Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:56 pmBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:04 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
12 is probably only so high up because it was my first FF and I played it when I was young.
Do games all just suck nowadays? (Bar SSX :D)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:46 pm  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
Ah, I see. I think I read it wrong. :lol

I'm probably one of the few that really enjoyed Dirge of Cerberus and Revenant Wings was pretty good too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:47 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
PSN: MistressWiggle
Only FF game I've ever liked and enjoyed playing was FF12.

Despite the fact I detest the FF series, FF12 is in my top 3 favourite games ever, with Ocarina of Time and Pokemon Crystal.

The characters were interesting, the storyline was political but drew you in, the battle system wasn't made of arse and didn't stop your epic gameplay with lame music and a switch to a fight scene which was turn based, levelling wasn't monotonous, but last and most importantly, FF12 had something no other FF game had.

Click to reveal hidden content: show

Basch and Noah Bitches.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:57 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
PSN: new one - PM me
Holy crap i forgot about Bash, btw they look like Thor-ChrisHemsworth lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:44 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Kijooki wrote:
Holy crap i forgot about Bash, btw they look like Thor-ChrisHemsworth lol

I know it's awesome. <3 They are two of my favourite characters ever. There's like a superb, post ending fic on fanfiction.net about them which is just amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:06 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Attack Duck Owner
I don't get why they don't remake VII...."it would print money"... :lol

As far as Versus goes...man, I want that more than I want an FFXIII-3 at this point.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:21 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
SE could remake anything at this point and get rich and make fans loyal again, but they are too stupid.
Does anyone have any idea how much a 7 remake with better graphics would sell for?
A Kingdom Hearts HD collection+Final mix?
These guys have money sitting right in front of them, but they are too afraid to grab it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:18 pm  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
vix wrote:
I don't get why they don't remake VII...."it would print money"... :lol

As far as Versus goes...man, I want that more than I want an FFXIII-3 at this point.

apparently there are some new added features, but i don't think the scenario is changed... and it doesnt make me thrilled like i am for Versus, which btw i've been waiting for 6 years and i just can't any longer :frusty :frusty :frusty

Salariedcat7507 wrote:
SE could remake anything at this point and get rich and make fans loyal again, but they are too stupid.
Does anyone have any idea how much a 7 remake with better graphics would sell for?
A Kingdom Hearts HD collection+Final mix?
These guys have money sitting right in front of them, but they are too afraid to grab it.

Well SE is like a mystery to me, maybe that is why there are so many loyal fans..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:45 pm  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Attack Duck Owner
I'm still waiting for KH III....though that may as well be called Versus 2.0 :lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:22 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Agreed.
I am sick of all this s***, days, coded, BBS, DDD....JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN THIRD GAME ALREADY ALL OF THOSE SUCKED. (imo)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:05 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
ahah i never played KH blasphemyyyyy

i thought III had already been released :eek

and yeah i agree SE is talented in releasing pointless titles, like that Theatrarythm stuff for instance lol while EVERYONE awaits for the SAME sequels.

Speaking of other RPGs which would likely compensate my FF frustration, i mite give a chance to Sleeping Dogs tho, it reminds me of that legendary Shenmue. And where the hell is The Last Guardian, phewww... and i wish The Last Story was on PS3 (many "Last" IPs xD)

btw i'm glad there are people here who loved 12 i thought i was the only one.

Day - 3 :woot

http://na.square-enix.com/finalfantasy/go/article/view/final_fantasy_25th_anniversary/259623/final_fantasy_25th_anniversary_na_celebration%21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:23 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
6 F*ckin YEARS

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/08/17/where-is-final-fantasy-versus-xiii.aspx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:46 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
The new Duke Nukem Forever....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:40 pm  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Attack Duck Owner
I loved ff 12. That was the first real rpg I played. I spent a ton of hours on that game. If they did an HD remake, I'd be all over it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:06 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
vix wrote:
I loved ff 12. That was the first real rpg I played. I spent a ton of hours on that game. If they did an HD remake, I'd be all over it.

QFT

I would love a HD remake so bad, itd be amazing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:42 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
NA wrote:
vix wrote:

QFT
I would love a HD remake so bad, itd be amazing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:48 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:55 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
So true :lol

D - 1 AAAAAAAhhhhhhhhh :woot

*crossesherfingers*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:42 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
OMG

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/910243-final-fantasy-25th-anniversary-ultimate-box-announced-for-japan

355 euros *gasp*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:49 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
PSN: GeeFunk2010
Kijooki wrote:

:eek :jawdrop :woot :woot :woot Gimmi gimmi gimmi!!!

I'm going to stand outside, so if anyone asks I'm outstanding :tridentwhite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:54 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
why no X-2 :cry

and man i wish they were all PS3 compatible xD

don't forget tomorrow, announcement !!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:48 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Kijooki wrote:
why no X-2 :cry

and man i wish they were all PS3 compatible xD

don't forget tomorrow, announcement !!!

