Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:21 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:43 pm  Post subject: Am I delusional or do the tracks in SNOW look familiar...?  
XBL: Kaavyn
http://store.steampowered.com/app/244930/

A recently created FTP MMO ski/snowboarding series was released today. I don't want to say they're identical because they're not... but I could literally name some of the stages in their video from SSX 2012. Am I delusional or did these guys rip off SSX (maybe got their hands on Mountain Man data)?

If not then they really did a good job imitating SSX.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:38 am  Post subject: Re: Am I delusional or do the tracks in SNOW look familiar..  
PSN: TaysteChampion
The idea of this sounds awesome!

Free-to-play, open world winter sports game...

freely explore a massive mountain environment on skis or snowboard - alone or with friends...

Be interesting to find out how it plays.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:09 am  Post subject: Re: Am I delusional or do the tracks in SNOW look familiar..  
Holy shit, this looks amazing. It looks like SSX 3, if it was made for PS4 and PCs. I'm definitely keeping an eye on this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:01 am  Post subject: Re: Am I delusional or do the tracks in SNOW look familiar..  
Well there was the dam, and then that one snippet looked like the rock descents. But the levels in SSX are pretty vanilla mountains anyway. Has anyone tried this, is it any good? I thought the animations looked kinda stiff.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:09 am  Post subject: Re: Am I delusional or do the tracks in SNOW look familiar..  
Mus wrote:
I thought the animations looked kinda stiff.

Same. It's really noticable. I think SSX 2012 doesn't have a great deal of animation on grabs and tricks either, but of course all the spinning and flipping distracts from that, and this still seems a lot less dynamic anyway. Gameplay might be really great though, not played it yet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Am I delusional or do the tracks in SNOW look familiar..  
PSN: martymcflyy85
Its missing fireworks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:32 am  Post subject: Re: Am I delusional or do the tracks in SNOW look familiar..  
PSN: Clawz114
TaysteChampion wrote:
Mus wrote:
I thought the animations looked kinda stiff.

Same. It's really noticable. I think SSX 2012 doesn't have a great deal of animation on grabs and tricks either, but of course all the spinning and flipping distracts from that, and this still seems a lot less dynamic anyway. Gameplay might be really great though, not played it yet.

Did you guys miss this part? Seems pretty decent for a game in alpha and still under development.

Quote:
"SNOW is currently in development..."

also this,

Quote:
"...SNOW will go free to play next year.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:24 am  Post subject: Re: Am I delusional or do the tracks in SNOW look familiar..  
Oh. Yeah, I did miss that part. I thought it's like out already. Because that's how much attention I pay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Am I delusional or do the tracks in SNOW look familiar..  
Lol same- I'll be honest I just skimmed everything and watched the video thinking it was out and finished! Haha. I think it was the wording of the OP in this thread that sent me off track. Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:27 pm  Post subject: Re: Am I delusional or do the tracks in SNOW look familiar..  
PSN: martymcflyy85
I'll be interested if its customizable. That would be very cool. We could make our own SSX game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Am I delusional or do the tracks in SNOW look familiar..  
XBL: Kaavyn
Well the sidebar said "Released Oct 10, 2013" which I assumed meant the game released on that date.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Am I delusional or do the tracks in SNOW look familiar..  
PSN: Endemism
Great to see this game makes som progress! Remember seeing it a year back or so, thought it had a lot of potential. Animations looks a bit wonky and I'm not overly keen on the F2P model, but maaan...that mountain side looks gorgeous! Really reminds me of SSX3!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:38 am  Post subject: Re: Am I delusional or do the tracks in SNOW look familiar..  
PSN: Clawz114
Kav wrote:
Well the sidebar said "Released Oct 10, 2013" which I assumed meant the game released on that date.

The alpha released on that date! You can buy it and play it now if you want to, but the game is still being developed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:10 am  Post subject: Re: Am I delusional or do the tracks in SNOW look familiar..  
PSN: TheEvilPengy
It's part of Steam Early Access, hence why it's stated as 'Available Now'.

It's a work in progress atm but it's getting updated frequently

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ]