Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:19 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
There should be a link at the bottom of the theme that says "switch to full style" - click on that. :china

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:20 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
Yea but I don't want to click on it EVERY TIME I GET ON THIS SITE.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:29 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
Okay, new post indications should be white now instead of dark blue.

PeacefulJarl wrote:

Okay, in that case you can edit the URL at the top, refresh the page and it will stop.

Make sure you are on the "Full Style", then edit the URL of the site and delete the

Code:
?mobile=mobile

or

Code:
?mobile=desktop

at the very end of the URL. After that, hit return. It should default to the site default after that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:06 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
PSN: Emu90
PeacefulJarl wrote:

That would require cookies. So it depends on Gondee if he wants to do that. Other than that it would also require that you don't delete your cookies anymore. I don't trust cookies.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:04 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #3
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
Hey gondee is there a way to keep it on full style once I choose that option? Every time I go to a new page or thread or just basically leave the page I'm on in general it switches me back to mobile mode against my will. I'm happy everyone likes the mobile mode but it's been driving me nuts. :/

P.S. I can't even add emoji's in mobile mode -_-

(19:57:20) gondee: how does one master the dweeng

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:42 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
Yeah, click on "Switch to full style" at the bottom, and then click on any basic link on the default theme. (For example, click on the "home" button at the top once you are on the Grav Classic theme.) What device are you using Obi?

If THAT doesn't work, try this link:

index.php?mobile=reset

As far as the emojis go, I think those are one of many things that are left out of the mobile theme in order to make sure it fits on the small devices. Emojis are pretty image heavy which slows down the connection. I can look into an option to add them but I can't promise it'll get done.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:11 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
I'm on an iPhone. As for the full style it doesn't show up on the bottom of any pages just the top. I also tried out your link but it didn't work for me. :/
Clicking full style for me only still seems to be temporary for the current page I choose it for. :|
As for the emoji's they weren't important. They were just fun/convenient.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:05 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
Obi wrote:
I'm on an iPhone. As for the full style it doesn't show up on the bottom of any pages just the top. I also tried out your link but it didn't work for me. :/
Clicking full style for me only still seems to be temporary for the current page I choose it for. :|
As for the emoji's they weren't important. They were just fun/convenient.

Well that's no good. I want a mobile theme to make people want to browse the site, not drive them away. I will see if I can find out how to fix it - this is a challenging issue because there are SOOOO many devices out there and all of them are changing all the time.

Give me some specs on your iphone - which version (I-phone 5, 6, etc.) ? Do you have a high-res screen (Retina?) What browser do you use on it?

I should be able to find something that mimics the exact set up you have and see if I can spot what's going on.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:57 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
I have a 5s and I'm pretty sure it's hi res. The browser is safari because it's my only choice. :P
I'm sorry this is becoming an issue for your new launch. :(
I appreciate your time and effort looking into the matter for me. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:03 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
Obi wrote:
I'm sorry this is becoming an issue for your new launch. :(

No problem man, this is all part of the process of learning mobile stuff. I'm a little puzzled as to why this is happening, so I need to find out what's going on. There are loads of details I need to learn about this and this is the best way to do it. :yes

I don't know whether this a cookie issue (which means I may not be able to fix it) or whether it's a resolution issue (which means I may.) I'll see what I can do, but give me a day or two.

It looks like the Apple Iphone 5S has a 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi display. I'll have to check the mobile theme file to see how that renders. However I think it's a cookie issue so I'll have to do some more detective work.

Do one more thing for me Obi - switch over to the full theme and use the "Clear board cookies" link near the middle-bottom of the forum index. See if that helps. Also, see if you can clear your cookies via your browser and then don't select the mobile theme ever again if you don't want to use it.

EDIT: After looking into it, it looks like this kind of problem is pretty common, and it looks like the mobile style is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination and the designer says he won't fix any issues. That means the better option is to switch to a responsive theme, which would mean a whole new theme. I may need to do some major work. And this sort of problem is motivating me to look into another option, which means designing a responsive theme. :brucelee Long story short Obi - you may need to grin and bear it for a few weeks, until I can get a responsive theme done.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:05 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
So according to SSX_Nigel, email post notification has also stopped working with the new theme. Has anyone also experienced this?

More fodder to switch over to a responsive theme. :yes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:19 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
Humm, I don't do e-mail notifications for posts anyway, but I have been getting PM notifications since the switch. :yes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:51 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
To put it in laymen's terms, the mobile theme insinuates itself into some very basic elements of our bulletin board (much to my surprise). It needs to do this so that it can see what browser you're using when you browse the board and then switch over to the mobile theme if your screen size is below a certain resolution, etc.

Unfortunately, this low-level integration probably breaks more than I thought it would when I installed it. In order to make sure people aren't forced into doing things they don't like (like turning cookies on their phone or not getting their email notifications) I'll need to create a responsive theme.

There's one caveat - the new theme could be pretty different from the existing Grav Classic theme. It will also need to become the new board default - which means anyone who wants to use Grav Classic will have to log in and change the theme in their profile.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:09 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
So I've discovered the Master Runs update list on the index page isn't working, due to the mobile theme. Add another thing onto the list.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:54 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
this is pretty good for a mobile theme, I gave it a smal test run on my new 5S phone I got and it works pretty well. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:06 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Well I've just logged on on my Lumia and I have to say omg. Love it. Simple and stylish. I like how you've used the dark colours akin to the original board style. Thank you so much G, great work and very very much appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:02 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
The link to view ALL the Master Run videos in a particular category isn't working either due to the mobile theme... another thing that is broken. :frusty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:18 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
Just a quick update - my plan was to install a test board on my laptop to design the responsive theme. However, my laptop has basically crashed, it's become too slow to use.

So I reinstalled the OS and ran a benchmarking program - it rates computers' speed from 1-100. My laptop rated a TWO out of 100. :heh So like 98% of computers are faster than my laptop which means I just need to get a new one. :heh Long story short, I'm going to be ordering one in the next few days or so, and after that arrives I will be reinstalling the local server setup I need to get started on the theme.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:25 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
Okay, so after a month of

• searching for a new laptop
  • buying and being delivered new laptop
  • wrestling with installing localweb server on new laptop
  • installing the Grav database onto new laptop

I FINALLY got the dang thing to work this weekend. So I'll be able to work on the new responsive theme for realsies now. :woot

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:02 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
PSN: Emu90
Yay! Keep us up to date. Also, it would be nice to see who last posted in the mobile version. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:36 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
I get email notifications from PM's, but i only get topic notifications from "my post, your records." it says i am watching the topic, what does that mean?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:18 am  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
At the top of every topic is a link that says "Subscribe topic" - if you click this then you'll receive email notifications every time a new post is made in that topic.

If you want to unsubscribe from that topic, click the same link at the top (it will say "Unsubscribe Topic" at this point.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:40 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
Go 3 hours in on the new responsive theme this weekend. New laptop is paying off! :woot At this rate, expect the new theme in a few months. :woot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:01 pm  Post subject: Re: SSX Mobile theme is LIVE! 1.17.14  
Status check-in on the new theme. I don't want you guys thinking I just forgot about it.

• Got an header somewhat working, still needs polish
  • Got coloration roughly right
  • Got media queries working (these are the things that change layout based on screen-width.)

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 2 [ 49 posts ]  1, 2