Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:09 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:51 pm  Post subject: SSX Trademark renewed (new game?)  
PSN: martymcflyy85
The following link shows the trademark history of SSX containing the official documents/applications necessary for EA to own the name. You will notice that EA recently applied to renew the trademark on Nov 25, 2014 and the application was accepted on Dec 22, 2014 for "computer game software and related instruction manuals sold together as a unit." The last time this happened was March 2, 2011...about one year before SSX 2012 released.

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=78469260&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=documentSearch

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:06 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Trademark renewed (new game?)  
PSN: PGlassJar
Epic, dude!

Let's hope it's real, and not just for the sake of people keeping it.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:57 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Trademark renewed (new game?)  
Great find, marty! I'll add this to the E3 OT. It could just be standard procedure like PGJ said, but it's probably a good sign either way! :cheers

Last edited by citylights on Wed May 27, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:55 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Trademark renewed (new game?)  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
That really interesting - nice find dude :thumbsup
adds fuel to the fire :)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:02 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Trademark renewed (new game?)  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Well, it COULD be a good sign - it also could be EA just being diligent about not losing their trademark. It's important to remember that EA actually renewed their SSX trademark AFTER they announced SSX in 2010, so a trademark application isn't necessarily a sign of anything imminent. It could be they just learned their lesson in 2010 about letting their trademarks lapse.

It's worthy of a news update if nothing else. Nice find. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:51 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Trademark renewed (new game?)  
Praying this means a new SSX at E3 :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:55 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Trademark renewed (new game?)  
PSN: Classic_Beauty21
Although there was no new SSX announced at E3 this year, this is awesome news. Personally, I wasn't expecting a new SSX at E3 and not that I'm being pessimistic, I'm was looking at it from a realistic point of view. I strongly feel we'll see another SSX in the near future. How long? Who knows. I'm guessing it will be announced at the end of this year or within two years tops. The trademark being renewed means nothing...but also everything.

I'm glad EA is smart enough not to let this series go. They know how valuable it is and for that I'm happy for. Of course, there could be a secret agenda in the works right now as you read. Whatever the case may be, I take this news as overall favoring to us the fans. :yes Hoping EA will know what direction to take this series next, seems like they are still a tad bit lost on that... and it could be what's holding them back from making a new one.

Yes I have a masters degree on ssxology, doc.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:05 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Trademark renewed (new game?)  
PSN: mobe7
I watched EA's press conference in hope of an SSX announcement but perhaps not surprisingly came away disappointed. I guess there are other games conferences later in the year which may be better suited for announcing a less flag waving EA franchise. E3 tends to be for the headlining grabbing big guns. That being said I thought EA's press conference was truly awful. Other than Star Wars Battlefront they didn't really have anything to grab people imagination. As far as sports games go it was all the usual stuff. SSX might have actually made an impression had it been shown.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:22 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Trademark renewed (new game?)  
PSN: MistressWiggle
I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is good news and not false hope.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]