Back to the SSX Fan Site Gravitude Bar Index
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:39 amBoard indexFAQSearchArcadeUser Control PanelPrivate MessagesLoginRegister

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:51 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
PSN: Endemism
whoozwah wrote:
this is excellent vix. What I'm going to do for my own benefit is make a chill out tricky playlist of drops. What I'm going to do is eliminate all the racing and survival events from the list. Then I'm going to eliminate all the deadly decent runs. Then I'm going to eliminate all the "little brother courses" for example "fast forward" and "trickypedia" in the himalayas. They're just sections of "Serenity" so I'm only keeping the longest run if it's sectioned off like that. Then when I have that list compiled I'm going to play test all of them and look for drops with bottomless pits and eliminate those. What I'll be left with is essentially the ultimate list of laid back runs for honing your skills, chilling out and having a good time without much or any frustration. If anyone's interested I can post this list once I get it done.

Oh, please very much do so! :china

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:42 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
whoozwah wrote:
this is excellent vix. What I'm going to do for my own benefit is make a chill out tricky playlist of drops. What I'm going to do is eliminate all the racing and survival events from the list. Then I'm going to eliminate all the deadly decent runs. Then I'm going to eliminate all the "little brother courses" for example "fast forward" and "trickypedia" in the himalayas. They're just sections of "Serenity" so I'm only keeping the longest run if it's sectioned off like that. Then when I have that list compiled I'm going to play test all of them and look for drops with bottomless pits and eliminate those. What I'll be left with is essentially the ultimate list of laid back runs for honing your skills, chilling out and having a good time without much or any frustration. If anyone's interested I can post this list once I get it done.



PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:10 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Okay. Here's the list of what imo are the most laid back, hazard free riding experiences in the game.

Alaska – Foraker: Lock Jaw
Alps – Vorassay: Beyond the Fall
Alps – Vorassay: The Hammer
Himalayas – Makalu: Serenity
New Zealand – Mount Wakefield: Bulldog
New Zealand – Mount Wakefield: Mornin’ Tiger
Rockies – Whitehorn Mountain: Curnoe’s Moustache
Rockies – Whitehorn Mountain: JT2
Siberia – Boris: The Big Show

Hazards but nothing overly terrible

Alaska – Silverthrone: Pan (starts off with ledge hazards for about the first 15-20 seconds but then it opens up with no more hazards)
Alaska – Silverthrone: Unsanctioned (same as Pan)
Alaska – Foraker: The Dilemma (avalanches can start but they're very light and you can outrun them or take the high line while tricking)
Antarctica – Mount Craddock: Root Down (there is a cold survival element here but it's not that serious. There's generally plenty of sunlight.)
Himalayas – Chomo Lonzo: Bear Claw (this one says it needs a wingsuit but it really doesn't. It's just a very vertical run. Really fun.)
Patagonia – Cerro Pollone: Blackbox (needs wingsuit but only in a few spots. Generally pretty open. May take you 1 or 2 tries to fine a good line)
Patagonia – Cerro Pollone: Salient (see Blackbox)
Siberia – Kara-Oiuk: Don’t Make Me (says it requires ice axes but you could prolly get away without them. Nice trick run scattered with trees.)
Siberia – Boris: Vapor Trail (very very few pits near second half of track before nuclear stations open up. Easily avoidable)

And there it is. Out of the possible 153 trick drops in this game there are 18 that don't throw environmental hazards at you at every opportunity. That might be a depressing ratio but that's more tracks than either SSX 3 or Tricky had. And once those are mastered you can start moving on to other courses.

Rule of thumb in eliminating frustration in this game is this:

Tracks that have survival drops are best played as such until you can get through them consistently with no issues. Trying to add a race or trick element to these drops before you're intimately familiar with them is not a good idea.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:06 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
PSN: DeimosClay
Aren’t there around 66 named tracks in the game? Then it would be around 27% easy.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:37 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Great thread! :thumbsup
Just as a heads up though, "Antarctica – Vinson Massif: Rolling Thunder: Trick It" is listed twice.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
PSN: iWolfe2327
Does Diamond bracket mean only ONE person is in that bracket? Meaning they are the top person in the global event?

