Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:48 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:23 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
PSN: aceofthorns
So um, how does awesomescore work? Like what does it measure?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:13 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
aceofthorns wrote:

It measures how many standard deviations you are away from the average score/time

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:41 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
XBL: TickleMeOzmo
aceofthorns wrote:
It's a very simple Statistics 101 calculation. If you are Asian, it's elementary math; if you are European, it's high school math; if you are American, you'll never need it and we're probably never taught it. ;)

Wikipedia sez a standard deviation shows how much variation or "dispersion" exists from the average (mean, or expected value). A low standard deviation indicates that the data points tend to be very close to the mean; high standard deviation indicates that the data points are spread out over a large range of values.

An average doesn't give you all the info. Scores of [8, 9, 10, 11, 12] and [0, 5, 10, 15, 20] both give you an average of 10. If you think the score of 20 in the second one is BETTER than the score of 12 in the first set, you'd be wrong. The score of 20 in the second example is equally as rare as the score of 12 in the first example. The standard deviation helps see that the score of 20 in the second example wasn't all that "awesome" compared to the score of 12 in the first example as they both the same standard deviation away.

An AwesomeScore(tm) of +1 means you are one (1) standard deviation ABOVE the average. Since 10 seconds faster than average on The Big Wachowski (a very long track) is easy, but 10 seconds faster than average on Luge Your Way is not as easy, the standard deviation helps "balance" an achievement and give a sense of (for the lack of a better term) awesomeness.

As every score gets added to the scoreboard, the AwesomeScore(tm) for each track gets recalculated. When I first did the calculations (in October), I was a +0.21 in Racing, now I'm a +0.03. Since my AwesomeScore lowered, but I never submitted any new records that means my scores are now closer to average (0.00 being EXACTLY average), which means that competition is heating up and people are getting better (by posting faster racing scores!)

Last edited by ticklemeozmo on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:43 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
There's a lot of info well presented. One aim seems to be to encourage players to complete every event. Good idea.
On a personal note - I used to be no. 1 in Survive It out of 200+ players ..... now I'm no. 1 out of 2 players.
Not quite so impressive and very unlikely to persuade my g/f that the hours I play SSX is time profitably spent :8|
Anyway - nice work / well done.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:53 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
PSN: Otter111
I think it means only 2people have completed all survive-it tracks...and of those folks you're # 1. Don't worry, I'll complete my last one this weekend and you should be 1out of 3. Your GF will be so impressed. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:54 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
XBL: mahkraFUD
Oz, the graphs are great! :thumbsup Especially the one on the Latest Scores page. :china
chromemaps wrote:
I used to be no. 1 in Survive It out of 200+ players ..... now I'm no. 1 out of 2 players.

If you go to Awesomescore -> Survive (middle of the top bar) then you can see the full list of 241 players with enough Survive scores to make the scoreboard.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:10 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
Quote:
MercuryCity Forums

Ahem.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:10 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
gondee wrote:
Quote:
MercuryCity Forums
Ahem.
If that's your biggest complaint, I'll consider it a job well done. ;)

And yes, everyone else, the goal is to celebrate GAME COMPLETION. The leaderboards are only FOR people who completed the section/game. And the rest of the scores are sorted by completion. The game has been out a year, finish it already. Stop cherry picking your favorite tracks and play them all!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:16 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
ticklemeozmo wrote:
gondee wrote:
Quote:
MercuryCity Forums
Ahem.
If that's your biggest complaint, I'll consider it a job well done. ;)

And yes, everyone else, the goal is to celebrate GAME COMPLETION. The leaderboards are only FOR people who completed the section/game. And the rest of the scores are sorted by completion. The game has been out a year, finish it already. Stop cherry picking your favorite tracks and play them all!

Most of use have finished every track. Personally, I completed all golds before your scoreboard came out. winonaNET say I pretty much only have trick it scores. I simple chose not to play race it or survive it any more because I like trick it better.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:01 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Pemdas82 wrote:
Most of use have finished every track. Personally, I completed all golds before your scoreboard came out. winonaNET say I pretty much only have trick it scores. I simple chose not to play race it or survive it any more because I like trick it better.
Well, la di da. ;) Then, with lvl 15 gear, it should be easy to best those golds and get your scores internationally recognized.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:44 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Damn Ozmo! This is REALLY making me want to get my PS3 fixed.

AWESOME work, and I love the layout and ease of finding what you want :thumbsup

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:32 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
MarcusAnnex wrote:
Damn Ozmo! This is REALLY making me want to get my PS3 fixed.

You are missed! Get yerself back on the slopes pronto :woot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:01 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Login to get your signature code like the one below!

Secondly, global events are live. After you log in, click your name in the upper right!

