Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:44 pm  Post subject: elgen the god? or elgen the fraud  
SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Showoff: #3
elgen is a god ! :notworthy

not really....

I don't know about you guys but I guess I seem to be the only one around here to think that elgen is a fraud. :no

alright so alpmaster called out voltron and succeeded, and now I'm gonna attempt to call out elgen. here we go:

But he has video proof of his runs
sure theyre videos, but when I watched them I was like "wow these are really good, hmm, almost too good. almost questionable...." now look, I know I'm new here, and I know people from time to time pull off super impressive runs (Blackdth, alpmaster, frost 1:46 snowdream) but these just don't seem right.... I'm no showoff mode expert here, but I have messed around in showoff mode, even attempting some of elgens "legit" tricks to no avail. not because I'm bad, but because its not logical. I mean cmon, you really think pulling off frame perfect landings after EVERY jump in EVERY single one of his runs can be done in real time? I think not, unless youre a robot :heh his gameplay just seems too robotic to me

NOT TO MENTION THAT HE DOES ALL THESE RUNS ON EMULATOR

^ this is a complete give away. both him and voltron did their runs on emulator, both have extremely questionable gameplay. voltron was a cheater, but so is elgen :lol just watch his runs and spot all the emulator graphical glitches and you'll see what I mean, pcsx2 emulator to be specific. don't see what I mean? then play that emulator yourself and you'll see these graphical glitches VERY often.

don't get me wrong, if you play on an emulator, it doesn't mean youre automatically a cheater. however what i AM saying is that is so incredibly easy to cheat on an emulator, almost brainless actually. like, if you have scores and/or race times that are only decent at best, then youre probably not a cheater. but if you get first in practically every track on emulator, then hook line and stinker. the reason? simple answer, save states. save states are basically a built-in mechanic in every emulator where you can save a state and if you screw up, you can go back and load that state and redo your past mistake. and you can load it over and over again until you correctly do it then save state again, rinse and repeat. voltron was a prime culprit of this :lol

But wait! elgen made a video called "elgenproof" to show that his scores were legit! explain that
i most certainly can explain that. if you don't undeerstand what i said, basically elgen made a video called "elgenproof" to prove that his runs were legit. in which you can download the video off of his website http://www.elgen.net/ssx/.

after you watch the video it seems like enough proof, right? well, look into it a little closer...... keep in mind that as ive said before elgens runs are done on a pcsx2 emulator, clearly. in his video, you'll notice how shows his record scores after he just tries to complete a run as fast as he can so he can show it at the end of the tracks. lets take his elysuim alps score as an example. so his best score was 4,785,290 done on his emulator. but wait, on his console he show that he has that SAME, EXACT, PIN-POINT, SCORE. when i first noticed this detail, i was confused and it didn't make any sense. and if you look at his other scores he shows, they are the same exact scores that he achieved on emulator! so i thought "does that mean its possible to somehow create memory card data on an emulator and transfer it to a console?" well after doing some research it turns out that, yes, you can actually do this ....... But, there is one way elgen can prove himself to the fullest extent. And that provide live runs of him getting these score. But he hasn't done that before, hasn't done it ever, and probably wont ever do it. i rest my case....

so now what is the jury's verdict below:

Is elgen still a god? Or is he a hook, line, and stinking fraud. You decide :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:49 am  Post subject: Re: elgen the god? or elgen the fraud  
PSN: PGlassJar
Quote:
alpmaster called out voltron and succeeded

no.

(not trying to be rude/standoffish, but no.)

Welcome to Merq! Man, I sure am kind to the new guys! All jokes aside, welcome. I hope you enjoy the site and stay active. ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:41 pm  Post subject: Re: elgen the god? or elgen the fraud  
Thank you peter-san :DD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:23 pm  Post subject: Re: elgen the god? or elgen the fraud  
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
You bring up some valid points, and elgen´s scores aren´t 100 % safe.. I must admit though, I did not know that you could transfer emulator scores to console..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:43 pm  Post subject: Re: elgen the god? or elgen the fraud  
exactly 9eddy

since elgen faked scores doing so, this kinda begs the question: "should live runs be the ultimate source of proof?"

call me a bad person but I think I have to stick with my camera-to-tv setup recording replays, simply because I cant get the capture card setup to work cause I cant move my gamecube anywhere. its just gonna have to sit in the living room, maybe I might be able to move it in the future, probably not though. so I just have to do it the old fashion way, if only I had 3 arms! :lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:15 am  Post subject: Re: elgen the god? or elgen the fraud  
SSX 3: Racing: #1SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1SSX 3: Overall: #1SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 8
  • Overall Best Players: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #3
I'm not really a familiar face in the Tricky setting, but this is basically universal for all older SSX games. I'm not super strict about evidence when it comes to just talking about runs, discussing tactics or loosely claiming you've attained something, but if they are to be submitted to some sort of scoreboard or similar, or put on YouTube etc. I believe an absolute minimum requirement should be to have one or a few live runs in roughly the same ballpark as scores/times you claim to achieve. If you play on emulator, only live runs are fine as the final evidence, ever.

Tricky is very tricky (hurr) in this regard because it doesn't really involve the same mechanics that 3 does. In short, it's a lot harder to tell a TAS from a legitimate run in Tricky than it is in 3. In 3, you can particularly tell by the way the person's tapping is. Making a human TAS here is not a worry, because that'd be impossible - only a machine TAS would get the job done here. The only way is to make a TAS run with realistic tapping and probably a few mistakes, but even then, chances are the con artist would probably slip up at least once in their portfolio.

As for Elgen, I will not draw a conclusion, from a lack of evidence for and against. I do however take his stuff with a kilogram of salt, and do not view him as anything more than "either a really good player, or a cheater". For now, he's in a superposition as far as I'm concerned, probably always will be. Don't think we're going to be able to solve the mystery of Schrödinger's moose (elg being moose in Norwegian, elgen being the determined form, for any non-Norwegians).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:52 pm  Post subject: Re: elgen the god? or elgen the fraud  
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
I just want to add: elgen (if you're reading this) I hope you don't get offended, but I hope you understand that suspicion is natural these days, for certain reasons.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:52 am  Post subject: Re: elgen the god? or elgen the fraud  
Overall Best Players: #1SSX Tricky: Overall: #1Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 9
  • Overall Best Players: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #2
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #3
XBL: SaneThe Legend
I know his records are all real, I've watched all his runs already, Youtube strated banned his videos because it had copyright content music, That's why most of his proof is gone !

Plus he's did everything on a console ! But the other guy ??? Well I'm shocked he deleted all his videos ! But the rashid khan Is the Best so far !

His Mesabalance 3.9 Million run is Insane, I tried for 3 Million for ages long ago, But only scored 2.7 million.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:11 am  Post subject: Re: elgen the god? or elgen the fraud  
The hot legend my all world records are tool assisted .and i make some new scores .mesablance 4 million and pipedream 4.6 million.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:05 pm  Post subject: Re: elgen the god? or elgen the fraud  
Overall Best Players: #1SSX Tricky: Overall: #1Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 9
  • Overall Best Players: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #2
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #3
XBL: SaneThe Legend
Oh Ok, So I Guess ............................................................. :??? :shrug

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:47 am  Post subject: Re: elgen the god? or elgen the fraud  
What you guess

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]