Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:18 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: TaysteChampion
kfarrowatl wrote:
but the 3-2-1 events have only been around since August of 2011
you mean 2012 ;)

Welcome to Merq, Largo! 3-2-1 is still good, and if you got some mates who play SSX you can create your own events!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:01 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: chaplin21
TaysteChampion wrote:
kfarrowatl wrote:
but the 3-2-1 events have only been around since August of 2011
you mean 2012 ;)

Welcome to Merq, Largo! 3-2-1 is still good, and if you got some mates who play SSX you can create your own events!

Mates? Nah, only have one friend on PSN who plays this game and he refuses to give me more of his records to smash (no means to sound cocky).

Might try adding some people from the PSN/XBL Usernames thread just so I can keep replay-ability up as high as possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:19 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
It's been a long time since I played SSX but I've been playing it a few times last week. I still don't see the other riders in 321-events. Does everyone have this problem or is it just me? the 321-events are just as boring as the other modes now...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:48 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: SledDawg_KR
The ability to see other riders during 3-2-1 Go! events is closely related to which EA server you are connected to. As mentioned previously, there are several servers running the 3-2-1 events--and--your connection to one server vs. another might change your ability to see other riders as well as determine your OWN visibility. This is why rider visibility fluctuates. Also, riders won't neccessarily connect to the same server each day--that's why one day you may see "rider X" and the next day you won't.

Generally, the "most popular" 3-2-1 events (as posted on the RiderNet wall) are populated with several riders each day. The downside to posting these "most popular" events is that it tends to corral 3-2-1 riders into only one trick and one race event. If there ARE other populated 3-2-1 events (which does happens ocassionally) you must go searching for them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: Psychedelic667
Thanks for explanation Kfarrowatl, it makes sense. But why in the first months there wasn´t this problem and I could see everybody?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
Psychedelic667 wrote:
Thanks for explanation Kfarrowatl, it makes sense. But why in the first months there wasn´t this problem and I could see everybody?

When 3-2-1 GO! events first launched in August 2012, there was a single server for the events. It was when additional servers were added that that rider visibility issues started happening. Initially, when these additional servers were added, NO other riders were visible on 3-2-1 events! Eventually, it has evolved to where it is today: some riders are visible, some aren't -- dependant upon which server individuals are connected to.

Sadly, it seems like the visibility issues are here to stay. Although it was really great there for the few iniitial weeks of 3-2-1 when ALL other competing riders were visible, I am glad that at least SOME are visible now - even if it is sporadic and random.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:47 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
Damn, I haven't seen any riders so far so I guess the 321-fun is over or me. Knowing why doesn't make it any better :-)
Thanks for your response kfarrowatl!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:30 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
Anyone notice that this has happened again?
Haven't seen another rider on a 3-2-1 GO! event in quite some time :(
Not even the "normal", sporadic appearance.
Frustration sets in yet again..... :frusty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:00 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
I play GEs every day and I haven't seen any other rider for at least a week now... maybe longer.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: Otter111
Same here. I don't see nada 1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:30 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
Quick poll here.....

Has anyone spotted other riders during a "Global" or "3-2-1 GO!" event recently?
It's been a few weeks since I've "seen" anyone else, and was just curious if others were still having the same issue?

What a shame if this feature is gone forever. :??? :???

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
XBL: JaySTeeY
I just ran about 10 races in 3-2-1, most with 1 or 2 other riders, a few with 3, and one with 4! Got my butt kicked, but it was some good fun! I could see all the racers each time, so was interesting following their ghost tracks, and seeing how they shaved seconds off each run. Wish I could remember the drop, must have been in Alaska, as there was the red oil pipes throughout the run.

The few other times I did 3-2-1 events since I bought SSX a few weeks ago, I am sure I could always see the other rider(s).

As far as Global Events, I almost always see at least one or two ghost tracks, well, before they get ahead of me down the run. Must of been a blast when the game was new, and there were 100's of racers on the slopes.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
That's cool JTYooper. Are you on PSN? Also, yeah it would have been one of the 3 tracks at the peak of Silverthrone in Alaska.

Edit: Just seen your XBL. The disappearance of the other riders in 3-2-1 is only a PSN thing. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:16 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: Otter111
I played 321 trick events this past weekend on PSN for an hour or so on (two different accounts) and never saw another riders ghost. It's a bummer too since there was usually 4-6 people competing every run...back in the day you'd to see 1-3.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:45 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
TaysteChampion wrote:
Edit: Just seen your XBL. The disappearance of the other riders in 3-2-1 is only a PSN thing. I think.

Now that you mention it, I see that almost every person posting here has a PSN tag (a few are blank, none call out XBL).

0tter111 wrote:
I played 321 trick events this past weekend on PSN for an hour or so on (two different accounts) and never saw another riders ghost. It's a bummer too since there was usually 4-6 people competing every run...back in the day you'd to see 1-3.

