Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:11 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:14 pm  Post subject: Anyone still read the SSX Fan Fiction?  
PSN: SSXfanatic
So I have not been very active on this website in a while, especially since the newest game came out over two years and a half ago. I definitely do not consider myself the "#1 SSX fanatic" (The account name choice was really more or a spur-of-the-moment thing), but for those of you who have frequented the SSX Tricky Fan Fiction archive on the website fanfiction.net, you might might recognize me as SSXfanatic, a writer on the website who is the author of the oh-so brilliantly and originally titled fan fiction story SSX: Snowboard Supercross.

While it certainly won't be news to the majority of people here, I am very happy to say that I have FINALLY finished the story!!! :woot :cheers

I apologize for what I myself perceive to be a shameless and unnecessary plug, but seeing how it took me over THREE YEARS to finally complete it, I simply wanted to share this information with the Merqury City community.

A few overlying facts:

[*] The story is 120,000 words long. Sorry, no short story here, I accidentally ended up writing a novel. I'll admit that I was aiming for somewhere between 50 and 60k, but since I had never written anything before, it turned out to be a terribly incorrect estimate.
[*] The story is in 1st-person POV, but not one of the SSX characters; the main character is of my own creation, although I do not consider her to be a "Mary-Sue" since she is neither a representation nor an insertion of myself. She's been described to me as an "OC," a I agree with that. Although the main character isn't an SSX original, I did my best to include every single SSX character, with the most focus on SSX 3.
[*] Since I updated on a chapter-by-chapter basis, people have reviewed the story as I have written it. I don't want to out and say "the readers love it, so you will too!" so I will just that overall, the majority of the reviews are rather positive. You can view the reviews page here.

I started writing this story for a few reasons - I used to play SSX Tricky when I was a little kid back in 2001, but I mostly forgot about the games until 2011, when I saw that SSX 2012 was coming out. Following the news on the new game, along with purchasing a PS2 and the first four games to play until the next year, I had this immense interest in the franchise. For reasons that are still beyond me, I turned to fan fiction.net, a website that I had NEVER before visited, and started typing up this story.

I included a link to the first chapter in the first paragraph, but you can also find it on the Archive page by clicking here.

Lastly, I just want to thank all of SSX in general, and everyone here who has supported the games over the last decade. I never thought I could do anything with writing, especially not writing an entire novel. Now that I've finished this story, I've discovered a passion for writing, and despite the fact that I'm studying to be an Engineer right now in college, I'm considering becoming a part-time writer, with a real book this time around!

Damn, this post was too long. Thanks for reading it. I'd ask you guys to consider voting for me in the Grav Awards this year, but I see they've taken 'SSX author' off of the list. :heh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:03 pm  Post subject: Re: Anyone still read the SSX Fan Fiction?  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
Sounds like you put alot of heart and soul into this SSXfanatic, Ive picked up on some of the links you included and my first thoughts were WOW, even the first few lines draw you in as any good story should.

If you've found a love of writing then do it. I have recently done the same and use various routes to get them published as well.

Well done and keep going :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:24 am  Post subject: Re: Anyone still read the SSX Fan Fiction?  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Sickone and I still bounce SSX ideas off each other all the time but since a lot of it includes dumbass OC's from tumblr I don't tend to upload them. :heh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:21 pm  Post subject: Re: Anyone still read the SSX Fan Fiction?  
XBL: WAffle3690
^^^
Its like an everyday thing and i wouldn't have it any other way

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Anyone still read the SSX Fan Fiction?  
PSN: SSXfanatic
Huh, I didn't know SSX had so many fans on tumblr...maybe not many, I wouldn't know. Fact is only the EA SPORTS SSX Facebook page (WAY back when all of the posters there were super social with everyone) and this website are the only places I've spoken to people about the games.

And thank you Yeti, I'll keep that in mind. I don't dare think that far, but that would be really cool to be able to put something out there professionally.

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]