Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:57 am  Post subject: How did you come up with your username?  
So im just curious on how you guys came up with your name. I really hate my name, but i have only one name change, so i have to make it count. I really hate "SSX_Nigel" and i regret using that name, so i wanna make a name that is more original.

Please tell me some tips or something on how to make a creative username. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:51 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
SSX 3: Racing: #1SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1SSX 3: Overall: #1SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 8
  • Overall Best Players: #2
  • SSX 3: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #1
  • SSX 3: Overall: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #1
  • SSX 3: Showoff: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #3
Honestly can't help you with a creative or good name. But I can tell you how I got this one.

I was 6 years old, playing Adventure Quest. My first account, Wimpsi8 (I know what the name means now, but at the time I was Norwegian, had no clue and it was a fun word to say) had just gotten eaten by a gecko in-game. I had no idea how to get out, so I wanted a new account. Pressed random keys on my keyboard, got 898ppp. Done doodle, that's that. Stuck with me since, because why change it? I have a few alternate names, but this one gets the job done.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:39 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
Intersting story 898ppp. I'm still thinking about a good name, but pressing random buttons and letters isnt a bad idea. I only have one chance so i better make it count. I friggin hate SSX_Nigel :grr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:03 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
Hey there guys,
So I have made several user names up over the years and I usually use the same method every time I do (my current name “Rithek” is no exception.) The way I go about creating a name is very simple, first I open a word document on my computer, next I decide if there are any letters that I really like or want to use in the user name. For my current name I knew going into it that I wanted R and K in the name somewhere. Next I just type out as many different combinations of key presses as possible each on their own line (throwing in vowels randomly.) If I come across something that has potential I try moving the vowels around to make it flow better. But the important part is to not really try to make a cool sounding name just spam out letter combinations until you come across something that sounds cool. Lastly I always search Google to make sure my name doesn’t mean something offensive or is a product of some kind. Hope this helps in your quest for a new name!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:45 am  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
XBL: movildima
My username is a little bit connected to my IRL name. Some time ago I appended some letters to it and it came out like this.
Probably a bad idea to use my real name in such a way, but I got stuck with it since then, so I use it pretty much everywhere.
If you want to get a unique try to tie it up with something from real life that relates to you. Maybe something you like, for example a pizza :heh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:07 am  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
My username came from my Xbox Live GT, so I just stuck with that.

PS It was randomized.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:40 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
Well, I´m born in 1992.. ;)

898ppp, my fellow countryman, so that´s how you got your name! HA! Interesting.. I´ve been scratching my head wondering why you named yourself that :heh

Last edited by 9EDDY2 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:39 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
PSN: Emu90
First I wanted SSXTricker, that was taken. Then I wanted Tunes, that was taken too.. grr

So I made SSX Tricky and Emu short for my RL name. Ain't big science.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:23 am  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #2
The only thing I came up with Nigel, I know it´s bad but I just want to throw it out there:

LegininateSSXFreestyler

"Nigel" backwards= Legin, which "almost" sounds like legitimate.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:07 am  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
Needed a good strong name to go with some good strong SSX scores I had back in the day. Like a decade later and I still use Titan as a username for stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:04 am  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Titan wrote:
Needed a good strong name to go with some good strong SSX scores I had back in the day. Like a decade later and I still use Titan as a username for stuff.

SSX Titan < Titan. :heh

Nomysp'sAngel > NA :heh

gondee is an edit of an old middle school nickname. I used to spell it gon-d, but then everyone though my nickname was an edited version of gonad.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:13 am  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Gonad. That's great. Guess what I'm calling you from now on? :lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:26 am  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
Titan wrote:

Jeez, between you and Obi I'm gonna have a whole peanut gallery aren't I? :heh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:47 am  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
Zoe's #1 Fan
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
gondee wrote:
I used to spell it gon-d, but then everyone though my nickname was an edited version of gonad.
:lol :lol :lol thats amazing :thumbsup

I chose mine because when I started work at a printers I was the only bloke with long hair which was half way down my back, when everyone else had the short back and sides cut - One of the printers nicknamed me the long haired Yeti :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:59 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
What's a gonad? All of you had very interesting stories and ways of making a username. Ive been thinking of "Tricktastic" or "Trickalicious" but there both taken on twitter :glare i'm still think though. I don't want anyting longer than 5 syllables though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:58 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
SSX_Nigel wrote:
What's a gonad? .

I think gondee aka gonad is the most qualified person to answer that question~ :thumbsup :yes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:36 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
:)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:03 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
PSN: Kubi-ssx
My real name is Jakub. In Polish, most names and nouns can be written in the diminutive form, and my name goes Jakub -> Kuba -> Kubuś (yes, there are three levels; the first one is formal, the second is a casual day-to-day form and the third one is mainly for small children or other cute or playful things like pets). I took Kuba and replaced the a with i, which is something I saw my uncle do. He is called Hubert and he always called himself Hubi in games and for some reason I thought that was really cool.

It was a long time ago.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:19 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #3
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
gondee wrote:
Titan wrote:

Jeez, between you and Obi I'm gonna have a whole peanut gallery aren't I? :heh

It's like you tell us these things and instantly regret it. Yet also hope we've some how matured or might over look it. :shrug :heh

poor naive Gonad. :P

(19:57:20) gondee: how does one master the dweeng

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:56 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
Obi wrote:
Yet also hope we've some how matured or might over look it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:22 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
PSN: PGlassJar
I can't give you tips, but here's my story...

When I was in primary school, everyone had to make an account for this school service we were using. The teachers name was also Peter, and he said to us not to make our usernames something random, and to make it something we could all identify eachother with. As an example, he said that he's not gonna make his username "Peter Glass Jar" or something that weird. And that's about it. It's really stuck with me and resonated since. And is make seem bad, but it's way better than "peterulz02" (I made it when I was 8 or something, M'kay?).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:25 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
I was trying to come up with a 1 syllable name with mad letters.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:42 pm  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
I came up with mine since playing Zelda: WW a lot, but now I kinda wanna change it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:39 am  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
I think gonad can help you with that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:12 am  Post subject: Re: How did you come up with your username?  
PSN: Uiabird
I hung out with a hmong family back in the day and they had a son named Uiabird, guess I took it and made it my own.

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  1, 2