Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:06 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Have you played THPS?
Yes 100%  100%  [ 8 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
WTF is that? 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:03 pm  Post subject: POLL: Have you played THPS  
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
Yes or no or WTF is that are at the moment.

Me? Yes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:12 pm  Post subject: Re: POLL: Have you played THPS  
Tony hawk's Pro Skater?? yeah...like a million years ago. fun game~

why??

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:27 pm  Post subject: Re: POLL: Have you played THPS  
Titan wrote:
Tony hawk's Pro Skater?? yeah...like a million years ago. fun game~

why??

Just because this is the playground! I have all THPS games. I play THAW online still on xbox 360. I am in creation of making guides for that series. :thumbsup

EDIT: That made me play SSX(thps on a snowboard with adjusted controls)

Last edited by PeacefulJarl379 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:43 am  Post subject: Re: POLL: Have you played THPS  
I've played American Wasteland, if that counts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:02 am  Post subject: Re: POLL: Have you played THPS  
XBL: Joshie2499
PSN: Joshie2499
Yep, I can say that I've played every single one in the original series of Pro Skater. I remember I had the first Pro Skater on PS1 and it was pretty fun to play but I couldn't do combos very long and I can't even balance on a rail.

I think the best THPS game I've ever played is stuck between THPS 2 and THPS3.

THPS 2 is probably the first THPS game which defined what it is meant by true skateboarding and is a major advancement from its earlier game. You were able to play as SPIDER-MAN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! also I could remember hitting those rails listening to 'You' by Bad Religion imaging the the world of candy canes and planes and bright red choo-choo trains.

THPS 3 is also a BIG advancement (yes, BIG!) of any one of the other THPS games. You were able to spine transfer, carry on combos with the revert and also you could cause havoc by making an earthquake AND DESTROY EVERY LIVING THING ON THE GAME HAHAHA. You remember in Los Angeles where the guy on the car got stuck on the motorway and you'd make him fall off 100 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND TO HIS DEATH?! Wow hehe.

Also to note, you have a large variety of characters ranging from superheroes like Wolverine to that... Demoness that could just burn the SKATER EMPLOYEE INTO HELL UPON SELECTION. Music of choice, Motorhead... yes. Their songs are mostly what gets me going. I think you have more control on THPS3 from what I remember having it on XBOX.

The current sequels that are out present day sucks balls (I'm sorry). I don't remember one person ever buying RIDE or SHRED and mostly to say, THPSHD is a clunkfest. The animations of your character looks ridiculous and it's mostly unplayable. The only things I can say that were good about the game were the detailed player models and the accurate representation of the old THPS levels.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:37 am  Post subject: Re: POLL: Have you played THPS  
Salariedcat7507 wrote:
I've played American Wasteland, if that counts.

Yep, it counts.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:41 am  Post subject: Re: POLL: Have you played THPS  
SpoofFilmsinc wrote:
I think the best THPS game I've ever played is stuck between THPS 2 and THPS3.

THPS 3 is also a BIG advancement (yes, BIG!) of any one of the other THPS games. You were able to spine transfer, carry on combos with the revert and also you could cause havoc by making an earthquake AND DESTROY EVERY LIVING THING ON THE GAME HAHAHA. You remember in Los Angeles where the guy on the car got stuck on the motorway and you'd make him fall off 100 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND TO HIS DEATH?! Wow hehe.

Also to note, you have a large variety of characters ranging from superheroes like Wolverine to that... Demoness that could just burn the SKATER EMPLOYEE INTO HELL UPON SELECTION. Music of choice, Motorhead... yes. Their songs are mostly what gets me going. I think you have more control on THPS3 from what I remember having it on XBOX.

The current sequels that are out present day sucks balls (I'm sorry). I don't remember one person ever buying RIDE or SHRED and mostly to say, THPSHD is a clunkfest. The animations of your character looks ridiculous and it's mostly unplayable. The only things I can say that were good about the game were the detailed player models and the accurate representation of the old THPS levels.

Hey, THPS 3 did not have Spine Transfers, that was 4. I agree with everything you said, except HD, i kinda like the game.

I did not need to quote everything, just THPS3 and on.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:25 pm  Post subject: Re: POLL: Have you played THPS  
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 on PS2 was my first one.

