Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:56 am  Post subject: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: SledDawg_KR
About a week ago, the abilitly to see other riders during 3-2-1 Go events vanished! I am assuming it has something to do with trying to maximize the bandwidth of the EA servers, but at what cost?! IMO, the game mode loses SERIOUS entertainment value not seeing the other riders! Hopefully, this is only a TEMPORARY issue. Does anyone have news with regards to this issue? I have searched high and low for news about it, but no one seems to be mentioning it. What gives?!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:09 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
I remember racing ONlocke a few times and both of us being unable to see eachother a few times
:shrug

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: peabody1001
I have had the same problem. I even asked another rider if he could see me, but I did not get a response.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:22 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
I realize that showing the other riders must take up an immense amount of bandwidth space, but I feel so alone boarding down the mountain now during 3-2-1 Go events! What was once the BEST thing to hit SSX, has now become a mere shadow of it's former self. :( Anyone else share these thoughts? I would hope the folks at EA are working on bringing other riders back, but sadly, I'm afraid 3-2-1 has seen it's best days come and go.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:16 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
I have the same problem. No fun the 123 events anymore.
Did anyone ask @kingbitty on twitter?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:38 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
are you using Ridernet Radio?

i remember there was an issue if you used the Radio...you couldnt see other players in any event.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:22 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: GeeFunk2010
I never use Ridernet Radio, but when I play 3-2-1 I just see 1 other rider. Thats regardless of how many other riders in the heat.

I'm going to stand outside, so if anyone asks I'm outstanding :tridentwhite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:17 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
I noticed the lack of other riders on 321s a few days ago and assumed it was my connection gone wrong/ its a shame - its killed some of the fun of 321s no doubt about that.
The thing is slowly fizzling though... players are dwindling and its hard to find much competition these days.
I would like to play Marcus's PSN-3-2-1 on Saturday nights but its just the wrong time for me I'm afraid.
I've been going back to Explore to reclaim a few records but as time goes on its getting much more difficult to beat my own times - let alone others. Oh well :shrug

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:02 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: Psychedelic667
I used to play alot of those public 321 events and since the last weekend I can't see others either. I pmed other rider asking if he had the radionet on and the answer was negative. But there was 1 time I was playing with other 3 guys and I could see just 1 of them, my guess is some problem with their servers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:45 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
ha, i just logged onto SSX and the only featured 321 had 10 people on it. sat in the lobby for 5 mins.....no one showed up

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:05 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
I've even asked the folks at EA about it, but have not received an answer. :??? It's actually quite sad, because I think 3-2-1 was incredibly fun and truly breathing new life into SSX. I, too, have noticed fewer and fewer riders participating in 3-2-1 events and longer wait times in the lobby. Certainly, the "vanishing riders" has contributed to these recent changes. I mainly participate in trick events, but I can only imagine that riders competing in 3-2-1 RACE events are having an even tougher time with this recent change, as not being able to see your competition in relation to your own position must be quite challenging--and rather frustrating. Obviously, rider position in trick events is not as crucial, but not being able to see the other riders certainly downgrades the fun factor a tremendous amount! (not to mention, it was just pretty freakin cool to see other riders 'go at it' alongside you during drops!) Now, more than ever, organized 3-2-1 events might be the best option. If I were EA, I would be scrambling to fix this issue, but I suppose they already have my $60, and any newcommers to the game will be oblivious to the almost unbridled fun that the 3-2-1 Go events once offered. :|

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:14 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
The biggest problem for me with 3-2-1 these days is there is nobody playing! :( My favorite thing to do in SSX these days with what little I play is 3-2-1 trick and the last few times I have been on, there is either no 3-2-1 featured trick event, or the event has literally had "0" people in it. :( I commonly just jump off right away when this happens. Not to mention they really need to mix it up a bit with the featured tracks. It is always the same handful of tracks like JT2, Serenity, Big Show, etc.......Lots of other great tracks that would play really well for 3-2-1 and not sure why these dont get better rotation. :???

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
Like others have said - sometimes you can sit in the chopper for a long time waiting for other riders to line up - even when it says that a few are playing - they never show.
Along with the riders disappearing - quite often - the clock has too. So - I'm racing /tricking against invisible opponents, don't know my position... and I don't know how long I've got to finish either :??? :glare

Last edited by chromemaps on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
I asked Todbatty on twitter. He told me the same. Turn off Ridernet Radio. I never used it.

I haven no problem in the chopper I see the racers there. The ranking during the rase is also wrong om screen.
Ik saw chromemaps yesterday and i thought i won but i did not.

Somtimes i go in a empty 123 race and wait read something an almost always there comes a racer.

I organised a 123race an s i did not see the other racers.

I am Japie54

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: GeeFunk2010
^^I once lost with over 3sec in a 3-2-1 but when the scores came up..it said i had won with over 4sec...

I'm going to stand outside, so if anyone asks I'm outstanding :tridentwhite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
I hope it's something temporary.

I'm still up for giving the 3-2-1 events this coming saturday a shot, even if I'll arrive a bit late.

Don't know if I see much value in playing competitions if I can't see other players. If that's the case, they might as well just remove
3-2-1 go events alltogether... As now a global event will give the same gameplay experience (practically), just without all the waiting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:52 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: ChrisCSW20
I've had this aswell i just thought it was some kind of cheat :lol at least i know what it is now

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:28 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
Other riders are now back!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:59 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
chromemaps I know. Ik was right behind you.
Japie54.

Friday Todd Batty @Kingbitty told me on twitter that he was looking into it right now. (Friday)
Its working and i told him on twitter.

Chromemaps One to one races?
I know you are a little bit faster than me but not on all the tracks i hope.
Friends?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:21 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
^ sure thing/ send me a request - or I will add u when I see u

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:56 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
the SSX gods are smiling down upon us once again. :)
see you on the 3-2-1 Go, trick slopes!
Anyone? :wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: martymcflyy85
I wonder if there is a way in the future to have both cpu and live players together, to give the illusion that you aren't by yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:05 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
Other rider ghosts are now erratic, at best. Sometimes you get 'em, sometimes you don't. Sometimes only one other visible despite multiple competitors. :shrug possible sign that some tweaking is still going on with the EA servers.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:22 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
PSN: chaplin21
Just bought the game and am rather sad to see that I have missed out on all the fun in 3-2-1 events. A real shame, especially since this newest installment was a lot of fun.

Don't get me wrong though, it still is.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:13 am  Post subject: Re: Disappearance of other riders on 3-2-1 Go events.  
Welcome Largo! There is still lot's of fun to be had on 3-2-1 GO! events. Generally, if you check the "most popular" 3-2-1 event(s) theres usually a group competing. True, it's not as populated as it once was, but the 3-2-1 events have only been around since August of 2012--as they were added after the game was released last February.

Last edited by kfarrowatl on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 46 posts ]  1, 2