Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:01 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:06 pm  Post subject: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
Anybody else having an issue with having a cap at 2.1 billion for your bank?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:07 pm  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
PSN: Crazy_driveR3
Todd Smith wrote:

Bank or lifetime earnings? im at 640 mil in the bank now :(

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
Crazy_driveR3 wrote:
Todd Smith wrote:

Bank or lifetime earnings? im at 640 mil in the bank now :(

Bank. My lifetime earnings seem to be increasing still, but I am capped at 2.1 billion in my bank.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:13 pm  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
PSN: Emu90
Yes. Treadstoned fixed a bug. In the past you would get - 2.1 billion in debt. Not fun at all. Though I agree, they shouldn't have capped it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:17 pm  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
TrickyEmu wrote:
Yes. Treadstoned fixed a bug. In the past you would get - 2.1 billion in debt. Not fun at all. Though I agree, they shouldn't have capped it.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was a bit surprised since I have not read about this cap.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:41 pm  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
XBL: mahkraFUD
Did they cap your actual amount in the bank, or just the displayed value?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:55 pm  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX (2012): Survival: #2
  • Overall Best Players: Survival: #2
PSN: chromemaps
I'm sure that when we had the latest dlc this was one of the glitches that was meant to have been sorted?
I seem to remember Bitty saying something to the effect of "now earning billions can only be considered a good thing".
Anyone remember that?
I am now on 2bn ... maybe I should start spending like a lunatic / as I have heard its possible to lose the entire amount if u get to 2.2bn.
Is that right??

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:01 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
PSN: GeeFunk2010
chromemaps wrote:
I'm sure that when we had the latest dlc this was one of the glitches that was meant to have been sorted?
I seem to remember Bitty saying something to the effect of "now earning billions can only be considered a good thing".
Anyone remember that?
I am now on 2bn ... maybe I should start spending like a lunatic / as I have heard its possible to lose the entire amount if u get to 2.2bn.
Is that right??

I know there has been at least 2 people here that has lost all of there credits when passing 2.2bn. Had to tlak to batty and he fixed it. But like you I thought that was supposed to have been fixed with the latest update. Maby it hasn't. I wouldn't know since I'm nowhere near that amount in my bank. Heck I got past 500mill for the first time ever last night

I'm going to stand outside, so if anyone asks I'm outstanding :tridentwhite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:44 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
mahkra wrote:
Did they cap your actual amount in the bank, or just the displayed value?

Good question, not sure. :shrug

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:16 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
XBL: Bildi
After reading of Hero losing all his credits recently, I've tried to stay under 2 billion. I didn't hear of a cap either, only that they had fixed the negative credits thing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:27 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
SSX (2012): Racing: #1SSX (2012): Overall: #1
Scoreboard Honors: 4
  • Overall Best Players: #3
  • SSX (2012): Racing: #1
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #1
  • Overall Best Players: Racing: #2
PSN: RadicalPlayer
Its not just Hero... Zock lost his credits too... And Morten lost them 3 times!! So I'm not really sure if they patched that properly...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:45 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
RadicalPlayer wrote:
Its not just Hero... Zock lost his credits too... And Morten lost them 3 times!! So I'm not really sure if they patched that properly...

3 times??? :??? That's F*cked up! :mad

Well that's what you get for beeing so damn fast :lol :lol :lol
Last time he had them all back after an hour or so i think :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:40 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
Dude He's Morten what do you expect :lol Like I had 300M the whole time I had SSX and just during the past week i now currently have 1.7B :| You earn money too easily nowadays

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:53 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
^^I know :) He's waaaay to good at this game :)

When they made it possible to have up 100mill customs they kinda took away the hard work of earning money, but when you think about it...it's not that much to spend it on anyways. I miss beeing able to buy stuff for my characters.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:04 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
Like a good piece of gear is 13M-16M I think... and a good board is like 35M... the epic and legendary are like 1M each... So yeah theres a looot to spend on SSX and thankfully your money doesn't run as dry as it used to... And now I want to spend my credits like crazy cuz I'm reaching the 2B mark and I don't want to lose my credits :|