And we just broke 4,000 RIDERS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:05 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
:heh That is awesome Ozmo. EA should hire you. :heh

By the way, we have completed the first step of the rankings revamp, (go take a look, the new standings are up if you'd like to see. This is with Mahkra's formula.) We'll revamp teh scoreboard submission screen next I think, and then we'll move onto WinonaNet integration. I'll get you that table of track ID's in a week or two after the submissions screen stuff is done.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:30 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
gondee wrote:
:heh That is awesome Ozmo. EA should hire you. :heh
I am SINGLE-HANDEDLY taking credit for the revival these recent months. :)

gondee wrote:
We'll revamp teh scoreboard submission screen next I think, and then we'll move onto WinonaNet integration. I'll get you that table of track ID's in a week or two after the submissions screen stuff is done.
Of course, I'll just need a line or two with the cross-promotion on the scoreboard. "Submit scores easier! Log into ssx.ozmonet.com" or something. And perhaps a front-page endorsement (above the fold) with the announcement. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:47 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
ticklemeozmo wrote:
gondee wrote:
Of course, I'll just need a line or two with the cross-promotion on the scoreboard. "Submit scores easier! Log into ssx.ozmonet.com" or something. And perhaps a front-page endorsement (above the fold) with the announcement. :)

:heh You'll get both I think. I do realize it will be a big deal. Thanks for being available for feedback.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:59 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
XBL: Joker Smoker 70
PSN: Joker_Smoker_70
Yeehaw! You are indeed a wizard of high magic Ozmo - I was glued to this for a couple of days, comparing scores and working on different runs (I aspire to stay in the top five with Chrome in Trick It, lol) :woot

What with your spangly new winonaNET and talk of the 1st anniversary, a couple of days ago I decided to shell-out for SSX on the PS3 and see how the other half live. On that note, at present I only have Minn and two other friends on my list so feel free to hit me up PSN people (or xbox for that matter), I'm feeling a bit lonely and would especially lke some tricksters :D

Thanks again Ozmo :china

I've been playing SSX on xbox 360 since release day, but now play ooccasionally on PS3. Feel free to add me - the more the merrier!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:19 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Joker Smoker 70 wrote:
I aspire to stay in the top five with Chrome in Trick It, lol) :woot

:lol I'm glad you've seen that... you were ahead of me but I've put some work into Trick It lately and I've just sneaked ahead of you.
Don't worry though - I'm not a great trickster ... you are better than me... but its fun battling it out :woot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:36 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
XBL: I am minne
PSN: I__AM__MINE
ticklemeozmo wrote:
Login to get your signature code like the one below!

Good work man!!! :thumbsup

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:40 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Now with InstaScore(tm) Technology!

Every time someone logs in to update their scores, the bot will announce it to the channel!
Code:
[20:03] <@   MacFraser> -WinonaNET New Score- Joker Smoker 70 scored 6,944,922 on Snake Bite about 56 mins ago [AwesomeScore(tm): 0.91, Place: 23]

Additionally, if you are logged into WinonaNET, an alert will occur!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:19 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
  • SSX (2012): Racing: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #3
XBL: Xedec
PSN: MrXedec
So I have a question ozmo... How come on the awesome scores leaderboards for race it, b20471120 is 1st with 1.91 and I am 18th with 2.04? how does that work? That is confusing me. can you explain this?
http://ssx.ozmonet.com/awesome/race

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:38 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
XBL: FernandeathCH
PSN: FernandeathCH
I think you just need to beat your previous score on the 3 or 4 races where you have no time registered...because the ranking give more credits to the people who finish the whole races !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:57 am  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
Xedec wrote:
So I have a question ozmo... How come on the awesome scores leaderboards for race it, b20471120 is 1st with 1.91 and I am 18th with 2.04? how does that work? That is confusing me. can you explain this?
http://ssx.ozmonet.com/awesome/race

Fernandeath wrote:
I think you just need to beat your previous score on the 3 or 4 races where you have no time registered...because the ranking give more credits to the people who finish the whole races !

Fernandeath is correct. The rankings are sorted by COMPLETION, then by score.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:58 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
  • SSX (2012): Racing: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #3
XBL: Xedec
PSN: MrXedec
understandable, but I already have every track beat. Looks like some don't want to register but ill try again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:09 pm  Post subject: Re: WinonaNET - v2.0 Released! Cleaner, Sexier Stats!  
XBL: mahkraFUD
Xedec wrote:
understandable, but I already have every track beat. Looks like some don't want to register but ill try again.

Winonanet is only getting data from the Ridernet Feed, which I think oz said stores like the last 30 scores you've set. It doesn't have a way to access any scoreboards; it's just saving all of the update notices and using those to build a scoreboard.

Your older best times might not be in Winonanet. Also, at first oz was not automatically polling Ridernet for updates, so if you set more than 30 new scores without logging in then Winonanet would only get some of your new scores when you next logged in.

You have to set a new personal best (Ridernet only adds an update to your feed when you set a new personal best) so that Winonanet can get the data.

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 9 of 11 [ 260 posts ]  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11