Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:29 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:17 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: lsatterfield
After this, I want "Capture the Flag."

Almost over now...

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:02 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: na
switch uber wrote:

Hahaha that would be hard but fun

Thanks EA, curious to check it out.
Any idea of when a patch will come out (skip music) ?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:39 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: Emu90
*rubs hands* Good. Good! :yes

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:53 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: TickleMeOzmo
switch uber wrote:
YES!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 10:56 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: GoofyfanChuck
Now that I have all my characters maxed out, sure! I'll try this 'King of the Mountain' event.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:40 am  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: sparkness08
In the interest of fairness to the girls, Queen of the Mountain the week after next? ;)

https://ssx.ozmonet.com/user/275926760

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 1:54 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Zoe's #1 Fan
Scoreboard Honors: 2
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
roll on friday :)

A 24hr challenge, winner takes all?

I also want capture the flag :D or ultimate avalanche mode

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:13 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
troll director of stuff and things and smh #YOP
XBL: kingbitty
PSN: king8bitty
You are correct. :)

But not 24 hrs.

We will have running a different race and trick event Fri-Sat-Sun this weekend with a winner-take-all style leaderboard and credit payout.

And to give as many people as possible a chance to win one, the events will all be shorter than 10 mins. In most cases they will be just long enough to allow for 1 or 2 restarts if you mess up, assuming you jump in right at the start.

The shortest event is 5 minutes, the longest is 8.

The minimum buy-in is 2,000,000, the highest is 8,000,000.

I am not going to reveal what drops the events are on, but there will be 2 banners in the main menu pointing you to each event on all 3 days.

Have fun. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:24 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: ruf-home
OMG sick...finaly somethig to spend all those credits... :thumbsup...with a chance to win some more :D

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:36 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: Endemism
Looking forward to earning some easy cash... :pimp

Or rather reluctantly giving away my money to rich people as Battyman and the likes. :heh

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:40 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Ya know I was wondering why winner-takes-all never got used... This should be fun :D Unless I go broke due to failure.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:42 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: lsatterfield
Yeah, I'm not good enough or risky enough to try this! :no

The pressure also scares me.... :lol

Almost over now...

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 3:01 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
PSN: siredward
While I think this is cool I'm a little afraid that it will scare even more players away from Global Events.
I've given the new additions a chance before i've made up my mind. The new "Today's Global Event" and this "King of the mountain", should come in addition to open mountains. A lot of players express their frustrations over this and I can really understand them. They used to like going where ever they wanted, and now that opportunity has been taken away.
I believe the banners is more than enough to get peoples attention to those featured events. So please reopen the rest of the globe while you add this.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:37 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Zoe's #1 Fan
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #2
  • SSX Blur: Overall: #3
PSN: PabloYeti
kingbitty wrote:
You are correct. :)
But not 24 hrs.
We will have running a different race and trick event Fri-Sat-Sun this weekend with a winner-take-all style leaderboard and credit payout.

Cool :D Ive done some of these as custom events, I also turn the ghost and standings off to add to the pressure. Never won one but I like it and im sure I'll be losing all that hard earned cash Ive just got from the current high cost drops.

Have you though about doing a 'back to basics weekend challenge' with only level 1 gear but high drop costs. It could be quite funny with everyone use to going really fast then suddenly having the top speeds cut - how about the big run down Mt Eddie, who can make the fastest run down the longest track with the slowest gear :lol

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:46 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: MdX MaxX
This would be freaking sweet...if I had any reason to get more credits. I mean, bigger numbers are bigger numbers, but bragging rights aren't very useful. We really need some Uber-expensive items that only show up for the high-roller players (but don't give a competitive advantage).

Also, I'm starting to feel bad for the more casual players out there. They probably all go to the featured range, see that they have to spend double-digit percentages of their credits to participate, and feel left out. We need some sort of beacon for them, too.

