Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
PSN: Emu90
Okay time to figure out how that voting thing works again. :heh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:41 am  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
bloody hell was I in a coma and no one told me? where did the last year go? o_O

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
PSN: jonipooon
12th? Oh my god, times goes by. :P

So when does the voting start?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:20 am  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Yeti wrote:
NA wrote:
Tunes and Royank are MIA and have been for months and Flexxx is back and there's Mav.

20 years in the business and nothing :[

NA wrote:
Really like the logo Mav but call me a traditionalist, Id rather not see it changed. That old ass logo suits my old ass classic original style board settings. :heh
Im with you on this though NA

Mav - always love your work so how about a new theme?

Sorry Yetster! My mind was on graphics design only and not awesome art and lovely books! Apologies!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
NA wrote:
Sorry Yetster! My mind was on graphics design only and not awesome art and lovely books! Apologies!

:D Its ok and thank you :thumbsup - My day job is Graphic Design, I just come here for the art :thumbsup

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:48 am  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
Well I don't the logo I made meets the ideal requirements, but that's something we all can work together on as a community.

Have awe figured out which categories we want to use this year?

http://www.facebook.com/maverickeastart

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:12 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
Well, since folks haven't said much on the subject I'll throw some ideas out there based on what's actually applicable for this year:

Awards to KEEP:

Quote:
Gravitude MVP x3:
Gravitude MVP's are Grav Bar members that stand out and keep this place running. Whether it be the technical, entertaining, informational, SSX spirit, or anything else, the Grav Bar just wouldn't be the same without them. Vote for three of them.

Best Site Contributor:
Who contributes most to the web aspects of Merqury City? Who's made the biggest positive difference in our awesome site?

Best Fan Contributor:
Who keeps the fans at the top of their priority list? Who's done the most for us as SSX fans?

Best Info Hunter:
This person is on top of new and old SSX news. They are the first to let the rest of us know of all the awesome things that are happening.

Best Overall Artist:
This person lives and breathes their art. Forget anything having to do with SSX, this person is just an amazing artist.

Best Fanart Artist x2:
When it comes to fan art, this person is at the top of the ranks. Always having something to show, something new and fresh, something awesome to look at, and most importantly, something having to do with SSX! Vote for two of these.

Best SSX Fanboy/girl:
Maybe they're a little over the top, but what can you say, they just LOVE SSX.

Most Entertaining:
This person brings you happiness every time you're on the forum.

Nicest Person:
Not a mean bone in their body.

Funniest Post:
This post or series of posts has been successfully turned into an inside joke of the Grav Bar.

Best Looking Male:
Hottest dude.

Best Looking Female:
Hottest dudette.

Best Noob:
The best of the newest Grav Bar users in recent history.

Most Annoying/Biggest Troll:
At least they get an award!

Awards to NOT keep:

Quote:
Chatroom King/Queen:
Keepin' up the chat like it's nobody's business.

Best Board Creator:
We've been getting TONS of board designs lately, vote for the person that rocks the most at making them, makes the coolest boards, etc.

Best Fan Fiction Author:
If there were an SSX novel, they'd be writing it.

Awards to ADD:

Quote:
Best SSX (2012) Player:
The SSX (2012) player who has contributed the most to the competitive scene this year.

Best SSX Original Recipe Player:
The SSX or SSX Tricky player who has contributed the most to the competitive scene this year.

So yeah, this is just getting the ball rolling. Not sure if folks still want the awards in the cut section even if they're not very relevant just for nostalgia's sake. Also not sure if we should still do 2x for the "best fanart artist" category or not? Yeah, I dunno. Just thought I'd throw stuff out there. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:57 am  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
Sounds good Citylights. We all agree?

http://www.facebook.com/maverickeastart

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:02 am  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
I'm down.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:17 am  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
Me too :D

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Yep, those look good. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
XBL: ChaoticJ 202
PSN: Lunar_Nobis
sounds all good to me :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
Yeah I'll let the best board creator go this year :cry :cry :heh :heh
To be honest, it wasn't really relevant last year but I took it anyway lol! All the other awards look good to me!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:15 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
Heh, sorry Curry! :heh let's be honest for a sec though, you wouldn't have been able to beat this gem of mine:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:26 am  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
Hahahaha..... Wait a sec.... OH MY GOD TITAN'S DOG.

