Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:01 pm  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #3
XBL: iTofu
Maxxens wrote:
In order to use a 64Bit Integer you would need a 64Bit CPU, not sure if the XBox/PS3 use 64Bit.
PS3 & 360 both have 64bit CPU. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
Pemdas82 wrote:
While that is true, it would take all of 15 mins to create a c++ class that could handle integers bigger than native types with the ability to add and subtract. This was clearly an oversight and am not really sure why they didn't just fix it completely.

...or they could just use long long, int64, whatever. Why create a class when you already have built-in types to handle it?

Regarding "why they didn't just fix it", I can think of several reasons. For example, it might have broken backwards compatibility with the save file, which would be a huge pain in the ass. They'd have to write code to read in the old save file format and write out the new one. Also, there might not be room on the screen to handle displaying the numbers that might result... what happens when you get to 10 billion. Does the code even handle that?

Much simpler just to cap it and make sure that overflow isn't possible. And if you have 2.1 billion credits I don't know that not being able to get more is a big deal. (Obviously, losing them because of overflow is a big deal, and hopefully is fixed).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:31 pm  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
troll director of stuff and things and smh #YOP
XBL: kingbitty
PSN: king8bitty
I am pretty sure this is correct. The guys fixed it so that you can't wrap past 2.1B and turn your balance negative, which was the bigger issue here. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:04 pm  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
XBL: Bildi
Might as well hit the limit in that case. Thanks for the confirmation. :china

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
PSN: Emu90
I just randomly remembered this and laughed. By myself. While eating cereals for dinner. I'm weird.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
Yes guys, bank roll freezes at 2.1bn in game and Global Event earnings at 4.3bn.
Just don't go over the 2.1bm because at a random point your credits will be reset.
If you get near, just make a few 100m Global Events for 10 minutes to dump 400m credits or so.

I have to do it nearly every week but would have around 40bn credits :D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
XBL: TickleMeOzmo
2.1 Billion is 2^31. Which means they allocated 32-bits as a signed integer (31 bits for number + 1 bit for positive or minus). Having a bank roll, it's seriously stupid to give it a signed (a number which has a plus or minus) number rather than an unsigned number.

An unsigned 32-bit number goes up to 4.2 billion.

Learn something today: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,147,483,647

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:19 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
nicklej wrote:
Just don't go over the 2.1bm because at a random point your credits will be reset.

It's not random. What happens is .... you get to 2.1bn .... you enter an event.... you hit a geotag in the game ... and THAT is what will send you back to zero.

You can sell stuff on 2.1bn and you can win events and they won't affect your credits.... it's the geotags that will take 'em.

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  1, 2