Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:22 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:56 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
PSN: Donoftea
mahkra wrote:
You have to set a new personal best (Ridernet only adds an update to your feed when you set a new personal best) so that Winonanet can get the data.

This definitely applies to me - I have 100% completion but not many records show through on WinonaNet. I think it might be possible to back up your save / ghost data, then clear that data from your console and set a 'new' record for each track. This could mean that your next scores would be picked up by Ridernet and get fed through to WinonaNet.

Me, I plan to just beat all my old scores, which will take some time. It's good though, WinonaNet has given me a whole new reason for playing again :thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:21 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
PSN: TaysteChampion
Ticklemeozmo, this new version of WinonaNet is so much better than the old one. I would never have thought it possible, but you have, you've made SSX a better game with WinonaNet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:27 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
mahkra wrote:
Xedec wrote:
understandable, but I already have every track beat. Looks like some don't want to register but ill try again.

You have to set a new personal best (Ridernet only adds an update to your feed when you set a new personal best) so that Winonanet can get the data.

This is not true. You do not have to beat your personal best for the score to submit. Yesterday I raced on Punch Up. A track that I had no record for on WinonaNet. I got a 1:36, a worse time than my 1:34 personal best. The score still came up on WinonaNet. SO I guess you can just set anything and it will submit to WinonaNet if you are connected to RiderNet and be patient for your score to submit. The reason my scores never submitted is because before I found WinoneNet I was not patient, and if RiderNet failed (which it often did) I would just press "forfeit" when it asked me. DON'T press forfeit. Press retry and keep retrying until it submits.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:01 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
TaysteChampion wrote:
mahkra wrote:
Xedec wrote:
understandable, but I already have every track beat. Looks like some don't want to register but ill try again.

This is not true. You do not have to beat your personal best for the score to submit. Yesterday I raced on Punch Up. A track that I had no record for on WinonaNet. I got a 1:36, a worse time than my 1:34 personal best. The score still came up on WinonaNet. SO I guess you can just set anything and it will submit to WinonaNet if you are connected to RiderNet and be patient for your score to submit. The reason my scores never submitted is because before I found WinoneNet I was not patient, and if RiderNet failed (which it often did) I would just press "forfeit" when it asked me. DON'T press forfeit. Press retry and keep retrying until it submits.

i can't say that I have had the same experience. I set a score on J2 when PSN was down and WinonaNET did not get an update until I beat my score again and I did finish a number of runs trying.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:03 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
PSN: sparkness08
It's a first class, top notch job you've done with winnonanet Ozmo. Amazing work, and yes, it's made me want to better my scores even more.

https://ssx.ozmonet.com/user/275926760

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:56 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Pemdas82 wrote:

i can't say that I have had the same experience. I set a score on J2 when PSN was down and WinonaNET did not get an update until I beat my score again and I did finish a number of runs trying.

Hmm. Well check my Punch Up on WinonaNet. You will see I set a 1:36 set recently. Now go to Punch Up race in explore and check my time. You will see that it is 1:34

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:35 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
XBL: mahkraFUD
Maybe your 1:34 never made it into RiderNet? There could be some logic in RiderNet that keeps a server-side record of your scores and only broadcasts a new run to your friends if your new score is better than the one RiderNet thinks is your best.

We could check this idea by seeing if your 1:34 shows up on your friends' in-game leaderboards or if they only see the 1:36.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:02 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
mahkra wrote:
Maybe your 1:34 never made it into RiderNet? There could be some logic in RiderNet that keeps a server-side record of your scores and only broadcasts a new run to your friends if your new score is better than the one RiderNet thinks is your best.

We could check this idea by seeing if your 1:34 shows up on your friends' in-game leaderboards or if they only see the 1:36.

It didn't make it into RiderNet. If it did it would be on WinonaNet no? Or maybe I am missing something. I don't know about this kind of stuff. But I set 1:34 about 5 months ago. Then yesterday I got a 1:36. It hasn't beaten my personal best, yet it still submitted to WinonaNet. Point being, in the case of Xedec, he has records that are not on WinonaNet. He doesn't have to beat these records to submit a record to WinonaNet - he can set a record worse than his personal best and it will still submit. Going by my experience of Punch Up yesterday at least.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:44 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
I didn't know how old your 1:34 was. If someone has records from maybe June 2012 or earlier (or later if they weren't using WinonaNet right away), those records could be in RiderNet without being in WinonaNet. And as I understand it, you need to set a new RiderNet personal best or RiderNet will not send that update to your friends.

RiderNet also posts the update on your own wall, and I've never had an update post to my wall without setting a new personal best.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:00 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
mahkra wrote:
I didn't know how old your 1:34 was. If someone has records from maybe June 2012 or earlier (or later if they weren't using WinonaNet right away), those records could be in RiderNet without being in WinonaNet. And as I understand it, you need to set a new RiderNet personal best or RiderNet will not send that update to your friends.

RiderNet also posts the update on your own wall, and I've never had an update post to my wall without setting a new personal best.

Ah ok. Well the update would post to your wall if your personal best didn't submit to RiderNet. Probably Xedecs records are of the old variety and he will need to beat his PB. GOod to know though, thanx.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:40 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
XBL: TickleMeOzmo
Tayste, please stop spreading lies and propaganda, you are the North Korea of information. :P mahkra is 100% right.

In order for a score to make it to WinonaNET, you must satisfy ALL of the following:
* be ONLINE (if the score does not submit to Ridernet, I cannot get it)
* beat your old score (if your score does not beat your old score, no message gets created)
* be in the last 3 weeks (I cannot grab scores older than 3 weeks, that why I download them all)
* be in your last 50 top scores (only 50 scores show up in the feed).

I only started scraping scores in mid June, and from there, only from users on friendlists of those who logged into WinonaNET, like a spiderweb. If you made friends with a WinonaNET user in November, but had a score in July, but you are out of luck.

If you beat your top score for a track, then beat it again 4 more times (5 total), I see all 5 times in the feed, and I save all 5 times, but I only show the best. Therefore, in order for me to get your scores, you should log in early, and log in often. :)

I will not manually add scores. I feel it's a violation of the trust the users put in me. Believe me, I want SO BAD to put my survive scores in for Alaska that I did before WinonaNET, but if I'm not willing to do it for everyone, I won't do it for myself.

It is, by far, not the best method, but that's what I'm constrained with. I'm only as good as the data provided to me through Ridernet. Ask Batty for a better API for me for SSX 2: Electric Boogaloo (2014) :battyshifty

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:00 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
ticklemeozmo wrote:
Tayste, please stop spreading lies and propaganda, you are the North Korea of information. :P mahkra is 100% right.

In order for a score to make it to WinonaNET, you must satisfy ALL of the following:
* be ONLINE (if the score does not submit to Ridernet, I cannot get it)
* beat your old score (if your score does not beat your old score, no message gets created)
* be in the last 3 weeks (I cannot grab scores older than 3 weeks, that why I download them all)
* be in your last 50 top scores (only 50 scores show up in the feed).

Why did my score make it then when I did NOT beat my old score? I can make a screenshot to prove it if you don't believe me. But why would I lie about this? I am just saying what happened. I set a score LOWER than my old score and it DID submit to WinonaNet.

Edit: Propaganda? :pimp

http://postimage.org/image/gjdxh8ov5/full/ and this 1:34.63 time is 5+ months old.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it! Turns out a score DOESN'T necessarily have to beat your old score to make it to WinonaNet!!! :china

Actually Ozmo, I noticed something weird in the creation of that image... It says that I set 21.7m on The Dilemma, but if you click The Dilemma you will see that I have 24.2m on it. I set the 21.7m score first then improved it to 24.2m. For some reason the main page is showing the 21.7m :???

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:38 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Just change oz's statement to "Beat your old RiderNet score" and it's 100% consistent with your experience.

Oz is on xbox, so he probably doesn't have any experience with scores failing to upload to RiderNet.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:16 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
mahkra wrote:
Oz is on xbox, so he probably doesn't have any experience with scores failing to upload to RiderNet.
#firstworldproblems I don't have any problems with Ridernet failing, sorry that I chose Xbox over PSN.

TaysteChampion wrote:
Actually Ozmo, I noticed something weird in the creation of that image... It says that I set 21.7m on The Dilemma, but if you click The Dilemma you will see that I have 24.2m on it. I set the 21.7m score first then improved it to 24.2m. For some reason the main page is showing the 21.7m :???
It's happening again! Ridernet is posting scores out of order again! This really :mad pisses me off! Bear with me as I rewrite the algorithm AGAIN! #blamebatty :frusty

As you can see, your scores came in OUT OF ORDER. Your 21.7m score came in AFTER your 24m score. I currently sort by order because in order to calculate 168 tracks EVERY TIME is severely LOAD heavy.
Code:
postid      dropid      score       timestamp   source      added
----------  ----------  ----------  ----------  ----------  ----------
27414732    2431613691  21756220    1363014384  243780544   1363015486
27414302    2431613691  24268244    1363013130  243780544   1363013295
27413900    2431613691  21130996    1363011979  243780544   1363013295

Your AWESOMESCORE(tm) is calculated correctly (that's stored in another table which DOES sort and order by score properly), and your WinonaNET certificate is calculated correctly (again, different algorithm because its' a single query). The problem is I cannot do 168 single queries EVERY TIME someone visits their scoreboard page. Please bear with me as I fix this crap.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:31 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Ahh yes yes... I remember now. I tried to beat the 24m and failed. :P

Hey and don't worry about it, I noticed I got the correct awesome score for it. Hehe. *looks for a smiley with shades on but cannot find one* Doh!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:36 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
XBL: greatsinister
:wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:06 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
XBL: crispaholic
PSN: krispaholik
just want to say hello and awesome job on this, the update is very swanky indeed! lol great job

Follow me on Twitter
Check out my latest and best on Youtube

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:17 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
crispaholic wrote:
just want to say hello and awesome job on this, the update is very swanky indeed! lol great job
Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:43 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Racing: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #3
XBL: Xedec
PSN: MrXedec
Dude the site is like my life I love it and its very awesome! :) ever thought of a built in chat for the people logged on or a messaging system? I usually have to use Facebook, Merqurycity, or YouTube to message people I'm competing with.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:44 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Wow... haven't checked in for quite some time. This is amazing! I can pretty much retire my spreadsheet now :D. Great work!

Looks like I need to boot up the game again and see if I can dust off my (mediocre) skills...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:08 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Xedec wrote:
Dude the site is like my life I love it and its very awesome! :)
I know.
Xedec wrote:
ever thought of a built in chat for the people logged on or a messaging system? I usually have to use Facebook, Merqurycity, or YouTube to message people I'm competing with.
I considered it, but there are already WAY too many ways to get in contact with people, the world does not need another mediocre way to do it.
Abaddon wrote:
Wow... haven't checked in for quite some time. This is amazing! I can pretty much retire my spreadsheet now :D. Great work!
Thank you!
Abaddon wrote:
Looks like I need to boot up the game again and see if I can dust off my (mediocre) skills...
Yeah, that's the only embarrassing part, you now how ~5000 riders to contend with, rather than your select 100.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:21 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Was just s thought. For me it's a hassle to switch between ozmonet, facebook, and youtube.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:27 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Can anyone log into winonanet? It wont let me log in. it just goes to an error page and asked if i want to reload or give me blank page.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:23 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Xedec wrote:
Can anyone log into winonanet? It wont let me log in. it just goes to an error page and asked if i want to reload or give me blank page.
Try now.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:52 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
This Day In History!
May 27, 2012 - And So It Shall Be Named...

From the IRC Channel:
Code:
[23:29] < ticklemeozmo> cender, i need a name. i cant use the current name for it...
[23:30] < cender> winonanet
[23:31] < cender> winona rider is a thief, we're steeling ridernet info.... there ya go
[23:31] < ticklemeozmo> boom

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 10 of 11 [ 260 posts ]  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11