I AM LAUGHING SO HARD.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
citylights wrote:
Heh, sorry Curry! :heh let's be honest for a sec though, you wouldn't have been able to beat this gem of mine:

Hey City, try this on for size!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
PSN: Emu90
:heh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:11 am  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
XBL: CurryKingDH
PSN: CurryKingDH
Sooo..... GA12, what's happening? :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:06 am  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
Zoe's #1 Fan
CurryKingDH wrote:
Sooo..... GA12, what's happening? :P

Beat me to it :)

Are we up for this, I'll take votes and organise if needed?
Mav you up for trophies or we can set up a design team to split the work?

We all agree with Citys vote list above? Seems thought out so I agree with it as this years running list. Anyone else agree? if so we'll get this running from next monday.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
Yeti and Mav, I can help with vote counting—as well as design after Halloween—if you need another set of hands! If not, that's cool too! Hopefully if the trophy work needs to be split up we can get some real designer folks to help, but I'm here if you need me. :heh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:39 am  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
ughh, Finally......just figured out how to get around other countries blocking websites. (why they block merqurycity, ill never know) im deployed for the next 6 months. bleh

anyways, looks like i came in just in time to see how the 12th gravitude awards goes down. ill participate, even though i didnt contribute much besides the Final Fantasy thread :P

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
Yep, all up for it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:51 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
Crazy_driveR3 wrote:
ill participate, even though i didnt contribute much besides the Final Fantasy thread :P

you and me are pretty much in the same boat my friend, I pretty much only contribute to the pony thread and even then things have been slow there thanks to the hiatus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
I can help with whatever this week, though my official policy is to stay out of GA because it's supposed to be a community run thing and not an official MC thing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:53 pm  Post subject: Re: Gravitude Awards 12 - MERQ'S 11th ANNIVERSARY  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Lets get this rolling then :thumbsup

List for votes is as below
I'll contact Mav to see if he still has time to do any artwork

Gondee and Myself will take your votes, if thats ok with you G?
When counting votes and its a draw between two or more, the person who got the most votes first wins

Need any volunteers to create Sigs and Av's for the below listings please
once we have a design team, I'll divvy up the work or let me know what you can handle. PM me to let me know you can help.

Voting starts Tomorrow/29 Oct and will finish on Mon 3rd Nov
Awards design will be done that week and winners announced on Saturday 8th Nov
all being well :heh

Gravitude MVP x3:
Gravitude MVP's are Grav Bar members that stand out and keep this place running. Whether it be the technical, entertaining, informational, SSX spirit, or anything else, the Grav Bar just wouldn't be the same without them. Vote for three of them.

Best Site Contributor:
Who contributes most to the web aspects of Merqury City? Who's made the biggest positive difference in our awesome site?

Best Fan Contributor:

Who keeps the fans at the top of their priority list? Who's done the most for us as SSX fans?

Best Info Hunter:
This person is on top of new and old SSX news. They are the first to let the rest of us know of all the awesome things that are happening.

Best Overall Artist:
This person lives and breathes their art. Forget anything having to do with SSX, this person is just an amazing artist.

Best Fanart Artist x2:
When it comes to fan art, this person is at the top of the ranks. Always having something to show, something new and fresh, something awesome to look at, and most importantly, something having to do with SSX! Vote for two of these.

Best SSX Fanboy/girl:
Maybe they're a little over the top, but what can you say, they just LOVE SSX.

Most Entertaining:
This person brings you happiness every time you're on the forum.

Nicest Person:
Not a mean bone in their body.

Funniest Post:
This post or series of posts has been successfully turned into an inside joke of the Grav Bar.

Best Looking Male:
Hottest dude.

Best Looking Female:
Hottest dudette.

Best Noob:
The best of the newest Grav Bar users in recent history.

Most Annoying/Biggest Troll:
At least they get an award!

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 3 [ 74 posts ]  1, 2, 3