Don't take this the wrong way, though; I love that you guys are trying. Just don't think of us all the time.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 4:55 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: Kaavyn
switch uber wrote:

Or Capture the Ghost :)

Send out a bunch of record times and the goal is to phase through the ghost to "catch" it :)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:06 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Kav wrote:
switch uber wrote:

Or Capture the Ghost :)

Send out a bunch of record times and the goal is to phase through the ghost to "catch" it :)

Or capture the snowflake :D first one who finds it wins :) lol

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:09 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
Yeti wrote:
Have you though about doing a 'back to basics weekend challenge' with only level 1 gear but high drop costs. It could be quite funny with everyone use to going really fast then suddenly having the top speeds cut - how about the big run down Mt Eddie, who can make the fastest run down the longest track with the slowest gear :lol

I love this idea and we could totally do it.

Good stuff Yeti!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:10 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
ÜberMeister wrote:
While I think this is cool I'm a little afraid that it will scare even more players away from Global Events.
I've given the new additions a chance before i've made up my mind. The new "Today's Global Event" and this "King of the mountain", should come in addition to open mountains. A lot of players express their frustrations over this and I can really understand them. They used to like going where ever they wanted, and now that opportunity has been taken away.
I believe the banners is more than enough to get peoples attention to those featured events. So please reopen the rest of the globe while you add this.

We're well aware of this frustration and are working on it. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:04 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: MrPanic1989
Not hating on these great ideas for events, but I hope you guys are aware of the fact that a title update is required if you want to continue these events. The global event menu's are a total mess in the way they are run now, I doubt they would pass any decent usability test atm. I don't know what you guys are working on right now, but I'm very certain that the unclear options in GE are scaring quite a few players away. Those banners are nice, but they really don't cut it atm, it better be a temporary fix till a update is ready.

Just to be clear, GE menu's are a mess and requires a update in a near future.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:59 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
MrPanic wrote:
Not hating on these great ideas for events, but I hope you guys are aware of the fact that a title update is required if you want to continue these events.

Truly?

So if we can't/don't patch the GE menus we should discontinue trying new stuff out using the tools we do have?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:04 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: Bildi
I top diamond very occasionally, but I'm not into gambling - I'm out. :heh Interesting idea though.

Might I suggest an 'Everyone's a Winner' weekend where all payouts are doubled and bronze is brought up to parity, minimum. The other day I saw bronze bracket players were losing about 3.5mil per 5mil event. Brutal!

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:05 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
  • SSX Blur: Racing: #3
  • SSX 3: Overall: #3
PSN: obiwahnshinobi
kingbitty wrote:
Yeti wrote:

I love this idea and we could totally do it.

Good stuff Yeti!

It would be but first you need the team to patch mt eddie from loading crashes/freezes. :(

(19:57:20) gondee: how does one master the dweeng

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:15 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: Bildi
I like the level 1 idea too. :thumbsup

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:13 pm  Post subject: Re: King of the Mountain Events  
XBL: MrPanic1989
kingbitty wrote:
MrPanic wrote:
Not hating on these great ideas for events, but I hope you guys are aware of the fact that a title update is required if you want to continue these events.

Truly?

So if we can't/don't patch the GE menus we should discontinue trying new stuff out using the tools we do have?

It's fine for trying out new stuff, but I will say that throwing new things like that in into a interface that's really isn't made for it will throw some people off the game in the long run. The interface works great for explore as well as it did for the old GE system, but with all the changes it certainly gives off a 'did they even tested this?' kind of vibe, which is enough reason for a lot of casuals to drop a game. The only real reason it works now is because the banners skip most of the process. I won't bore you with talk about usability tests and that nonsense, but I'm pretty sure your in-house testers would agree with me that the GE menu's can be called kinda problematic atm.

I'm not saying you should stop trying new things, please do. But when it's clear how normal GE's and its variations will be run forever a update is pretty much required to accommodate that decision, the current tools may cut it on a technical level but are lacking on a usability level. At least that's my opinion on it.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 5 [ 110 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5