Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:46 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: Clawz114
Couple of ideas for new Global Events. Not sure if these have been suggested before but here goes,

No Mods allowed events.

Deadly Decent race events without important gear, as follows,

Africa (Kilimanjaro) - No pulse goggles, no headlamp
Patagonia (Fitz Roy) - No wingsuit, no armor
Rockies (Mount Robson) - No wingsuit, no armor
Alps (Mont Blanc) - No wingsuit, no armor
Alaska (Denali) - No wingsuit, no armor
New Zealand (Aoraki) - No wingsuit, no pulse goggles
Siberia (Mount Belukha East) - No wingsuit, no ice axes
Antarctica (Mount Slaughter) - No wingsuit, no solar panels/protection
Himalayas (Mount Everest) - No wingsuit (You can't complete it without oxygen tanks so that region probably wouldn't work)

Last edited by Clawz114 on Mon May 21, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:11 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Can they restrict all that specific gear though? I don't play many GE's so I wouldn't know, but that would be awesome. I'd totally play these.

As for no mods... I think that'd require a patch, since it doesn't seem to be in the game now. They can put in no rewinds though, that'd make the survival runs shorter which seems to be your intention.

Also, do you really want to make no-wingsuit events on Death Zone? Like, I'm down, but that could be tricky.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:18 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
MarcusAnnex wrote:
Can they restrict all that specific gear though? I don't play many GE's so I wouldn't know, but that would be awesome. I'd totally play these.

As for no mods... I think that'd require a patch, since it doesn't seem to be in the game now. They can put in no rewinds though, that'd make the survival runs shorter which seems to be your intention.

Also, do you really want to make no-wingsuit events on Death Zone? Like, I'm down, but that could be tricky.

They seem to be able to do a lot of stuff server side, so maybe mods can be restricted. I know they can restrict solar panels because I used to play a deadly descent that restricted them when the game first came out. Wingsuits can obviously be restricted too, not sure about the other stuff but I presume everything can. I think they can only restrict 2 pieces of gear at a time though.

I actually meant for all of these races to place on each regions deadly descent track, so the Himalayas one would be Mt Everest, but it wouldn't really work without oxygen.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:37 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
I personally like these ideas, but if the King of the Mountain is any indication a fair amount of people that play online don't like "harder" events. The harder the event the less people that will play. I would wager that you are better off setting up custom events for this type of play and just posting them on this board. You will probably get more participants. From my small view of the world. The short duration short track race/trick it events get the most attention online. Hell, I think that I am half way descent and I pick those every time if they are available. One, I don't always a lot of time to play and two, I have a better chance at diamond with those type of events. There's nothing like a quick global event or two to quench my addiction before work.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:47 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Clawz114 wrote:
They seem to be able to do a lot of stuff server side, so maybe mods can be restricted. I know they can restrict solar panels because I used to play a deadly descent that restricted them when the game first came out. Wingsuits can obviously be restricted too, not sure about the other stuff but I presume everything can. I think they can only restrict 2 pieces of gear at a time though.

I actually meant for all of these races to place on each regions deadly descent track, so the Himalayas one would be Mt Everest, but it wouldn't really work without oxygen.

Oh right. Well, I know armor can, so yeah I guess its safe to assume they can do so for headlamps axes and goggles too.

Also Burnout really sucks, but trying it oxygenless could actually be fun as a survival event. You can survive, what, 25 seconds? I'd do it.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:02 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
MarcusAnnex wrote:
Also Burnout really sucks, but trying it oxygenless could actually be fun as a survival event. You can survive, what, 25 seconds? I'd do it.

Something like that. It would basically be a mad rush to see who could go the furthest in 25 seconds...

I'd play it :P

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:52 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
Clawz114 wrote:
MarcusAnnex wrote:

Something like that. It would basically be a mad rush to see who could go the furthest in 25 seconds...

I'd play it :P

Then its settled. Burnout Survive without O2. i would do it.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:21 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: Bildi
I noticed a few longer GEs last night with a fairly decent drop cost - thanks for providing a few options in that regard. :thumbsup

Also, I like the no gear ideas Crazy Drive. I'd really enjoy the Africa events even with just no pulse goggle (but with headlamps still allowed) - pulse goggles kind of ruin those events IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:55 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Clawz114 wrote:
MarcusAnnex wrote:

They seem to be able to do a lot of stuff server side, so maybe mods can be restricted. I know they can restrict
solar panel because I used to play a deadly descent that restricted them when the game first came out. Wingsuits can obviously be restricted too, not sure about the other stuff but I presume everything can. I think they can only restrict 2 pieces of gear at a time though.

I have not played the game for very long time.. There was some issue few years back and was it sorted out? Is there any latest version of game available now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:22 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
ArthurWagner wrote:
Clawz114 wrote:
MarcusAnnex wrote:

They seem to be able to do a lot of stuff server side, so maybe mods can be restricted. I know they can restrict
solar panel because I used to play a deadly descent that restricted them when the game first came out. Wingsuits can obviously be restricted too, not sure about the other stuff but I presume everything can. I think they can only restrict 2 pieces of gear at a time though.

I have not played the game for very long time.. There was some issue few years back and was it sorted out? Is there any latest version of game available now.

there have been a few updates

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Jump to:  

Information
Page 5 of 5 [ 110 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5