Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 4:34 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Phase 1-2-3

STORY IDEA:
So continuing on from SSX2012 - Its been a few years since Team Zoe won and the characters have moved on to other things again including Griff who retired after his public defeat and humiliation on the live TV races.

Enter the new recruits who were once inspired by the SSX competition and have come to visit the place where it all began. Upon reaching the site (Big Mountian?) they find that the weather has all but destroyed their dreams of racing the old SSX courses.

They begin their story in setting out to rebuild anew the SSX tracks back up to their past glory by raising money to build new tracks and start competitions one at a time.

As the team progress, they are approached by older members of the SSX crew (Zoe, Elise, Mac, Griff etc) who want to help the new team achieve their goals. Choose your SSX superstar mentors and gain sponsorships as the game progresses. Rebuild the SSX event to its former glory and bring races, big air and deadly descents back to the mountain once more.

PICS:
So the idea here is that in Phase 1 the mountain starts off pretty run down and more backcountry than track where you can take on challenges to earn money etc.

As the player progresses and they earn more money they can pay for Phase 2, which begins to bring on a more competitive game play and the course builds up another level, as do the boards and equipment/clothes etc on offer and a small interested audience & sponsors.

Phase 3 is the end where you have earned enough to restore the SSX competition back to its full glory and the crowds come back to the biggest snowboard event in the world

- At the end of the game - classic characters are playable
- The tracks are available to reply in their Phase 1,2 or 3 modes - can also be used for multiplayer and free ride etc.

try for a character design next :thumbsup

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 5:31 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Here's my colour'ed sketch work - its an in progress drawing but I'll update as I go

I'm calling her 'Samantha Hain' at the moment :)

updated below :thumbsup

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 6:17 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Really cool stuff, Yeti! I like the track transformation! :cheers

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:48 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
PSN: jonipooon
I like her scarf alot, reminds me of that guy in the new Mad Max film. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:36 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Cheers City :thumbsup
Thanks Joni, still trying to get to see Mad Max, is it any good?

Here's Sam (cant think of another name so Sam Hain it is - yes thats why its a pumpkin mask if you get the name :) ) and a stab at a logo
A bit sketchy still but I haven't got the time to do a full pic :D

board design for her next :yes

also - might be an idea to build the character outfit up in phases - change the look a little to match the requirements of the 3 track phases - this is phase 2, phase is more of a jacket and helmet, phase 3 would be body armour and better pads having earned the right to enter deadly decents?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:56 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Just to quickly illustrate the idea of Character phase moving with track phase

This is how a phase 3 rider would be minus helmet and leg protection.

The idea was based on this cool biker jacket I found
TKR_RAPTOR.evo MX EXTREME armor fox Body Protection Safety Jacket

In global, multiplayer and freeride etc events, possibly give the player a choice of which phase of outfit they would like to use - maybe colour changes similar to SSX2012 but the players choice via a swatch this time?

Sam's board design next :) - anyone else want to chip in some ideas?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:11 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
I said board - but I've done a jump sketch in Phase 1,2,3 style

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:32 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
That's a pretty sweet spot for a crowd. They'd get the best view of the tricks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:05 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
been doodling again

My figure 8-design with the roof of the building creating the track with a glass floor jump for the crowds

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:16 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Quite like the 3 phase idea which gives you the same track but slightly differently in 3 ways like working through the games backwards.

Phase 1 = SSX2012 -
very back country riding but with broken buildings included to jump of/through etc

Phase 2 = OnTour/SSX3 - getting back to the competitive racing, quite like the thought of the scaffold start tracks On Tour had and general course setups mixed with SSX3 stadiums and lights

Phase 3 = Tricky
Full on competition with lots on man made elements supported by DJ Atomica and Tricky dude whos name escapes me at the moment

I think it lends itself to the new team story idea, cuts down on the amount of tracks but gives more detail to the courses - and like the story opens up DLC tracks for the future which again fits with the story of building Big Mountain from scratch and new things becoming available - also the full mountain run could make a comeback.

so here's more sketches - based on the old SSX3 start lines in phase styles from broken to repaired.