I know :cry I only have ps3. My ps and ps2 gave up years ago.

Not sure if I'm gonna buy it if it comes out in europe thou. I already own 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10-2,12,13,13-2 :D

I never forget ANYTHING that has to do with FF :lol Exited to see what they will anounce : :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:59 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
I had that brilliant nooby idea of selling out my slim ps2.

and i never had the ps1 :/

and wow, nice collection hehe, i almost have the same. (never played 4, 5, 6)

and yes yes tomorrowwwwww :woot :woot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
Attack Duck Owner
http://kotaku.com/5939772/youll-get-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-when-its-good-and-ready

http://kotaku.com/5939779/the-next-final-fantasy

Quote:
Final Fantasy XIII heroine Lightning will be back in a new game, Square-Enix announced today. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. This one is going to be a very different Final Fantasy.

Series director Motomu Toriyama began a presentation in Tokyo by showing an image of a rose, saying roses have many meanings. He then said that this game is the conclusion of Lightning's saga. (No, we're not sure what that means either!)

Toriyama said Lightning will make her comeback, returning as a stronger character than she was in the first two games, FF XIII and FF XIII-2. Lightning is going to face her final battle, so he asked the character designer to convey the power in her eyes. It's the end of her trilogy of games.

From the start, Toriyama described features little seen in Japan's renowned role-playing game series. The game will offer players a lot of ways to customize their version of Lightning. Her outfits will be about more than just aesthetics. They affect her abilities.

Character control will be more dynamic. She'll be able to hang off ledges, pull herself up, jump, duck behind corners. You'll be able to move her around in battle, a first, they said, for the series.

During the presentation, we got a look at what might be the first screenshot of the new game. (If not, then it's a concept piece.)

We also saw some concept art that begins to illustrate how different this game is from the standard FF game. The world of Lightning Returns runs in real-time. When the game begins, the world, called Nobus (Novus?) Partus, is 13 days away from the end. She has 13 days and 13 nights to save humanity. The game runs on a doomsday clock, shades of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.

The whole game runs on a time-of-day system, with a monorail that moves through it on schedule, like everything else in the world—you can get stuck in one region waiting for the monorail to take you to another island.

The game world touches on three themes: gothic, mechanical and fantasy.

The game will be out for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in 2013.

But wait, there's more!

Concept art galore...

Also: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/01/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-announced

Quote:
Square Enix has announced Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. Set to arrive in 2013, Lightning Returns will incorporate “a brand-new story, world, characters and an enhanced gameplay system,” according to Square Enix. The game will feature Lightning as a solo playable character and allow her to freely roam a new world.

Other details regarding Lightning Returns are limited. We do know that the main story takes place hundreds of years after Final Fantasy XIII-2, set in a world called Novus Partus -- which is composed of four islands connected by monorail. The development team told IGN that three of the guiding pillars for the art direction in Lightning Returns are "gothic, mechanical and fantasy."

The most startling change to Lightning Returns comes in the form of the doomsday countdown. According to Square-Enix, the world will end after 13 days, and a massive clock will count down constantly in the corner of the screen to indicate this looming deadline. Any action players take, even taking the monorail from place to place, will spend time and hasten the end of days.

With Lightning as the only playable character, players will have unparalleled control over customizing her looks and combat style. The battle system itself, a greatly modified version of the previous two, will feature real-time elements including direct control of Lightning's movement and her attacks, as well as time-based moves that drain the doomsday counter. Lightning Returns will also include a real-time block system, designed to make battles much more active and time-based. Even dying mid-battle will activate a prompt to give players the choice to rewind their mistakes at the expense of the timer.

Lightning Returns was announced at today’s Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Event, which Square Enix has been teasing since last month. In early July, Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 director Motomu Toriyama hinted at the project, which entered production at the beginning of August, followed shortly by a teaser site.

Square Enix confirmed that Lightning Returns will be the final chapter of Lightning’s saga, which began in Final Fantasy XIII back in 2010. Lightning’s sister Serah was the focus of Final Fantasy XIII-2, which hit stores earlier this year and received downloadable content that continued Lightning’s story.

No other details have been announced, but be sure to check out Square Enix’s official Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII site for more updates as they’re revealed.

http://kotaku.com/5939791/a-brand+new-final-fantasy-xiii-means-exciting-new-creatures-to-kill

http://kotaku.com/5939788/heres-square-enix-talking-about-the-next-final-fantasy

http://kotaku.com/5939789/soak-in-the-beauty-of-lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiiis-concept-art/gallery/1

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/31/lightning-returns-final-fantasy-xiii-headed-to-360-ps3-in-2013/

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:18 am  Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Topic  
^^not quite sure what to tink of this to be honest. Think I need to get more info on how exatly this is going to work. With the doomsday clock and all.....wonder if the clock is real-time or not...

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 16 [ 399 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16