Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:58 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 344  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:08 pm  Post subject: SSX3 Records  
Gravitude MVP
Well, this topic is for everyone to post their current records:

Big Air: 673K
Slopestyle: 603K (all in 1 move :D)
Racing: Bleh... The only somewhat respectable time, IMO ( nowhere near FBX) is in Metro City - 2:46
Longest Combo: 43
Biggest One Move Combo: Stated above, but once more... 603K

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 10:24 pm  Post subject:   
superpipe: perpendiculous 793k. blew 850k+ twice though
big air: cant remember
slopestyle: not sure, but i know i've done past 500k
racing: one im proud of, 2:47 on gravitude
longest combo: 30...i dont use the combo all that much
biggest one move combo: on much 2 much, the whole course

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:24 am  Post subject:   
Ass-Kisser Extraordinaire
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX Blur: Showoff: #3
XBL: gondeeSSX
PSN: gondeeSSX
superpipe: 660K Perpendiculous...that was online too with no multipliers :eek
big air: I think around 230K, but I'm not sure. I know that was on Much2Much...

slopestyle: I can't do shit on slopestyle - I don't think I've broken 300K. Still love playing and getting my ass kicked on line, lol.

racing: 2:41 on The Throne. Others not to certain about, nothing to brag about I'm sure.

longest combo: Combos aren't much, really. Just stand in one place and do 180's, you'll get combos galore.

biggest one move combo: Much2Much, whole course. You have to in order to beat that friggin course. :mad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:26 am  Post subject:   
Self-contained Sanitarium
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #3
I can't stand slopestyle. It's like the worst parts of the old showoff modes combined to make your head explode with frustration and anger. "Big Air" events on the otherhand are very fun! Superpipe is great for 2-player comp too.

Of course, I've been focusing on races and backcountry times. Here's what i got for peak 1 so far:

Happyness: 2:31
Snow Jam: 2:25
Metro City: 2:30

Peak 1 race: something around over 9 minutes, but I haven't begun to work on it yet.

Happyness is getting hard for me to find better paths now, but the others still have a ways to go just yet.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 7:54 am  Post subject:   
p0rn Star
PSN: YoshiExcel
is happyness that course where mac challenges you for a time of 11.30? that is freakin HARD!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:12 am  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
Hey FBX, what is your time on Gravitude?

I pulled off 2:43... I am sure you have something like 1 minute... But, I am just wondering..

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:17 am  Post subject:   
thats happiness jam

let me get this straight though, gondee, you can have multipliers on perpendiculous? lol...i'll have to try that one after i get home from work and go to free ride.

in CtM, the multipliers are only on slopestyle, but i can just imagine hitting a 2x, 3x, 5x, or even the new 10x multiplier in a superpipe. slopestyle is awesome, but the tricks are just too close together. R&B is the best one, Peak 2 and 3 are just a pain in the ass

i forget which slopestyle event it was on, but there's a rail that does a loop that i got onto before with a 10x multiplier. i did the hand stand rail uber. looks awesome going upside down :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:57 am  Post subject:   
well the most slopestyle points i have gotten is about 750,000 goin against nate in a backcountry slopestyle challenge!

Superpipe i had one around 550,000 i can't remember where though!

Longet combo was like 40 something i think

I was lookin at the scores posted here and i was like, im not dion to bad, and then i remebered that my characters (Mac's) stas are all still between 5 and 7 cause i bought the SSX3000 board and didn't have any money left over to boost my guy up.( gotta earn some more cash), so considering that, i think i'm gunna kick some serious ass when i get Mac to full stats. That, and starting tommorow morning i get to play for three days straight. i'm gunna have blisters.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:10 am  Post subject:   
Quote:
I can't stand slopestyle. It's like the worst parts of the old showoff modes combined to make your head explode with frustration and anger. "Big Air" events on the otherhand are very fun! Superpipe is great for 2-player comp too.

Word, and word! :yes I think FBX and I don't like Slopestyle because we are racers at heart - showoffers may love it, but it to me it's frustruating unless you know the track 100% and at this point I just don't. However, I love big air - especially Much2Much. I also enjoy superpipe, and seem to be a little better at it.

Quote:
Happyness is getting hard for me to find better paths now, but the others still have a ways to go just yet.

Yeah, I can believe that. I make one slight variation from your path online and you're so far ahead I can't even see you!

Quote:
let me get this straight though, gondee, you can have multipliers on perpendiculous? lol...i'll have to try that one after i get home from work and go to free ride

I probably should have said "bonuses", :lol. No, there aren't any multipliers - that WOULD get insane, lol. But there aren't any powerups in any of the ranked races online, so I think my 660K would have been a little higher had I caught some point bonuses in the regular game :yes

Quote:
Peak 2 and 3 are just a pain in the ass

I LOVE peak 2 slopestyle (can't remember the name) - the one with the vertical loop. That's so cool. Ok, off to play.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:20 am  Post subject:   
Quote:
I LOVE peak 2 slopestyle (can't remember the name) - the one with the vertical loop. That's so cool. Ok, off to play.