Phase1 - no power so skimobile, truck and flares light the tracks
Phase2 - basic setup running from a generator with the crowds building
Phase3 - full on competition with everything restored

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:24 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
PSN: Veckodag
This is a marvelous idea! :woot I really like it because the development of the courses would totally make it come alive and make it exciting to visit repeatedly. I can imagine how it goes from total back country with close to nothing and see it partially over time evolve into this big arena. Sounds great, I believe it's a fabulous idea for having fresh and interesting tracks :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:20 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
fredde007 wrote:
This is a marvelous idea! :woot I really like it because the development of the courses would totally make it come alive and make it exciting to visit repeatedly. I can imagine how it goes from total back country with close to nothing and see it partially over time evolve into this big arena. Sounds great, I believe it's a fabulous idea for having fresh and interesting tracks :thumbsup

Cheers matey, glad you like it :cheers

Heres the board design for Sam :)

working on a male character next and a board to go with them

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:24 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Next character is ME - yes I decided why not, I want to be the next Brit to replace good old Moby. Sorry for the rough sketch, faces aren't one of my strong points.

This is also a board I designed for SSX2012, seemed only logical as I designed it for me that I should have it again :D

More track and elements when I get more time
- but if anyone wants to chip in on this then please post away. I'm not after art skills in this thread, just ideas on what you want to see, you might even inspire someone else to draw it up for you, who knows.

:cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:03 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Nice self portrait yeti. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:03 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
gondee wrote:
Nice self portrait yeti. :D

:china :thumbsup :D cheers G - I just need the Tshirt like that one now :yes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:26 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Nice one Yeti! This makes me want to see other members from Grav Bar visualised as SSX boarders. :P

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:24 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Jonipoon wrote:
Nice one Yeti! This makes me want to see other members from Grav Bar visualised as SSX boarders. :P

Yeh that would be amazing :)
That's what this topic is for - ideas - anyone's and everyone's, so hopefully the folks at EA might even use some of them (fingers crossed :poke )

Till then I'll keep sketching track sections, characters and board ideas and hope others join in

:thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:56 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Character lineup so far :thumbsups

edit: moved along due to update :china

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:03 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
OK- new characer
This is the new girl wonder Grace Aviary, the new up and coming superstar of the snowboarding world in SSX, or will be once its rebuilt (plot outline - see earlier). Fun, zany and loves OTT color combos. Created with the guidance from my daughter :thumbsup

Grace Aviary
Aged 14, about 5ft 2in (158cm?) - likes her Snowy Owl board (full design later)

Which puts the new lineup looking like this (Shadow? is not a character just the next space waiting)
EDIT: new lineup updated and moved

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:56 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Yeti, I love how you made yourself a character! Looks great! It would be fun to see more Merpers draw themselves as SSX characters. Perhaps I can work on a character to add to the lineup soon!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:42 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
citylights wrote:
Yeti, I love how you made yourself a character! Looks great! It would be fun to see more Merpers draw themselves as SSX characters. Perhaps I can work on a character to add to the lineup soon!

Yes please City, lets get the positions filled in a new lineup

I am thinking some of the new 2012 characters should also pass over into the lineup as well? If we can aim for 10 created characters - if we get more then we can take a poll to narrow them down.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:40 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
ITS TRICKY - so continuing the phase 1,2,3 idea I thought that it would be cool that how Tricky mode is affected. As the characters starts with nothing they would simply have to shout it, a second phase would be a through a tannoy system and the crowds shouts, finally finishing with a full sound system/DJ fireworks etc as we know it now (mount Eddie style).

As well as building up how Tricky mode develops, it could also be that the Headsup display develops in a similar style from a simple adrenaline bar to a full headsup display with score, position place, headsets to hear the coach/sponsor support (e.g.helicopters talk in 2012)etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:17 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
New recruits updated with a few additions from Boogies collection :thumbsup

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:45 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Woah, I like Grace Aviary. It's like the new "Griff". :P

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:31 am  Post subject: Re: SSX at E3 2016 - WANTED Fanart and Ideas  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Jonipoon wrote:
Woah, I like Grace Aviary. It's like the new "Griff". :P

Cheers dude, and spot on, thats why I drew her and called her the new girl wonder like the SSX opening for Griff :thumbsup

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 5 [ 123 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5