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:09 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
RadicalPlayer wrote:
Like a good piece of gear is 13M-16M I think... and a good board is like 35M... the epic and legendary are like 1M each... So yeah theres a looot to spend on SSX and thankfully your money doesn't run as dry as it used to... And now I want to spend my credits like crazy cuz I'm reaching the 2B mark and I don't want to lose my credits :|

Yeah sure there are expensive stuff too buy, but I wish there where more customization options for the riders. Like it was in SSX3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:39 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
XBL: tendicott
PSN: tendicott
My guess for the reason this is happening is because the way SSX is made is that they make use of the C++ programming language and that the amount of credits you have is stored as a long integer type variable. In C++ the range of a long integer type is between −2,147,483,648 to +2,147,483,647. So this is why there is a cap on the amount of credits you can have as it is the highest it can possibly be. I guess before the cap was put in place if you went over the the highest amount you would then sort of loop round to the lowest amount a long integer type can be that is why people were getting -2.1 billion credit debts. I tried programming this to see what would happen as I have never used C++ before. You can see my results below. The black window is the output and to the left of it is my code so as you can see adding 1 to the highest number a long integer can be resets it to the lowest number a long integer can be

Results | Click to reveal hidden content

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:42 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
:thumbsup ^^that could very well be the reason tendicott :) I have no clue when it comes to programing, but what your saying makes alot of sense

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:57 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
Scoreboard Honors: 1
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #3
XBL: Hero Complexity
PSN: HeroComplexity
tendicott wrote:
My guess for the reason this is happening is because the way SSX is made is that they make use of the C++ programming language and that the amount of credits you have is stored as a long integer type variable. In C++ the range of a long integer type is between −2,147,483,648 to +2,147,483,647. So this is why there is a cap on the amount of credits you can have as it is the highest it can possibly be. I guess before the cap was put in place if you went over the the highest amount you would then sort of loop round to the lowest amount a long integer type can be that is why people were getting -2.1 billion credit debts. I tried programming this to see what would happen as I have never used C++ before. You can see my results below. The black window is the output and to the left of it is my code so as you can see adding 1 to the highest number a long integer can be resets it to the lowest number a long integer can be

Dude, thanks for putting that out there. That just made a whole lot more sense. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:55 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
  • SSX (2012): Overall: #3
XBL: iTofu
Tendicott beat me to it, integer sizes are sometimes defined as 32 bit integers, such as long integers in C and C++, which means it's between -2,147,483,647 to 2,147,483,647. That's the reason it caps and there were problems. Usually you can make an integer unsigned, meaning it cannot be negative and the range is 0 to 4,294,967,295. Guess that wasn't an option, certainly other ways to circumvent like switching it to a 64 bit integer, which would increase the size to −9,223,372,036,854,775,808 to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807. It was probably too much work.

Last edited by iTofu on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:55 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
Hero Complexity wrote:
tendicott wrote:

Dude, thanks for putting that out there. That just made a whole lot more sense. :thumbsup

+1! That was some awesome info. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:35 pm  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
XBL: MdX MaxX
iTofu wrote:
Guess that wasn't an option, certainly other ways to circumvent like switching it to a 64 bit integer, which would increase the size to −9,223,372,036,854,775,808 to 9,223,372,036,854,775,807. It was probably too much work.

But I'm sure the work it would take to increase the integer size (if it is at all that much work) would be worth it. I mean, I'm sure Batty would love to have more than 2.2 billion credits. :lol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:24 pm  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
XBL: Bildi
Interesting info tendicott & iTofu. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:56 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
  • SSX (2012): Showoff: #2
PSN: Pemdas82
tendicott wrote:

While that is true, it would take all of 15 mins to create a c++ class that could handle integers bigger than native types with the ability to add and subtract. This was clearly an oversight and am not really sure why they didn't just fix it completely.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:04 am  Post subject: Re: Global Event bank roll wont go past 2.1 billion  
PSN: Maxxens
In order to use a 64Bit Integer you would need a 64Bit CPU, not sure if the XBox/PS3 use 64Bit.

Edit: BTW, there is somewhere another thread about the negative money problem. There I wrote in detail what happens and why a positive number manages to turn negative ;)

Edit2: I am very generous today so I found the thread ;)

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10660

Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 1 of 2 [ 33 posts ]  1, 2