So you see them in the pre-game lobby list (helicopter), where all riders start the run? But once the event starts, you never see them jump from the 'copter? Just curious...

I can see why it is a bummer not seeing the other riders. When I ran the one race where there were five of us, it was great seeing all the other riders ahead of me (yes, I was losing...). Certainly drove me to find a faster line, earn more boost, etc.

Hoping to play more this weekend, wife is home tonight, so probably a no-go until Sat nite...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:38 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
JTYooper wrote:
Now that you mention it, I see that almost every person posting here has a PSN tag (a few are blank, none call out XBL).

Yep and MarcusAnnex is PSN. It is good that we have a good cross console relationship on these forums. No XBL guy respectably did not come in here and troll us and laugh that we don't see other riders. :china

And yeah it is a real shame, seeing the other riders in 3-2-1 Go is/was all of the excitement, intregue, mystery for me.. especially playing 3-2-1 Go back in the beginning days with Morten_W_91 and Zockende_Socke... there was ALWAYS a line to follow. I picked up a lot of my moves from that. When I first bought the Mt Eddie DLC I didn't know where I was going, and first time I ever played on the slopes at The Big Wachowski was 3-2-1 Go with those two, their blue trails getting thinner and thinner and then eventually... gone. As we played it more I could manage to make their lines last longer and longer :lol

JTYooper wrote:
So you see them in the pre-game lobby list (helicopter), where all riders start the run? But once the event starts, you never see them jump from the 'copter? Just curious...

Yes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:54 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
TaysteChampion wrote:
Yep and MarcusAnnex is PSN. It is good that we have a good cross console relationship on these forums. No XBL guy respectably did not come in here and troll us and laugh that we don't see other riders. :china

Haha, don't worry, no trolling from me! I'm a casual gamer in my mid-forties, no time or need for drama like that.

And I was wrong on what drop it was that I played the multiple 3-2-1 runnings the other nite, it was JT2 in the Rockies. (I have no idea why I said the oil pipes, must have been some other GEs that I was thinking of.) I played the heck out of JT2 the last two days, and finally beat the records of my meager two in-game Rivals. Had to memorize their lines, then try to maintain full boost and have the best run I could muster. Damn, that was mentally draining, I don't know how everybody here can do it with ALL the drops, wow.

I really need to learn how to jump off of rails, cannot get it to work consistently. Needed to do that on JT2 to take the faster line, but at full boost can never get it right.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:44 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
Well, you can use the wingsuit for some big shortcuts on JT2, I have seen people do it but it's probably really hard to pull off. I don't know becuase I haven't ever used wingsuit on JT2. When I first got the game I could not use the wingsuit effectively so I decided to not use it at all. Now on most tracks I can't beat my board race times using the wingsuit unless there is a huge shortcut (like on patagonia tracks).

Anyway, yeah it is very mentally draining but it is not so much once you learned everything better. I know how you feel because I am currently learning to play Classic, switching from Standard. Earlier today was my first time trying it, and its absolutely draining. I have muscle memory to standard as well, so I kept pressing the standard trick buttons and it would rewind me. I couldn't detach from rails properly and just getting into tricky was exhausting. Trying to remember to switch to the Dpad to flip while also trying to remember what trick wasnt duplicate! Ahhg!

I had to stop after about an hour. So I will probably learn slow and steady just a little bit at a time.

As for rails, you can detach them with L2 (standard) or Triangle (classic). You can hold the stick left or right before and as you detach to come off to the left or right. Put the stick straight you can detach straight too.

You can do an uber detach by double tapping (or tapping but I always double tap) a trick button (standard) or holding a trick button (classic), just before you detach and you wil get an uber detach, boosting you off the rail - and this uber detach is really useful to use just before the end of the final rail on JT2.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:18 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
I figured I would drag this topic up front since 3-2-1 events are ONCE AGAIN experiencing Sporadic and/or Erratic rider ghosts! :rolleyes
Seems like it started happening around Easter time and hasn't improved since. I may see 1 other rider, and at BEST 2, but it has been a few weeks since ALL other riders were visible. This is a very frustrating isssue, which not only makes it impossible to see what other riders are "up to" on events, but also removes most of the fun of joining 3-2-1's. We had it good there--for about a year--when ALL riders ghost were visible on each and every event! Now you are LUCKY to see one or two. My thought is that due to the age of SSX 2012, EA must have removed some of it's servers running RiderNet, and this is the result. Anyone out there STILL able to see everyone else? I play on PSN, so, not sure about you folks on XBox.
IMHO, they have removed the "heart" of SSX, once again!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:03 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
XBL: FernandeathCH
PSN: FernandeathCH
I agree, but on the other hand since then (the new disappearence), I can connect with my ps3 accont on ozmonet.com (from my PC). :heh

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:57 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
XBL: PeacefulJarl379
We boxers see every the last time i checked. BTW, they are useless nowadays, there are like 1 or 2 gamers, back when I wasnt live there were mils, december were dozens, now nothin

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 2 [ 46 posts ]  1, 2