Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:14 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:14 pm  Post subject: Master Runs for SSX Classic *UPDATE*  
SSX: Racing: #1
Clayman
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX: Racing: #1
  • SSX: Overall: #2
Yea, guess I have to call it "Classic" now.

Well, I've wanted to release runs a long while back when I was playing consistently, but there was something so fun about competing back then and never knowing what each other were doing, just doing our best to come out on top of the other.

But anyway, I never really 'retired' from the game, just walked away. Now I'd like to put as much content as I can out there for Merqurycity, and hope one day these records can be broken.

Anyway, sorry guys about the ass-quality of the vids. I did this all with an empty afternoon, a $15 capture card and some freeware :heh I also was very limited with the music choice due to Youtube licensing rights. Hope you enjoy nonetheless

**NEW:
Snowdream - 1:36.97
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CwCYQqDI5M

**NEW:
Mesablanca - 1:58.50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSAoQhKcdXo

**NEW:
Untracked - 2:59.88
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke2R9dXvYBY

Aloha Ice Jam - 1:27.82
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-uJltW32n8&list=UUahqpdISEksLjc2-oyIs5dw

Elysium Alps - 3:20.31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zODzar0p19E&list=UUahqpdISEksLjc2-oyIs5dw

Merqury City Meltdown - 2:15.63
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me2UNKwIxF0&list=UUahqpdISEksLjc2-oyIs5dw

Tokyo Megaplex - 2:06.63
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx07wGeYkuk
*Crappy run, just showing a fully glitched run*
Click here for explanation topic

You have full permission to use them anyway you'd like gondee. Even gave the site a shoutout in the descriptions. :heh

I'll always love this game. :pimp

Last edited by alpmaster on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:44 pm  Post subject: Re: 4 New Master Runs for SSX Classic  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #2
Awesome runs m8

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:53 pm  Post subject: Re: 4 New Master Runs for SSX Classic  
amazing runs man! :)

ZreknarF

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:07 pm  Post subject: Re: 4 New Master Runs for SSX Classic  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Dude, that EA select trick was epic. That's the missing link I couldn't figure out all these years.

I shouldn't need to say it, but worth the wait. :pimp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:30 pm  Post subject: Re: 4 New Master Runs for SSX Classic  
Clayman
Trey wrote:
Awesome runs m8

Thanks Trey.

Jack wrote:
amazing runs man! :)

Thanks... Really tho, shout outs to Jack, it was watching his Tricky stream that really got me to blow the dust of these old thumbs lmao

gondee wrote:
Dude, that EA select trick was epic. That's the missing link I couldn't figure out all these years.

I shouldn't need to say it, but worth the wait. :pimp

Haha, for what it's worth I was deep into the bottom of 3:22s before I discovered it. But this track was really important that I didn't just barely beat ssx4ever, as my name depended on me mastering it.

Now the only person with a fraudulent name is ssx4ever. :rolleyes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:14 am  Post subject: Re: 4 New Master Runs for SSX Classic  
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #3
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
Those were sick runs Alp! I was most
excited to watch the MCM run, I always wondered where you were killing me at.
Any chance of you ever revealing your tokyo run?

(19:57:20) gondee: how does one master the dweeng

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:36 am  Post subject: Re: 4 New Master Runs for SSX Classic  
Clayman
Obi wrote:
Those were sick runs Alp! I was most
excited to watch the MCM run, I always wondered where you were killing me at.
Any chance of you ever revealing your tokyo run?

Thanks. Yea MCM is really my favorite run, it's a brutal track to nail perfectly.

As for TM, I'll definitely be making a video for it. FWIW I had the 'clean' WR at 2:33 on that track. If any one cares I can try and recreate a perfect non-glitched run to show the 'clean' WR time... but really, TM is such a boring track to race on. :heh

As far as my 1:41... Well, I only did 1 lap for that time. :lol The unfortunate thing is that it would be really good to show how to skip laps with a live run, but with this constant-dropped-frames capture card, it's just not gonna happen. I will make a video showing the glitch, in its many forms, as well as how to glitch through multiple laps (can only glitch through 1 lap at a time).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:20 pm  Post subject: Re: 5 New Master Runs for SSX Classic  
How did you stumble across the lap skipping trick the first time? :heh
Anyways thanks for sharing that run, I always thought you just found another select glitched that bumped you up really far lol. Your mcm and tokyo runs have inspired me to dust off the old ps2 and take another crack at them because those were my favorite racing tracks. :china
I still wouldnt mind seeing the clean run. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:19 am  Post subject: Re: 5 New Master Runs for SSX Classic  
Clayman
Obi wrote:
How did you stumble across the lap skipping trick the first time? :heh
Anyways thanks for sharing that run, I always thought you just found another select glitched that bumped you up really far lol. Your mcm and tokyo runs have inspired me to dust off the old ps2 and take another crack at them because those were my favorite racing tracks. :china
I still wouldnt mind seeing the clean run. :thumbsup

Haha the only way to get to be the best at any SSX is always gonna be to think outside the box. You have to constantly ask yourself "what if I did this..."

