Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:23 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:04 pm  Post subject: new wormhole for elysium alps  
here was my race time of 1:55.94 using a new wormhole glitch that i discovered that saves more time :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpZKS7-WSaU&list=UUSsVj-vIu6ki9n-ivMyt_gg

(i just wish that people like firebrandx, ssx4ever, frost, and alpmaster see this :P)

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:16 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
:heh :heh That was awesome dude. Great, great find. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:46 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
Self-contained Sanitarium
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #3
Seen it and congrats.

That being said, your semi-clean time (you used a select trick to ruin it) is FAR more impressive. There were some glass sign shortcuts I simply never noticed before when the game was new, and when you used them in the video, I was slapping myself in the head for missing them completely. I almost want to come out of retirement to work back up to it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:15 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
im glad you saw it! :D But:...

semi-clean run? select trick? ruined it? what are you talking about

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:47 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
oh wait, nevermind. :heh hey firebrand, do you ever come into contact with ssx4ever any more? (you should also subscribe to my youtube)

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:03 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #2
Real talk? This run is definitely master run-worthy. It's safe to say that this track will never go below 1:55 =p

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:09 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
it would be cool if they updated the master runs

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:27 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
"Clean Run" was a term referred back in the day to a run that played the game 'as it was intended' - meaning no glitches, no wormholes, no select tricks, etc. FBX was a judge for Twin Galaxies (video game world record organization) and he was the judge of the SSX Tricky records, so that's what he thinks of. For the purposes of the website though, we allow wormholes because otherwise all scores for our scoreboard would have to be confirmed solely by video.

I can certainly update the Master Runs with your run and probably will. Any new routes/wormholes/etc in Tricky are always big news.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:57 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Very, very cool. Flawless run. Props to you my friend.

:wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:37 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
Thanks alpmaster! :D

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:46 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
Clayman
I followed you on twitch, it'd be cool to watch a stream. Nothing says fun like endless restarts.

Btw what do you mean by "validated WR".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:10 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
validated WR means its the fastest time with video proof. EX: frost doesnt have video proof of 1:46.85 on snowdream. Speaking of which, do you ever communicate with frost anymore?

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:22 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
Clayman
I've personally watched all of frosts WR runs including his 1:46 SD. They are very much validated lol these were back in a time before YouTube and before showing every run as soon as a person beat a score.. It was more fun back then because everyone spent so much time producing "their" line, not a mish-mosh of the best of everything.

Alas I can certainly see why as proof goes, nowadays videos are best. I'm sure he wouldn't mind releasing some of his runs, if anything at least to gondee just for "proof". Us "classic" players were a tight knit group back then, just having fun competing and pushing everything to the next record. No one really ever suspected foul play. :heh

Anyway, I can assure you his runs are very validated.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:34 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
what does he do differently in that run, I NEED TO KNOW. :lol but seriously, im nearly killing myself trying to get a personal best to beat my 1:48.30 and hopefully get 1:47. Are you absolutely sure hes not doing anything different? cause unless he changes the route, 1:46 is not humanly possible, not even TAS.

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:37 am  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
Clayman
Haha if you remove 'validated' I'm sure I can get him to come here and see what he says. :P

I watched your 1:48.30 run, it was well done. Could use some more polish. Look at the point you're doing your select trick... Don't forget select tricks in their own have to have polish. Every millisecond you press select after the exact point in which you can press it, is pointlessly slowing down your time.

I remember he was stuck at 1:48 for a while as well. He can quote me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was ssx4ever beating it that brought it down further, as no one else was really close to that time back then.

How much do capture cards go for these days? I know we each have a few runs on our memory cards we could release...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:26 am  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
you can get him to come back!? :woot ok, ok, i can remove the validated stuff. anything to get him to come back :lol :china capture cards? im not an expert on this stuff so i have to look it up.

i assume capture cards for ps2 so:

would this help (?) https://www.google.com/search?q=gaming+capture+cards&oq=gaming+capture+cards&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3.6161j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=gaming+capture+cards+ps2&tbm=shop&spd=0

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:33 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
Look for "TV/Tuner" cards as well - same thing. I picked up my first capture card for $40. You can probably find something similar.

Also, the card you want isn't based on the system it's for, but on the connections it has. You'll want to get a card that has connections for composite cables (or however you hook up your PS2 normally to your TV.)

EDIT: Check the index. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:30 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
Gravitude MVP
Even though I never got into racing as much as showoff, this is an awesome find... Props man! :yes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:52 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
thanks chaos! :D

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:34 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
Overall Best Players: #1SSX Tricky: Overall: #1Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 9
  • Overall Best Players: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #1
  • SSX On Tour: Racing: #2
  • SSX On Tour: Overall: #2
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #2
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #3
  • SSX On Tour: Showoff: #3
  • Overall Best Players: Showoff: #3
XBL: SaneThe Legend
I was in shock that worm hole. :jawdrop To tell you the truth i was think about doing it. But it looked impossible back then.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:39 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
I put your video as the highlight on the Merqurycity.com index page Jack. :china

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:03 pm  Post subject: Re: new wormhole for elysium alps  
SSX Tricky: Showoff: #1
  • SSX Tricky: Showoff: #1
PSN: Krishna rai
I have one new wormhole for Elysium alps

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2gucacKu_Qc&hl=en&gl=IN&client=mv-google

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 22 posts ]