I wasn't sure. I was in platinum, beat the score to get to diamond, and then that person got knocked back down to platinum. I thought it was a percentage of people in diamond, but it's not showing anyone above me... 32.9 mil in zombies with jetpacks!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:33 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Attack Duck Owner
PSN: VixDiesel
MarcusAnnex wrote:
Just as a heads up though, "Antarctica – Vinson Massif: Rolling Thunder: Trick It" is listed twice.

because there's two events there. I forgot to go back and edit it to say that one is during the night and one is during the day. :china

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:39 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
vix wrote:
MarcusAnnex wrote:

because there's two events there. I forgot to go back and edit it to say that one is during the night and one is during the day. :china

Oh neato :D I was unaware. Wonder why they didn't do that for more tracks, or just give us the option.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:49 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Attack Duck Owner
i thought, at first, that maybe it was a mistake. that one was supposed to be a survive it maybe.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:49 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
PSN: jonipooon
Is this a help thread aswell?

I don't know if Im stupid or if its just that I havn't owned a PS3 long enough, but I'm trying to enter the codes I got when I bought the game so that I can unlock Eddie and Mt Fuji. My paper says "from the main SSX menu, select Redeem Code(s)"... Now where the hell do I found this menu bar? I've been speeding through almost all menu bars in the whole game and I really dont know where this "Redeem Codes" menu bar is!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:08 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Attack Duck Owner
You can do it outside of the game as well, it may be easier...

Go to the psn tab on the xmb, i think it's the one next to the friends list. go to account management, and then somewhere in there is a redeem codes section. it should be easier that way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:26 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Right. Seems I need an internet connection then. -.-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:29 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Attack Duck Owner
Yeah, you need to have your console online to redeem the codes. :/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:43 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Well, then its a lie that the codes are included in the price. :lol Because eventually I'll have to buy a cable or something to connect my PS3 to my mobile broadband.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:41 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
PSN: SSXcoolNL
Thank you for all the great information posted here! :thumbsup :china

I have a question which I couldn't find the answer for in the first post.

Sometimes you see an 'epic' board, like the 'Epic Speed Board' etc. If you buy them at, let's say, level 4, will their stats go up with your character leveling up, until you reach the max level?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:17 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
the stats on gear are static. If you buy a lvl 4 speed board with say 24 speed points and then you level your character up to lvl 9, that board will still only give you 24 speed points. However the store front will present you with lvl 9 speed boards that have WAY better stats. Ultimately unless you just grind your character on an easy course and level them up never buying gear, you'll probably end up with at least a few different boards per character that offer varying levels of performance. This can actually be useful though as some global events have a gear level cap on them meaning that you can't use your lvl 9 stuff if the event calls for that lvl 4 stuff at the most.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:04 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
XBL: PainedOdin
Jonipoon wrote:
Well, then its a lie that the codes are included in the price. :lol Because eventually I'll have to buy a cable or something to connect my PS3 to my mobile broadband.

You have a year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:02 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
PSN: SSXcoolNL
Thanks Whoozwah for explaining this.
I guess it's a good thing to not sell boards and mods back to the store then. I just thought the game would compensate for a lower level Global Event. Thanks for the tip. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Where can we find a list for what character is tied to which region in World Tour? I know a few of them, but not all and was just curious.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:28 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Attack Duck Owner
Rockies/Trees/Zoe

Alaska/Avalanche/Tane

Africa/Darkness/Mac

Patagonia/Gravity/Elise

New Zealand/White Out/Ty

Siberia/Ice/Alex

Himalayas/Thin Air/Kaori

Antarctica/Cold/Moby

Alps/Rock/Psymon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:11 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Cool, thanks Vix.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:51 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
PSN: HoltyeHigh
That is an awesome post with all the info I wanted, cheers :thumbsup

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:21 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
PSN: Donoftea
Just wanted to say thanks to Vix & whoozwah for this thread - mega useful.

I now have a list of nice friendly tracks to session - happy days.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:52 pm  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
Jonipoon wrote:

If you turn your mobile into a wifi hotspot you could connect over that, unless I've misunderstood.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:34 am  Post subject: Re: Mega Info Thread - Please Read Before Posting  
PSN: Donoftea
vix wrote:
Outfits can also have attribute perks attached to them such as big head, big hands etc.

Has anyone used this kind of perk yet? I haven't found anything so far, would be interested if anyone has more info. I loved big heads on Goldeneye 64.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to:  

Information
Page 2 of 5 [ 102 posts ]  1, 2, 3, 4, 5