Canada was where I really learned how to play. It took a long time for everything to click. I rmember busting my ass repeatedly on that rail combo in the beginning trying mad things out.

[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfGcIURPjAU[/youtube]

My favorite would be 4 or Underground. I like how they have no timer. Underground 2 is cool and stylish, I'll give it that. But I like 3, 4, and Underground more. Then American Wasteland was a soulless cash in but I bought it and ate it up. It just seemed void of personality. If you played it you know what I mean.

Didn't play the next ones. I did in the past year get Tony Hawk 2 and play it. Got pretty far and it's still fun. Great soundtrack and levels.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:40 pm  Post subject: Re: POLL: Have you played THPS  
Khalpz wrote:
Didn't play the next ones.

The next ones were...

BAD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:23 pm  Post subject: Re: POLL: Have you played THPS  
Oh man, THPS3 was life back in the day. The Airport??? Cruise Ship??? Tokyo??? Hell yeah. THPS4 was awesome, too. Loved the quest format. Man, I'd love to pop in THPS4 in again.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:43 pm  Post subject: Re: POLL: Have you played THPS  
PSN: Uiabird
I have played almost all the tony hawk games ever made, sadly the latest ones had way too much to do with all the goals and trying to get sick on them... Way too hard! I am going to fire up THPS2 later actually, I just got the disc cleaned and I hope it runs smoothly.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:35 am  Post subject: Re: POLL: Have you played THPS  
PeacefulJarl wrote:
THPS 3 did not have Spine Transfers.

Lol, dammit. I haven't played the game in soo long, infact I lost the disc. I think someone threw it out or something because I would constantly play that game until the disc burned out. I've never actually owned THPS4 (except for the PS1 version but that doesn't count since it's garbage). I think I've only played THPS4 on the PC and that's where I experimented on a shit-ton of mods like one where you could get off your board and do stuff.

Notable levels I like on there: College, Kona, San Francisco, Carnival
All the rest I didn't exactly like or what I thought were just not suited for me.

Also, has anyone played Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure before? It uses the same engine as THPS4 and it's aimed towards kids. I used to play that years ago when I was about 6/7 years old. Can't believe I got suckered in to it. I kinda liked it back then but now I think the game's corny.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:19 pm  Post subject: Re: POLL: Have you played THPS  
SpoofFilmsinc wrote:
I've never actually owned THPS4 (except for the PS1 version but that doesn't count since it's garbage).

True

SpoofFilmsinc wrote:
Also, has anyone played Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure before? It uses the same engine as THPS4 and it's aimed towards kids. I used to play that years ago when I was about 6/7 years old. Can't believe I got suckered in to it. I kinda liked it back then but now I think the game's corny.

Never found it in stores, back then i only played games that said Tony Hawk, and for some reason I found Shaun Palmer (THPS on a snowboard with exact same controls, heck it is even published by the same publishers as THPS3-4) and SSX (A better snowboard game by a billion), but never disney.

Icebears4ever (youtuber of THPS) commented on one of his vids that Disney levels might make it to THUG Pro (mod of Tony Hawk's Underground 2).

-PeacefulJarl379

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:31 pm  Post subject: Re: POLL: Have you played THPS  
PeacefulJarl wrote:
Icebears4ever (youtuber of THPS) commented on one of his vids that Disney levels might make it to THUG Pro (mod of Tony Hawk's Underground 2).

-PeacefulJarl379

I'm sure if that's exactly possible since the game never got released for PC but who knows? Maybe if someone was able to access the PS2 disc and possible extract the files out of there then it might be possible. Also that guy is a pretty good YouTuber, I've subscribed to him ages ago and he still does some interesting Tony Hawk videos.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:51 pm  Post subject: Re: POLL: Have you played THPS  
SpoofFilmsinc wrote:
I'm sure if that's exactly possible since the game never got released for PC but who knows? Maybe if someone was able to access the PS2 disc and possible extract the files out of there then it might be possible. Also that guy is a pretty good YouTuber, I've subscribed to him ages ago and he still does some interesting Tony Hawk videos.

Mabye on a PS2 emulator can the guys at th-mods (guys who created the mods) could do that.

Also I saw a video when a disney texture replaced the arrow in THPS4.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ]