Discuss all subjects about SSX and SSX Tricky here
Post a reply

Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:13 pm

and in 45 minutes raised my SD score to 316k yay!

It was funny. The run breakdown went like this:

Im hoping to break 400k there. And thats really the only course ive played since ive gone back (which happened an hour ago :heh )

Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:21 pm

Good luck : ) if you need any pointers, you can ask either me or MrChaos.

Hehe, just wait until you find yourself getting 316k by the first checkpoint : )

Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:29 pm

wut is a good score there i forgot??

Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:41 pm

I had so much trouble when I first went back to SSX, because there was no correction at the end of your tricks. I landed on my head in about the first 20 trick attempts before I got used to it.

Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:21 pm

yeah, about two weeks ago I went back to playing that game, particularly mesa, and it seemed so very weird not to have uber tricks to do....
The only freestyle score that is in any way ok would be 600k and change on EA.... :frusty
Playing this game makes you realize all the little things EA has improved in the series since the first. Heck, just look at the graphics, for example. Or the control that you have over your character, how much tighter the controls are, etc, etc.
They are all great games but playing the original SSX has made me appreciate SSX3 just that much more. :)

Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:56 am

Dementedpup6 wrote:wut is a good score there i forgot??

I currently hold the record at 551K (pic is in my sig)... Who knows how long I will hold that FOR...

If you need help on it cpd, check out my 487K vid...

Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:36 am

laidback0378 wrote:yeah, about two weeks ago I went back to playing that game, particularly mesa, and it seemed so very weird not to have uber tricks to do....
The only freestyle score that is in any way ok would be 600k and change on EA.... :frusty
Playing this game makes you realize all the little things EA has improved in the series since the first. Heck, just look at the graphics, for example. Or the control that you have over your character, how much tighter the controls are, etc, etc.
They are all great games but playing the original SSX has made me appreciate SSX3 just that much more. :)

laidback...im kinda surprised you say that :heh (its just my opinion) ssx 1, if you just try to see it,...has waaaay better graphics than tricky...and control of the character :eek ssx is more real...in ssx 3, you can start a trick out of nowhere in the middle of air....ssx (and tricky) have the "slowdown" effect which is just real physics....ssx tricky's racing was soiled with glitches pretty much every track (and not to mention infinite boost for doing 7 easy tricks)...ssx 3 has a messed up, two-trick showoff mode....ssx 1 is glitch free, great graphics, and you need to do tricks on avery chance...instead of having for the rest of the track, its showoff mode isnt soiled.....it's a game that requires more skill than the other two...which is why i find it the best one :yes ....imo

Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:42 am

I'll go back to SSX1 after I'm done with perp : ) I might have a snow day tomorrow, so I'll play for a few hours if this is the case. The first records I'd go for again are Pipedream, Snowdream, and Tokyo Megaplex (yeah, that's right, the easy ones... I'm lazy :lol )

Mesa and MCM are going to be so boring to try and beat, and I'm not even good at EA yet (namely, the goddamn halfpipe)... not to mention I hate the course itself -_-

Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:29 pm

blackdth, where do you live?....cuz i might also get a snowday! :wink

Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:02 pm

You could go look on any manhole cover in your street to find out : )

Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:10 pm

.....um....ok....

:??? :dead ....does everything have to be a riddle now?

Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:36 pm

Er.. every manhole cover in your streets should come from the foundry in Neenah, Wisconsin (which happens to be where I live)

Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:45 pm

MrChaos wrote:
Dementedpup6 wrote:wut is a good score there i forgot??

I currently hold the record at 551K (pic is in my sig)... Who knows how long I will hold that FOR...

If you need help on it cpd, check out my 487K vid...

well whats a GOOD score not amazing just good not great but good
like what 350k or 400k???????

Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:05 pm

I'd say 400k... that's about where you would have to start concentrating on your line if you want higher scores.

Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:33 am

BlackDth wrote:I'd say 400k... that's about where you would have to start concentrating on your line if you want higher scores.

Definitely true on almost ANY ssx course... For the longest time I could not get above 450K.. After revamping my line, I raised my score by 100K... It could be near 600K on a PERFECT run... We shall see...

Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:42 pm

GiveMeIce, you missed this one :rolleyes

Sun Mar 28, 2004 4:43 pm

:heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh :heh
Post a reply