I think u mean the style mile gondee :yes

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:08 pm  Post subject:   
Self-contained Sanitarium
  • SSX Tricky: Racing: #3
Actually Gondee, my online path against you was weak! I have since found a better one that will allow me to break into the 2:30's online. I have a 2:42 up right now (done against FishEye's 3:08), but that was before my new path.

Also, just set a new time offline for Metro City of 2:20 flat. That run had 2 bad wipeouts in it, so my initial target of 2:10 I told Gondee is now well within reach.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:02 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
I just busted 2.05 Million on the All Peak Showoff... :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:29 pm  Post subject:   
Yeah, that was awesome! I loved that! :D That's definitely going on the scoreboard. :yes I got 1.3 million and I didn't even go out of my way to beat it. I'm glad the requirements for the long races are soft, I'd hate to lose and have to start over. :frusty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:47 pm  Post subject:   
Here you go TypeZero ;)

Perpendiculous

By the way, when I got this score, I got a hidden character released. Wait til you see who it was (in Spoilers Thread).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:54 pm  Post subject:   
Nate-In-The-Flesh
  • SSX: Overall: #3
PSN: grandmort
No Records, hehehe...

I got my ass kicked Online last night!!! :D

BTW, yep, Stylemile is awesome, so are Ruthless Ridge and Gravitude!!!

;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:32 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:
I got my ass kicked Online last night!!!

You couldn't possibly have gotten your ass kicked as much as I did. I was an ass-muffin last night :lol

The two gurus of Merqurycity.com - Ass Muffins! :lol :lol :heh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:35 pm  Post subject:   
Gravitude MVP
:sad

I am never going to get the honor to play grandmort OR gondee online... EVER!!!

Everytime you guys are on, it is very late at night where I live :(

OH well, playing the game by myself is fine I suppose ;)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:39 pm  Post subject:   
i just got home from work

time to get to the REAL work however. im going to practice on Style Mile and Perpendiculous

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:42 pm  Post subject:   
Quote:
ime to get to the REAL work however. im going to practice on Style Mile and Perpendiculous

That's what I like to hear! :D You might check out my post in the top sticky to see my research on Monster Ubers - they're worth it if you do them once or twice - big bonuses.

By the way, I set this record just to goad you into busting all sorts of record ass kicking, heheh. ;P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:57 pm  Post subject:   
824k followed by 857k

im not sure if the monster tricks are actually worth it though...i mean, its quite easy for a full fledged character to overspin the requirements, so why bother with trying to do that when you can just hold a Tailgrab/Nosegrab uber and get 35-40k?

in addition, i've customized a lot of my ubers already, so i'd have to go back and redo them to get the ubers for the monster tricks, which i dont want to do.

hmmm, research time ladies

edit: btw, anyone figure out how the HELL to get to the upper half pipe section of perpendiculous? you cant handplant in the air, so i have no clue wtf to do

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:18 pm  Post subject:   
Not sure how to get up on the higher pipes on Perpendiculous, but I have a theory. I noticed at the end of the pipes there are what look like red bars. Maybe you need to handspring off of those. I am trying to figure out how to break a million on it. I have gotten 995k.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:23 pm  Post subject:   
710k on junction

i'll look for that on perpendiculous, while going for a million now ;)

yeah, thats how you get up there, its extremely odd that its all the way near the end of the run though.

there's there red little diamonds spinning waaaaaaaaay up above there, never seen them before. i figure a 10-12 second air is possible if you exit the pipe from the top

also, i figured out that holding an uber and spinning is worth more than doing 5 ubers. not sure if thats a good thing

well, i can get up there on a regular basis now, the red black diamond thingies are worth 10k. i've gotten about 3 full body heights above them, which is incredibly high. you need to watch the replay when you get up there, its quite sick

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:55 am  Post subject:   
You over a million yet on Perpendiculous Type?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:57 am  Post subject:   
Without going up on the top pipes, I got 1128934. Although that was just in heat 2. Now I gotta see if I can get close enough so I can get a platinum medal.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 12:28 pm  Post subject:   
no, actually i havent, 857k is my highest score :frusty

edit: 910k. how the hell am i gonna get another 90k? my left palm (well, the part just above your wrist, but below your thumb..that chunk of muscle) is hurting very badly from holding the d-pad down and gripping the controller.

edit2: alright, ripped apart the peak 3 jam, going to do peak 3 race tonight when i get home from work. man that was 30 minutes of sweetness...very cool how we're able to do that.

i got the church guy and the moocow bastard, which i believe are nothing more than novelty items. i still need to do the exploration parts in free ride to get all the other stuff, and do some of the big challenges.

my initial impressions would've rated the game at a 9.5, and then a 7.0...its climbing its way back up now, but one thing that pisses me off is how easily you get knocked off balance. oh well :( i'll give another update tonight

god, sorry...i just got an awesome idea:

custom peak race/jams.

go from R&B to Much 2 Much to Schizoprenia then The Throne in one competition. dammit! thats an idea to send to them next time

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 344  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 344 [ 8593 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 344