping by to say it was need to see Connor (he was a producer on SSX 2012, IIRC) heading up the newest NBA game at EA. I saw him during the EA press conference talking about NBA and it gave me a total flashback to SSX! (It's the reason I wanted to come back and visit!)

Connor was a really great host to those of us who got to visit way back before SSX 2012 released. Good to see that a former SSX staffer is doing well!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:45 am  Post subject: Re: E3 2017 - The Thread  
Good to see you soultron! :rock

I too was happy to see Connor at E3. I hope he's able to help make EA's NBA game make a turnaround - that series has had some tough times the last few years.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]