Forum for Games and Chit-Chat topics. Lightly Moderated.
Post a reply

Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:55 pm

Awww I had a Destiny beta code and was all excited. Went to PSN just to find out you have to pre-order the game to play the beta... :cry

What have I been playing? Hmm
PC: Star Citizen (so slow. Way too slow. I don't have the computer to handle it), Kerbal Space Program and some weird game about a mountain. Beyond Good & Evil. I always wanted to play that game but never bought it until now.
Mobile: Monument Valley. I really liked Monument Valley some people said it was too short for the price. Meh, worth it.

I really like those artwork kinda games that just provide something new even if they are short. Keeping my eye on Hohokum for PS3.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:25 pm

Playing a load of TF2 whenever anyone in my close group of friends is around. I've decided that Scout is my calling, and I've been practicing it whenever there aren't any stupid minisentries on the enemy team.

Speaking of which, Crazy_driveR3, you have a really nice unusual. Just thought I'd mention it.

Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:02 pm

TrickyEmu wrote:Beyond Good & Evil. I always wanted to play that game but never bought it until now.

Ooh, do you like this? I've been thinking about it since I heard it's on the PS Store.

Hohokum has that SICK Tycho track. Keeping my...ear on it?? :heh

Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:26 am

You can get Borderlands 2 and Bioshock Infinite for a lower price now, and

I downloaded Destiny Beta on PS4, it is AMAZING, i am so impressed and already addicted :heh :thumbsup

Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:15 pm

Speaking of Borderlands, what do you all think of the Pre-Sequel coming out? Are you going to get it?

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:23 am

Yea we should play a real match together.......i main as scout as well, and its so fun just jumping around shooting people.

And speaking about Borderlands, im going to get The Pre Sequel for PC since its 10x better on it. The PhysX alone on PC is too good to pass up. Im still quite mad that they havent released ANY information about Nisha whatsoever. Most Likely the first character i start off with. But im going to be out of the country when its released so i dont think ill be able to play it. Its still looking good though.

Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:28 pm

Crazy_driveR3 wrote:Yea we should play a real match together.......i main as scout as well, and its so fun just jumping around shooting people.

I'll try join you if you're playing if I'm not already committed to playing with one of my small group of friends, but I just tend to ragequit quite a bit. Mostly when my team is incompetent, or there are minisentries, or there's a natasha heavy. Also, getting oneshot by the Direct hit or Loch-n-Load is annoying, too. But hey, those moments are probably my fault.

Honestly I can deal with minisentries if my team is halfway competent and can destroy them and kill the engi but if they do stay up I get mad because minisentries are the worst thing valve has added to the game, and then because I'm mad I play worse, and then I get more mad and quit.

Oh and shoutout to those moments when you miss every shot in your clip. :frusty

Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:50 pm

Watch The Last of Us: One Night Live Monday, July 28

:eek :eek :eek

I'm totally streaming whatever they show of this.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:13 pm

fml the play is in Santa Monica?? I thought it was in New York or something. I would have gone!!! :frusty

That's what I get for not paying attention to gaming recently.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:03 pm

Aw nooo!

EA is giving away The Sims 2 + every EP and SP for free. Really. http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-get-the-sims-2-ultimate-collection/

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:13 pm

Has anyone here played Rogue Legacy on pc? It came out on psn today and I've been reading about it and it seems like something I might like but it's 17 bucks and I don't want to get burned again. I've been vaguely interested in it, I could have preordered it for a few bucks off but never did since I was still unsure then.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:58 am

Iv'e been trying to enjoy Lightning Returns for a couple of months now, but I just cant!! It is(in my opinion) the worst FF game I have EVER played!! Im so F'cking dissapionted with it. It's the first game I have ever played that I actually didn't bother too even finish. Jeeeez SE!! You can do soooooo much better!! SHAME ON YOU!!

Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:14 pm

I played Rogue Legacy. It wasn't particularly in my tastes, but I could tell it was a good game.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:29 pm

i still havent finished Lightning Returns. Theres just no drive for me to play it :/

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:33 pm

I never even finished FFXIII. :heh I heard it opened up a bit but can't bring myself to that point. Pretty game, though.

The TLoU One Night Live thing was fantastic. So much talent. I just wish the stream wasn't so crappy. They have it archived now, though!

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:21 pm

Crazy_driveR3 wrote:...........

i still havent finished Lightning Returns. Theres just no drive for me to play it :/

Exactly how I feel also. And I dont know who's idea it was to make battles obsolete, but by removing the point of doing battle they removed(again in my opinion) one of the cornerstones of FF. And a cornerstone in any RPG for that matter.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:32 am

Yusssss, finally........some info on Nisha. Ive been waiting for a sliver of details on this character and im not dissappointed

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1215/nisha-s-borderlands-the-pre-sequel-action-skill-revealed

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:57 pm

I was a bit disappointed in her. Honestly she seems like a slightly more braindead gunzerker what with the quick cool down and auto aiming when you pop her action skill.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:11 pm

I'll probably wait till Rogue Legacy is either free for plus or on sale again before I get it. As much as I want it, I don't want to spend 17 bucks on it just yet.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:27 pm

I wanna give Hatoful Boyfriend a try. I love everything bird related. That's my shit. :woot

Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:13 pm

I beat my friend who was insisting that Pyro was OP 6-2 in a pyro vs every other class on arena-granary. I lost as Solly and Demo, but won with every other class. He fell to his death in the pyro v spy match.

I had hoped this would shut him up, but apparently that isn't the case.

Nobody posted so I'm editing in my next post instead of double posting

Been playing Dynasty Warriors 8 XL. It's really been helping me chill out, I love dynasty warriors games. Also, first time I've hit a cap on something in a while.

Click to reveal hidden content: show

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:14 pm

@citylights I finally got myself to play Beyond Good and Evil. 11 years after release. I love it. But, most of all, it's not what I expected. I expected something that feels very much like Rayman 3. But, apparently I had very low expectations. This is on another level gameplay and story wise. It makes Rayman feel like an entertaining demo and I loved that game. It still has that Rayman kind of humor if that's what you're looking for and it feels very.... 2003. Lots of cliches, great atmosphere. Everything you probably miss about the 2000s.

I think if I would buy the game again, maybe I would have bought the console version, Beyond Good and Evil HD. :thumbsup Fun fact. Beyond Good and Evil was supposed to be a trilogy. I really want a sequel now.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:50 am

Beyond Good and Evil was a great game. I'm really ashamed I never got even close to the end.

Despite me telling myself I wouldn't play it again, me and 4 of my other friends want to make a League of Legends team. Nothing serious, just that we don't have to deal with random scrubs in games.

Teemo is my favorite everything of anything. My friend insists we're to have the gimmick of having our team be a "Yordle Gank Squad" and since that doesn't get in the way of my playing Teemo, I'm happy enough to oblige him.

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:40 pm

Ohhh man, 2003 nostalgia? I have to buy it now. Have to. Thanks so much for the impressions, Emu and Cat! :cheers Also on my list: Lovely Planet, Jet Moto.

Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:22 pm

I'm currently without any real games to play. I'm looking forward to Dragon Age Inquisition, but I got bored of Fallout and haven't touched it in a few weeks. I may go back to FF10 just to have something to take up some time.
Post a reply