Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:38 am  Post subject: Will there be?  
So as the title say's, will there be another SSX or not? Any information would be appreciated, would be a shame that they stopped this awesome series, maybe when there will be a PS5 or Xbox 2 would they make another game for it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:15 am  Post subject: Re: Will there be?  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
The last one was an uphill challenge to get made, Todd Batty mentioned that a few times during production. They had to toil a few years with a small team before they created tech that was impressive enough to warrant a new sequel. Even then, sales weren't super impressive.

I would be surprised if we have a game anytime soon. A few years at least; the nostalgia needs to build up again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Will there be?  
Sigh, that sucks, but in the end, it's all about the money.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:44 am  Post subject: Re: Will there be?  
PSN: jonipooon
E3 2016?

We can only hope. Year after year.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Will there be?  
SSX 3: Showoff: #1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #1
i think that's the reason of ssx trick and 3 be the most popular until nowdays, if the next ssx make a condensate of the new technology with the same "reality" of the olds.. maybe this will be the best ssx ever!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Will there be?  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Jonipoon wrote:
E3 2016?

We can only hope. Year after year.

This. The countdown begins. Again. :heh

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Will there be?  
XBL: Morph Phoenix
BELIEVE!

...there has to be another one.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:08 pm  Post subject: Re: Will there be?  
Going a bit off-topic here, can someone give me a crash course on what E3 is all about? Is it basically one of those gaming festivals/events where teasers are released? (Imagine if this website soon becomes SSX's official fansite and we get to be with EA Games getting free passes xD, it's just too much to wish for though).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:50 am  Post subject: Re: Will there be?  
XBL: Morph Phoenix
perpetualdusk wrote:
Going a bit off-topic here, can someone give me a crash course on what E3 is all about? Is it basically one of those gaming festivals/events where teasers are released? (Imagine if this website soon becomes SSX's official fansite and we get to be with EA Games getting free passes xD, it's just too much to wish for though).

Gives publishers and anyone related to the industry the chance to advertise their new and upcoming releases, basically. To attend you need a connection to the industry, as it's not open to the public.

This site has close connections to the SSX devs, who used to post here prior to the release (and during release) of SSX 2012, with a couple people getting copies of the game early (from what I remember).

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Will there be?  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Morf wrote:
This site has close connections to the SSX devs, who used to post here prior to the release (and during release) of SSX 2012, with a couple people getting copies of the game early (from what I remember).

Right - it wasn't crazy early though. I think I got mine the Friday before release. It was signed by Batty and co. at least.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Will there be?  
PSN: mobe7
For a franchise that EA has never really considered a success its amazing how often I see SSX come up for discussion in various forums. There was a discussion on Neogaf recently about the PS4 backwards compatibility of PS2 games. SSX Tricky and SSX3 seemed pretty much like the most popular games people wanted to play again from that old generation.

On Twitter a few months back the guys from the Gamesradar.com website tweeted that they were playing SSX3 in the office, cue a small Twitter discussion about SSX which I joined in. Gamesradar editor in chief Dan Dawkins tweeted that Todd Batty was one of the nicest guys he'd had ever interviewed in gaming.

If Sony and EA do make SSX Tricky and SSX3 playable on the PS4 then I hope their popularity gives EA a kick up the backside to get a new one in development. I still think if EA made a new SSX that was a kind of hybrid remake of SSX Tricky and 3, with proper online racing and trick offs, it would be much more popular that SSX 2012 was. There was a decent game in SSX 2012 but its focus was just off. EA just need to give SSX fans the game they want.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:53 am  Post subject: Re: Will there be?  
PSN: jonipooon
Mobe wrote:
For a franchise that EA has never really considered a success its amazing how often I see SSX come up for discussion in various forums. There was a discussion on Neogaf recently about the PS4 backwards compatibility of PS2 games. SSX Tricky and SSX3 seemed pretty much like the most popular games people wanted to play again from that old generation.

On Twitter a few months back the guys from the Gamesradar.com website tweeted that they were playing SSX3 in the office, cue a small Twitter discussion about SSX which I joined in. Gamesradar editor in chief Dan Dawkins tweeted that Todd Batty was one of the nicest guys he'd had ever interviewed in gaming.

If Sony and EA do make SSX Tricky and SSX3 playable on the PS4 then I hope their popularity gives EA a kick up the backside to get a new one in development. I still think if EA made a new SSX that was a kind of hybrid remake of SSX Tricky and 3, with proper online racing and trick offs, it would be much more popular that SSX 2012 was. There was a decent game in SSX 2012 but its focus was just off. EA just need to give SSX fans the game they want.

You nailed it right there.

EA definitely underestimates the popularity of SSX. The sad thing though, is that from a business standpoint snowboard games don't sell that well - not even SSX. Almost everyone knows about SSX or has played a SSX game, similar to how almost everyone has played RollerCoaster Tycoon. But - people don't actually buy the games. It's kind of like how the movie Kick-Ass is extremely popular and has a huge fan base, but since almost no fans went to see the sequel in theatres (they downloaded it instead) there won't be a Kick-Ass 3 because the studio's conclusion is that it simply "won't make enough money".

Basically everyone on this forum have been talking about a 3-Tricky-hybrid game since the days of SSX on Tour.

Never say never though, just look at the new Deadpool movie.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Will there be?  
I'd be surprised if it was any time soon. But I guess we all have each other in the meantime <3

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]