And yea sure I'll make a clean TM run when I'm done with Mesa. Unfortunately TM requires a good amount of luck to nail the WR run, and right now I barely have enough patience after the millionth restart on Mesablanca because some guy at EA sports apparently kept saying "yea it's good but.... it's gonna need more trees".

Also don't get discouraged if you suck ass when returning to SSX. It's by far the hardest game out of the series. I was nailing consistent 3 minute runs on MCM when I decided I was gonna make a comeback. :heh Just keep playing and the you'll relearn how to manage the games "heavy" physics.

Also, there are 2 select tricks on TM if you want to improve your time. You won't get into the 2:30s without them. :wink

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:33 pm  Post subject: Re: 5 New Master Runs for SSX Classic  
alpmaster wrote:
and right now I barely have enough patience after the millionth restart on Mesablanca because some guy at EA sports apparently kept saying "yea it's good but.... it's gonna need more trees".

Also don't get discouraged if you suck ass when returning to SSX. It's by far the hardest game out of the series. I was nailing consistent 3 minute runs on MCM when I decided I was gonna make a comeback. :heh Just keep playing and the you'll relearn how to manage the games "heavy" physics.

Also, there are 2 select tricks on TM if you want to improve your time. You won't get into the 2:30s without them. :wink

Your trees comment takes me back to the cowbell skit... :heh

Last time I played the original was maybe 05' or 07' when we messaging each other about classic runs. But yeah I expect to suck for a while. Most of the times
I've make a return to a series it goes that way, but then I start breaking personal records again.

I know about 1 select trick, the one I found in my master run but where is the other?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:31 pm  Post subject: Re: 5 New Master Runs for SSX Classic  
Clayman
Obi wrote:
alpmaster wrote:
and right now I barely have enough patience after the millionth restart on Mesablanca because some guy at EA sports apparently kept saying "yea it's good but.... it's gonna need more trees".

Your trees comment takes me back to the cowbell skit... :heh

Last time I played the original was maybe 05' or 07' when we messaging each other about classic runs. But yeah I expect to suck for a while. Most of the times
I've make a return to a series it goes that way, but then I start breaking personal records again.

I know about 1 select trick, the one I found in my master run but where is the other?

Yea I'm the same way. For some reason with these games it seems like skills "marinate" over long periods of rest. :heh

I played TM for about 30 mins today. I got a 2:40 clean replay saved, and and a 1:45 glitched... I didn't even know you had a master run on the page. :lol I watched it. Wasn't bad but try adding these in:

Don't accelerate with boost tap. Regular boost until you reach max speed for your boost color (74 or 71mph), then boost tap. Boost tap sucks at accelerating, but can hold speed well.

There are 2 types of select tricks in SSX 1. In one way, when you reset outside of a shortcut, the games reset point won't put you back in, so you usually puts you at the short cuts end. This is what is happening when you reset over the fan in TM... or for example the select trick on my AIJ run.

The other way is that it reduces air time. This is what it's doing in my select trick on EA and MCM. So what is wasting a bunch of air time on Tokyo Megaplex? :rolleyes

On another note, I have a 2:59.88 master run for Untracked I may upload, but it's so god-awfully boring I may not. :lol

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Master Runs for SSX Classic *UPDATE*  
Clayman
Updated some new videos, check the first post.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:43 pm  Post subject: Re: Master Runs for SSX Classic *UPDATE*  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Will get around to updating the Master Runs here this week. :china

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Master Runs for SSX Classic *UPDATE*  
Clayman
Thank you gondee-san :china

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Master Runs for SSX Classic *UPDATE*  
That mesa run . . . GJ dude! Niiice fucking run man. :thumbsup
I've never seen that shortcut before.

BTW nice song too, "let the drama kid, let the drama kid die" That's the only way I hear that song now :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:20 pm  Post subject: Re: Master Runs for SSX Classic *UPDATE*  
Clayman
Obi wrote:
That mesa run . . . GJ dude! Niiice fucking run man. :thumbsup
I've never seen that shortcut before.

BTW nice song too, "let the drama kid, let the drama kid die" That's the only way I hear that song now :P

Thanks broham, really don't like Mesa or I'd try to bring it down more, so just settled on getting a good enough run for a master run.

And yea chill enough song for such a not-chill track. :lol

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ]